Takes any text post and reformats it to a pleasant to read format.
readReddit adds a pleasant and clutter free reading mode for reddit text posts and comments. I greatly enjoy reading stories that are posted on subreddits like /r/WritingPrompts and /r/HFY. What I like less is reading these stories on my computer. Both old and new reddit put too much clutter around text and the formatting itself always feels less than ideal for long pieces of text. A while ago I had a realization "I can fix this!", which is what I promptly set out to do. I started out with a bit of custom css, then I realized I could do better with some scripting. That sort of spiraled out of control and before I knew it I had made it in a full blown browser extension. The extension takes text posts or each top level comment and transforms the text from the cluttered reddit format into a nice clutter free and better formatted overlay (see the screenshots). It is even somewhat "smart" about how it grabs the text, so when you encounter one of those authors who needed to continue in the comments it will also include the text from those comments!
- (2019-08-29) Chris W (CherryLax): Simple, Smart, Brilliant
- (2019-04-28) Nishkam Khanna: This is Amazing! It works as expected and I have not encountered any bugs since downloading it. It is a great way to read long posts on reddit without the distracting sidebars and stuff. I would totally recommend this
- (2019-02-17) Josch: Thank you for making this!
- (2019-01-16) Carlo: Works as advertised
- (2019-01-10) Jeremiah Paltridge: Does exactly what it says it will. No fuss, no bugs.
- (2019-07-19, v:0.13) J B (JasonB42): Support for older posts
First off, thank you for making this. Love this tool! Just thought I'd let you know that it isn't showing up for me on this post: https://www.reddit.com/user/ThreeDucksInAManSuit/comments/aeoygg/ultimagus_chapter_four/ Thanks again!