Refresh the Timeline automatically when there are new tweets.
Do you hate to manually refresh the Twitter page to see the newest incoming tweets? This extension does it for you using the native new tweets feature of twitter.com. Changelog: v3.0.1 hopefully fixed #newnewtwitter v3.0 first implementation for #newnewtwitter, uses automatic scrollup at the moment, sorry v2.6.4 fixed the scroll bug after Twitter changed their website v2.6.3 prevent auto-refreshing if not at the top of the page (thanks to hmemcpy, https://github.com/mthie/refresh-for-twitter/pull/1) v2.6.2 renamed app v2.6.1 removed needless jQuery for the click now v2.6 fixed a jQuery problem, removed old and needless methods v2.5 added #newnewtwitter support (thangs to @HANZUBON for the fast patch :)) v2.4.1 twitter changed tag names - fixed it v2.4 fixed HTTPS problem v2.3.1 fixed small script bug (sorry, my fault) v2.3 stability fix, works with old twitter again v2.2.1 removed needless jQuery and check for window.onload to keep it more stable v2.2 fixed script errors on suggestion page v2.1 (broken release sorry) v2.0 works with #newtwitter now v1.2 removed icon from extensions bar (not yet needed) v1.1 reduced memory consumption Bugreports: Please contact me at Twitter (http://twitter.com/mthie) or Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/mthie) because I don't get an email when you add a comment here.
- (2019-11-10) Guillaume Cadoret: does not work...
- (2019-08-01) David Hunter: Sadly not working now, it was great as well :(
- (2019-07-31) Greg Pappas: It's working for me now, after not working earlier this week.
- (2019-07-29) Valdis: Doesn't work any more after twitter UI update in July 2019.
- (2019-07-28) Aleksei Batanin: Doesn't work with new twitter
- (2019-07-17) Zach Peterson: I saw lots of recent reviews stating that this extension no longer worked as intended. However, it seems to be working just fine for me. When there are new tweets, I see the "X new tweets" message for a split second, and then it automatically displays the newest tweets in my timeline. Thank you! EDIT: As of July 16, 2019 this extension no longer works with "old twitter." I saw that devs changelog that said it was updated today to work with "new twitter." However, I haven't had the new site pushed to me yet, so I'm back to refreshing manually. If this extension starts working again for me, I'll change my rating back to 5 stars.
- (2019-07-16) Ryan Radersma: no longer works as of 7/16/2019
- (2019-04-30) Dave Wheeler: Worked great until the new twitter layout, please update this
- (2019-03-10) Игорь Буцкий: Please update to the new Twitter Design. Thanks!
- (2019-02-28) Sean White: It doesn't refresh the page. The one thing it's supposed to do.
- (2018-11-17) 林 Lin昭辰 Chao-Chen Jack YEG: Excuse me, but so I'd really like to see auto-refresh rate settings for this extension personally asap, please. Once again, thank you so much! Amen!
- (2018-10-18) Emil Atanasov: Thanks
- (2018-09-19) Jonathan Doiron: No longer working as of September 19th, 2018 on Windows 10
- (2018-09-17) Jonathan Siu: this ext still working for Chrome 69 win 8.1 (sep-2018)
- (2018-07-02) RECOURSE CONSULTING: didn't work on chrome
- (2017-12-20) Ju Na: Very Good Job!! I love this add-in!
- (2017-09-28) dude463 waze: !!!EDIT It looks like an update came out today that fixes this. Back to 5 stars. Awesome!!!! Something happened in the last week. Before if you scrolled down a bit it pause refreshing and you could explore your twitter feed. But now for some reason it keeps pushing you to the top. Very annoying and makes this worse than having to click the ## new messages alert.
- (2017-09-25) Tobias Sieber: please update again, so it doesn't get me to the top after every new tweet
- (2017-08-06) Lucky: made my twitter feed lag so bad
- (2017-07-25) Mike Reynolds: Seems to work well. If it doesn't work at first, just refresh the page a few times. I like this b/c it only updates when there is something to update.
- (2017-06-04) Dominik Kaszewski: Works. What more could you ask for?
- (2016-06-14) Bradford Bugni: Only works when I scroll the page. Get "Auto refresh for twitter" instead.
- (2016-06-09) Luke Peters: Had to restart Chrome to get it start but it works. Thanks!
- (2016-06-01) haploide allel: Used to be great; but since last update; it doesn't refresh anymore... Even when it's at the top of the page. Have to move slightly down then up, to have it "automatically" refresh... Sad sad :'(
- (2016-03-05) Dwight Stegall: I would like this extension better if it didn't jump me back to the top of the page and force me to lose my place. I just want it to load them and let me scroll up when I'm ready. Until then I'm uninstalling it.
- (2019-10-17, v:3.0.1) Liya Rin: Only refreshes when window on focus
The extension seems to be working, but not like it used to work before the Twitter rework. Before I used to be able to leave the page open on my second screen, and it would refresh while I do stuff in my main screen. Now it only refreshes when I have the window on focus, I need to click the page every so often to refresh Twitter, which isn't much different from clicking the refresh button. Kinda needs fixing
- (2019-09-13, v:3.0.1) Isaak Wong: Extension does not work with GoodTwitter extension
Thanks for the work you do! Wanted to ask if it'd be possible for this extension to work in conjunction with the GoodTwitter extension which basically makes the current Twitter layout look like what it was before the layout change. If this change could be implemented, that would be amazing!
- (2019-07-31, v:3.0.1) Mehran Givehchi: Refresh does not work
- (2019-07-28, v:3.0.1) Anthony Perez: New tweeter does not auto refresh.
Does not auto refresh.
- (2019-07-24, v:3.0.1) Rendaridra: Refreshing Twitter
Since the new Twitter layout, refresh plugin no longer works.
- (2019-07-23, v:3.0.1) Dan Warren: Stopped auto refreshing
No longer auto refreshing Twitter. Latest version doesn't fix.
- (2019-07-22, v:3.0) Clifford Rohrer: Refresh for Twitter
Extension stopped working, no longer refreshes automatically
- (2019-07-21, v:3.0) Bob Diamond: No longer works with the updated twitter.
This extension no longer works with the update twitter.
- (2019-07-21, v:3.0) Pedro Britto: not working anymore :(
stoped working 07/21/2019
- (2019-07-19, v:3.0) Wolf Baschung: Not working on new twitter
Are you planning to update the extension?