Allows you to insert tab characters into textarea fields (multi-line text fields).
How many times have you wanted to put a TAB character into a text field, only to find that it simply moves you to the next field? Whether you're writing code, creating a list of items or creating a multi-column table, the ability to insert TAB characters is one that you won't take for granted. Tab Grabber tries to be smart about it. If you are attempting to tab through the fields in a form, it won't stop you. But, if you're clearly entering text in a field, it will kick in and allow you to use TAB characters in the field. Oh, and it also supports the TAB character's arch-enemy, SHIFT+TAB.
- (2020-10-27) Paari Vendhan: Its not working (tried in discourse)
- (2018-03-09) You're a hero! OK, hero, please consider making this configurable per site.
- (2017-10-13) Tom Birch Hansen: didn't work for me in Atlassian Confluence
- (2017-09-08) John Fitzpatrick: Definitely prefer this to special key combinations.
- (2016-05-05) Elvis de Freitas: Thanks a lot, please consider increase CTRL+Y and CTRL+Z, consider tab even on text select without delete it
- (2015-05-06) K Asada: はてなブログで動かない。
- (2014-10-15) Damien Clauzel: Fonctionne correctement, mais se trompe régulièrement dans la détection de l’intention de l’utilisateur.
- (2014-09-16) Eric Robishaw: Doesn't work in GMAIL
- (2014-08-08) Anthony Apparailly: OK but doesn't work in Gmail where I really need it.
- (2014-06-03) Perfect. This is just what I needed.
- (2014-05-31) Mike G: Works exactly how I wanted it to. Useful extension.
- (2019-06-03, v:1.1) Brandon Fowler: Content Editable
Please add support for content editable areas (such as Gmail), I will give your five stars if you do.
- (2017-03-09, v:1.1) Tab Grabber is causing issues in Gmail
I am having serious styling issues in Gmail where I am unable to indent or unindent after the first or second time I use it. I am using it with the following extensions, Grammarly for Chrome and Gmelius. Being able to disable this item for certain domains would be fabulous as i use this regularly in various conditions, but can't have it messing with me in Gmail.
- (2016-12-04, v:1.1) Customizable tab character
Would be great if we could configure the length of the tab, and replace it with spaces.
- (2016-05-11, v:1.1) Allow item to be deactivated based on pages
It would be great if the tab editor could be disabled on certain pages or conditions.
- (2015-10-15, v:1.1) Doesnt work
- (2014-08-08, v:1.1) Anthony Apparailly: Tab Grabber
Doesn't work with Compose in Gmail.