Block a comma separated list of bloggers
Tumblr Batch Block lets you block multiple users at once, without the hassle of having to block them one at a time. With this extension you can mitigate the damage of a harassment campaign by stopping the hate mail, potentially before it even starts. If you find any bugs or wish to help with the development of this extension, please visit the official development page at https://github.com/realityfabric/Tumblr-Batch-Block Changelog: v1.8.4: - filters user input to remove previously blocked blogs from the to-block list. - uses event handlers instead of time intervals to increase reliability and speed. v1.7.5: - reorganized some code - updated the UI (HTML and CSS modifications) - added a note about the location of the exported blocklist v1.6: - Fixed truncation of exported lists; allows users to switch tabs while exporting. v1.5: - Added the ability to export blocklists v1.4: - Large speed improvements from v1.3 and before
- (2021-04-10) m0use b0nes: Works exceptionally well! Typically very quick but it can be a while if the list is super long, though it's much faster than doing it by hand!
- (2021-01-22) Milo G: works really well, I blocked like 10000 terfs (via the disrespect-terf-juice blog) and it took a bit of waiting and letting it run in another tab, but worked great!
- (2020-10-13) Luna Langehaug: No longer appears to work following the recent tumblr update.
- (2020-09-15) Starberridew YouTube: Hey, thank you so much for making this. I was able to copy my block list from main over to my sideblogs. It was pretty easy to figure out!
- (2019-10-17) Nin Kurusu: Keeps giving me errors like "You already blocked this user" and then won't continue...
- (2018-03-12) Isabella C: It worked great for me. You can go to this website -> https://convert.town/column-to-comma-separated-list <- to change block lists to lists separated by commas instead of doing it yourself. I disabled this extension after blocking everyone (50+ blogs) that was on the list. Thank you so much for making this extension!
- (2020-08-01, v:1.8.4) T Hope: its not blocking anyone
ive tried using the extention and did everything right (triple checked the instructions) but its not blocking anybody and the export blocklist button doesnt work either
- (2019-07-29, v:1.8.4) Bree Strough: Extension not working.
As of a few days ago, the extension no longer does anything with the urls that are put into the list. It no longer blocks anyone. I'm concerned, because I have multiple blogs and a long list of names that I want blocked, and to put that long list manually in more than one blocklist would be exhausting and time consuming. I rely on this extension, so it's a shame that it isn't working anymore. I tried updating it and uninstalling and re-installing it, but that didn't help.
- (2018-08-19, v:1.6.1) Brianna M: Skipping Blogs
The blocker has recently been skipping a lot of blogs throughout the list that I put into the blocker.
- (2017-09-13, v:1.4) Pugugly001: Suggestions
I'm unsure how hard any of these would be to implement, but some nice features would be. Automatically syncing sub-blog block lists with the main blog. Unfortunately the tumblr phone app doesn't actually allow you to block from any blog *but* your main blog. If this system could sync anyone blocked in your main blog to sub blogs without copying, pasting and editing in notepad, then individually updating subblogs, that would be wonderful. Similarly, I've stumbled across a system called 'hastebin', a kind of poor mans github for text files. I'm not sure the functionality is set for it properly - I haven't figured out how to edit a hastebin page once it's saved, but if you can, hastebin could be used to keep an automatically updated list of tumblrs multiple people can subscribe to and blocked these pornbots. That may require a hastebin pro account though. Regardless, thanks for the app, it definitely fills a niche.