Save time and effort with Popchrom by creating your own shortcuts for text phrases! Whether it's a simple email signature or…
To transform your abbreviation place the cursor on it and hit your personal shortcut (default is 'ctrl + space'). For more information go to the extension option page and visit the help tab. New in popchrom 1.8: Download of abbreviations to Download folder. Import of download files by drop onto Text dropzone. WYSIWYG editing of abbreviation, arguments, and expansion text. Headers remain visible when tabs are scrolled. Popchrom issue reporting integrated in context menu. New variable %CLIPBOARD% available in abbreviation definitions. Several bugfixes. Improved reporting via dialog boxes. New in popchrom 1.7, 1.6: Fixes New in popchrom 1.5: Google Mail compose window compatibility. Backup capability. Abbreviations with arguments. Undo expansion with shortcut key while text is stilled marked. New in popchrom 1.4, 1.3: fix chrome 7 issue New in popchrom 1.2: fix sound bug on Chrome 5 New in popchrom 1.1: * Choose your own shortcuts for substitution * Add line breaks in Web-Editors(WYSIWYG) * memory leak fix and code refactoring Known issues: * Support all Google Docs (currently only Google Spreadsheets) * Google Wave (preview) support * Country-specific %DATE% substitution
- (2018-05-02) Danilo Venegas: Doesn't work
- (2018-03-20) Kycha: please update soon! we don't want chrome to remove it one day!
- (2018-03-07) Erwin de Raad: Perfect time saver! The extension doesn't seem to receive support anymore. Too bad!
- (2018-01-20) Jonathan Siebert: Auch bei mir ohne Funktion!
- (2018-01-19) Mirko: funktioniert leider nicht. :-(
- (2017-07-17) G. W.: Funktioniert leider nicht wie beschrieben!
- (2016-12-09) Irina Svetlowa: Hi, I am interested in acquiring your extension "Popchrom". Please contact me at: [email protected]
- (2016-09-16) Alexandru Cucer: Not working
- (2016-08-26) Mario Poscharnig: Anfangs hat es etwas gehakt, weil die Tastenkombi zum Einfügen nicht funktioniert hat, aber nach ein paar Kommentaren hab ich die Tastenkombi gelöscht und neu angelegt und es funktioniert jetzt super. At first it was a little bit tricky but after reading some postings and deleting the shortcut and re setting it, it works! Please add right click support with select option of the short cuts. because if you use a lot of shortcuts it is dificult to remember each one. Thank you very much for this app!
- (2016-05-25) Heather Noto: I loved it until it stopped working. Can't figure out how to fix it AND no sign from the developers that they are still working on this product.
- (2016-04-15) Isobel Pierce: We can help you to monetize your browser extension. ****For better users experience and higher revenue!*** *Earn average 40-50$/day from 10k users Guranteed! *Shorter payment term! High revenue share! *24/7 customer support *GEOs: All countries, the whole world *My email/skype: [email protected] *website: http://www.adonads.com?f=mon
- (2015-12-07) Ralf Zrenner: Fehlende Funktionen: Bitte mal im Webstore "Chrome Clipper" ansehen und in Popchrome einbauen (speziell das Rechtsklick-Menü und die Zuordnung von "Namen" für die Textersetzungen, denn 5 Abkürzungen merk ich mir ja noch, aber bei 20 und mehr wäre eine Auswahlbox (im Rechktsklickmenü) eine echte Hilfe.
- (2015-10-19) Kevin Leinenweaver: I use this everyday, great extension!
- (2015-09-10) Markus Windisch: One of the most valuable extensions if one uses Gmail fur business communication! You need to download the current snap-shot (version 1.9) from the developer website and run it in Chrome developer mode in order to make it work with the current version.
- (2015-08-19) Eric Ruby: it's easy!
- (2015-06-23) Oscar Lopez: For those who can't use the extension see what Decha wrote.
- (2015-05-03) Cyrus David: It doesn't work on textarea's?
- (2015-04-23) Decha Bin Yaseen: THIS IS STILL USEFUL for those who still have the issue!!! Hi everyone, I want to share this to you all. If anyone has issue where "Popchrom" is not working, try to do the following: 1. Go to Chrome extensions (Ensure popchrom is enable) 2. Under Popchrom, click "Options" 3. Under Popchrom - Options, Click "Settings" 4. At "Shortcut for text substitution", click "delete" 5. Then click "edit" and press your preferred shortcut keys such as "Ctrl + space" 6. Go to "Text" tab on top left corner 7. Click "Save" button Try to use it again and it will work for you. For developer, I hope this issue will be fixed in the future. Sharing is caring!
- (2015-03-30) Adam Lucey: Still not working after 7 months of Chrome update. I dont think these guys are developing it further. Shame was good while it lasted
- (2015-03-09) Rick Igou: Does not work on my Chrome browser, period. A real piece of crap.
- (2015-03-09) Ariel Gould: I loved this at first but now it does not work AT ALL! So disappointing.
- (2015-03-06) Does not work on Windows or MacBook
- (2015-02-16) Marc Sanz Lopez: Please online backup! + Sometimes doesn't work in Gmail.
- (2015-01-25) Stephen King: It was okay. It does not support the gmail compose windows, the standard or full screen one, it only supports the detached window (shift+Compose) version, which won't work for all of our users. I was looking to have the replacement string be able to have formatting embedded, such as: bold or italicize a certain part of the replacement string. Have not found if that is possible. Auto-replace on string detect would be preferred as other users have also noted.
- (2014-12-11) Ryan Dortmans: Shortcut doesn't work.