The Alpheios Reading Tools add support for reading texts in Ancient Greek, Latin, Classical Arabic and Persian.
The Alpheios Reading Tools provide resources for reading and learning classical languages. You can use them with any web page with Ancient Greek, Latin, Classical Arabic or Persian text. They provide morphological information, short definitions, lexicons, grammars and inflection tables which aid in the reading and study of these texts and languages.
- (2021-01-07) Константин Колесняк: Perfect!
- (2020-10-16) Francisco Alonso: I just made a test and it worked perfectly. Great extension.
- (2019-01-31) Ryan Mease: I did a quick test of this extension using my access to the Loeb Classical Library, where it makes a good service even better. As of this writing (January 31, 2019), the script seems to play well with the Loeb texts. If I am not mistaken, it even has the ability to smartly recognize which language is present on the page. I looked at some Latin text and it translated from Latin. I switched to a Greek work and it was suddenly pulling from Greek.
- (2020-08-21, v:3.3.0) Isaac Siefker: Problem
Even when I activate Alpheios, nothing shows up. I talked to friend who is also experiencing the same problem, just recently, it is like it won't turn on, even when the red box appears that says 'on.'
- (2019-04-26, v:18.104.22.168) David Rudmin: Where can I get your Latin wordslist?
Is it possible for me to get access to your dataset/database of Latin words? I want to scrape it, and turn it into a JSON file, then use that to develop my own Latin-text-analyzer, similar to your "Poetry Prototype". If successful, mine would be way more interactive and colorful than yours. It would also have its own style of linear Tree-banking, according to the reader's flow of consciousness, not hierarchically top-down (as yours is). Thanks for being open source!