A Chrome extension for recording browser interaction and generating Puppeteer scripts
Puppeteer recorder is a Chrome extension that records your browser interactions and generates a Puppeteer script. Writing Puppeteer scripts for scraping, testing and monitoring can be tricky. A recorder / code generator can be helpful. This extension has the following features: - Record clicks, input events etc. - Record screenshots. - Pause the recording when navigating. - Monitor recorded events. - Export to Puppeteer code. - Tweak the settings of the generated code. Usage: - Click the icon and hit Record. - Hit TAB after you finish typing in an input element. - Click links, inputs and other elements. - Wait for full page load on each navigation. - Click Pause when you want to navigate without recording anything. Hit Resume to continue recording. This extension is actively developed. More events and actions will be added in later versions. check https://checklyhq.com/puppeteer-recorder/
- (2020-03-01) Yang Long: it is very good！
- (2020-02-20) Sathya Prakash Moparthi: This just cut 2/3rds of the time that I spend on writing puppeteer use-cases.
- (2020-02-12) Kristofer Källsbo: Saves a lot of time but is inconsistent. Recording the same filling of a form several times once I got the page.type as well the other 5 times I only got the page.click for the each field.
- (2020-01-17) we srmn bnvm vbn m: Incredibly useful
- (2019-05-20) Алексей Щербаков: не хватает записи действий отличных от кликов
- (2019-01-24) Very useful chrome extension, this is how you get new customers! Anyway, some feedback: - Add a semicolon at end of lines (WebStorm complains about it) - Option to clear cookies before running a test (right now I have another extension for it) - Ability to wrap it inside a test case. Right click on elements and insert assert statements (I think casperjs recorder does this) Still these are just some good-to-have features. The extension is very useful as it is now!
- (2019-01-23) Lucas Gouvêa: Save a lot of time writing puppeteer automation tests! Try it =D
- (2018-11-09) Kavya Ankem: When I tried to execute the code generated by the recorder and take a screenshot the code threw errors like unhandledpromiserejectionwarning. What's the point of correcting the code generated by the recorder and me writing the code again to make it work.
- (2018-11-01) Peter Carr: Amazing; thank you for putting together such an awesome extension.
- (2018-10-18) Brett Cooper: Very useful in working out how to operate puppeteer.
- (2018-09-19) Nicolás Alurralde: HOLY SMOKES, I'm loving it!. It's simple, precise and does it's job. If you already know how to use Puppeteer, this is ultra time saving. I'm hoping they continue with more updates as I'd love to see some element verification options (text, urls, titles), etc. Keep up the good work.
- (2018-08-29) olivier: ok pour enregistrer, mais je n'ai pas trouvé comment rejouer le script, ce n'est indiqué nul part
- (2018-08-21) Gijo Varghese: Just started using it and its quite awesome! A wonderful extension from Checkly!
- (2018-08-17) Google I/O 2019: E2Eのテストに最適！Vue推しなのがわかりみが深い
- (2019-04-10, v:0.5.1) Manoj Karmakar: Type methods are not recording
Type methods are not recording and also double click to focus the elements is also not working. Please help me
- (2019-02-13, v:0.5.1) Harith Rathish: Recording actions on a chrome extension
The application i want to record is a chrome-extension. But puppeteer recorded shows no script after hitting record, and doing the actions. Is extension support an upcoming feature?
- (2018-08-31, v:0.2.1) Boris Janvier: is he able to follow new tab
The application I tested open new tab when you clic on links. Is puppeteer recorder able to record what happen on the new tabs?
- (2018-08-29, v:0.2.1) Stéphane Poulin: How Can I replay ?
Nice to record everything.. but how can I replay scripts ? Putting it in the chrome console do not work.
- (2018-08-17, v:0.1.0) Iframe inputs
Hello, I love your extension but it doesn't work for inputs in an iframe.