Allows you to watch videos and read comments at the same time on Youtube.
Chrome Extension to watch and read comments at the same time on Youtube. Features a draggable divider to resize the player and the sidebar. Source code available: https://github.com/tberghuis/watch-and-read-comments-for-youtube
- (2019-11-08) Jerenee Charles: I enjoy being able to read the comments while watching a video. This has completely transformed my YouTube viewing experience.
- (2019-08-16) Jeong-hun Sin: Finally! Thank you for the extension. I have been so annoyed by YouTube's layout. Today's screens are very wide and have little vertical space. But stupid YouTube's layout makes it impossible to read comments or the description while watching the video. I had submitted a suggestion to YouTube so that users could place comments on the right, just like Android version of YouTube on a landscape tablet, but no changes. I had searched for an extension for this, but the only one I could find was SuperYouTube, but it required access to ALL websites I visit. I asked the developer to limit the access to YouTube, but there was no reply. That is suspicious.... This extension does the same thing and requires access to only YouTube. Exactly what I needed.
- (2019-08-07) Angel Vazquez: Excellent extension for reading the comments and the video at the same time
- (2019-07-03) Derp Derpington: This extension is amazing, however I had a problem when accidentally resizing the video too big and couldn't reach the resize bar. Can you add an option somewhere to reset to default size? Thank you and I will add the 5th star if this is implemented because it should have been added originally. *edit* I changed it to 5 star because the dev will be fixing the problem and they actually respond which is getting pretty rare. Again this is amazing and would recommend everyone to use this extension.
- (2019-06-08) Gersivan Oliveira: Faz o que promete. Deve em boniteza.
- (2019-06-08) KAIstudio: i hate it when you have to scroll down to see the CDaRV (CDaRV = Comments Description and Related Videos) because i wanna look at the video at the same time! but with this GCE (GCE = Google Chrome Extension) i can look at the video AND the CDaRV at the same time!! plus i really like the design of the GCE. thx!
- (2019-06-02) Minho Gmbit: ahí alguna forma de empezar en la pestaña de vídeos relacionados, seria de gran ayuda
- (2019-02-24) Alex Lo: Exactly what i need!
- (2018-12-18) Marie Berghuis: It is extremely handy for me as I do a lot of learning on youtube & the demonstrators often leave out important steps in a project, so with the extension added, I can view what other reviewers have said at the same time & still see the video. There's always someone with expertise on the video who offers hints in their reviews. Also I often copy different parts of the video, as a reminder of how to do something. With this extension I can make the video smaller, so it's easier to copy just a small part of the video. Very handy! Thks for sharing!
- (2019-09-18, v:0.0.8) Rainbow Warrior Princess: 2 BUGS: Upload date is missing and sometimes comments are not shown
1. The video upload date is missing in the description tab. 2. Sometimes the comments are not shown in the comments tab, after reloading the video page they are there.
- (2019-09-06, v:0.0.8) Jeong-hun Sin: Problem with the Cinema mode
The four buttons stay on top, and the video's size remains the same in Cinema mode. Probably in Cinema mode, the layout should be reverted back to the original state. That is putting the comment on the right should only work in the normal mode.
- (2019-08-23, v:0.0.8) Jeong-hun Sin: Vertical videos are clipped.
For example, watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7kUbSRRx10 The video is big and the bottom of the video is clipped and invisible. It seems that the video is resized to fill the left pane horizontally. If the height of the video is longer than its width, the video should be resized to fill the left pane vertically.
- (2019-08-16, v:0.0.8) Jeong-hun Sin: Method to "refresh" comments
In a "hot" video (at the moment, a lot of people are watching it and writing comments), the comments are constantly updated. But YouTube has no official method of "refreshing" the comment section. As a workaround, I have been changing "Sort By" two times (switching to the other mode and then swiching back to the original mode) to refresh the comments. Or sometimes I just reload the whole page. That is awkward. How about when currently reading comments (the comments button is pink), pressing the comment button (currently does nothing) refreshes the comments?
- (2019-08-16, v:0.0.8) Jeong-hun Sin: If possible, how about a toggle for the top bar?
IThe thick top bar takes a lot of vertical space, and has only a few useful things. The only thing I use often is the search far and the YouTube logo (as a "Go to home" button). Currently, with this extension, the left side has only the video and has a big empty white space below. How about adding a toggle button that shows the home button and search field on the left side and hide the top bar? When users need additional features (that they rarely use), they could toggle the button to show the original top bar. Or moving the top bar inside of the left side could be better, but I thought that would be more difficult to implement.