Terminal emulator and SSH and SFTP client.
Secure Shell is an xterm-compatible terminal emulator and stand-alone ssh client for Chrome. It uses Native-Client to connect directly to ssh servers without the need for external proxies. A SFTP command line client is included. On Chrome OS, you can create SFTP mounts and access them from the Files app! It has been well tested for a couple of years. Please read the FAQ, available here: https://goo.gl/muppJj. You can also exchange feedback in the chromium-hterm mailing list, available here: https://goo.gl/RYHiK. The changelog is available here: https://goo.gl/YnmXOs
- (2020-06-29) Jesse Hargis: This implementation is a breath of fresh air -lightweight/fast, uncluttered, and right there where I need it. When you are in and out of remote servers all day, the ability to use one program (chrome) to interact with the front AND back end is a huge click saver. Thanks and keep up the good work!
- (2020-04-10) 向渊: 不知道怎么上传下载文件
- (2020-04-03) Роман A.: Almost perfect, but.... How to set up port forwarding??? All connection strings that I used turns textbox to red color....
- (2020-03-30) 夏棉海: 非常棒的Google浏览器应用
- (2020-03-12) 爱我中华: 怎么样上传文件？
- (2020-03-11) David Cameron: I used the app for years, but made the switch to the extension last month when the app support ended. I want to say thank you for creating this. One reason why I've stuck with this is because I love having my shell in browser tabs. That said, is there some secret way to always open extension shells in tabs? I saw another review that mentioned holding CTRL when selecting the connection and that will work, but I'd love it if I could make that the default.
- (2020-03-03) Ricardo Machado: Very good, use it everydaz
- (2020-02-22) JT: This is my most used chrome extension. Tip: Hold CTRL when you click on the connection from the extension icon dropdown. This will open the terminal in a chrome tab instead of a seperate window. Then create a bookmark folder called "Terminal" and bookmark this connection in that folder. My "terminal" folder has several connections to different servers which opens as a tab for easy navigation. Request: Please allow the page to scroll when dragging on text. There is no way to select/copy long output since the page does not scroll when selecting.
- (2020-01-30) Sandeep Annamaneni: Liked it
- (2020-01-14) 陈杰: 点击 导入，就可以导入 私钥了。导入后，没找到删除的私钥的方法
- (2020-01-13) Craig Williams: As an instructor, my students are required to ssh into our AWS servers, but if we go to a secure site that does not allow ssh (blocking port 22, etc.) , then I am curious if this Chrome extension would be an option. We have used another tool "Guacamole" with good success but I think an extension might be better received.
- (2020-01-12) Alex Yang: 很好用，就是用sftp 一直没进度
- (2019-12-03) All Sad Music: I love this app, I use it on windows. but it can not support Chinese. Please fix it, thks!!
- (2019-11-23) li shulong: When deleting connection, also delete the ECDSA key in list of known hosts.
- (2019-10-30) WooJun Kim: 이 좋은 것을 이제야 알다니...
- (2019-10-23) Art Cancro: SO CLOSE to what I wanted! The one feature that would make this extension a CATEGORY KILLER would be for it to handle "ssh://<username>:<password>@<host>" URLs directly in the browser. Then we would able to put SSH hosts in our bookmarks.
- (2019-08-14) Amir Fayazi: Overall does the job but with a few regression vs. the previous version (hterm). Previously if the network was disconnected, it would let me reconnect within the shell window whereas now I need to close the window and open it again. Second, there seems to be a bug where it starts using max CPU while it's disconnected from the host machine.
- (2019-08-13) Mike Patel: poor quality
- (2019-08-01) huyen nguyen: good
- (2019-07-10) Árpád Csepi: Simple and smart extension. I love it! 😍
- (2019-06-07) Вова Петров: ВИРУСНЯ однозначно((( Соединение не защищено в хроме((
- (2019-06-02) Royal Chan: 太棒了~很方便~
- (2019-05-14) Joshua Yost: This tool is simply awesome. I'd love to have some more options to configure it like the ability to send keep alive packets to a session. Overall this does exactly what you want in a lightweight browser extension.
- (2019-05-11) Jinhyuk Jeon: bbb
- (2019-04-16) Shuyang An: I used to use app version on chromebook, and it could easily mount the remote directory to local, however this seems not possible with the extension version on windows, right? There indeed is a sftp button, but after connection have no idea how to use it, just 'ls' works?
4.4 (125 votes)
Last update / version
2020-05-21 / 0.32