Monitor and test Internet connectivity. Detect when Internet doesn't work over operating Wi-Fi or Ethernet
FEATURES • Precise connectivity test • Detect when Internet doesn't work over operating Wi-Fi or Ethernet • Play sound when connection goes online or offline • Access and export events log • Availability stats • Retina-ready icon sets with Chrome dark themes support • RAM-friendly NEW IN VERSION 3.3.0 • Dark theme FAQ (extended version – https://icm.dmitriyscherbina.com/#faq) Q: Where is the extension icon? A: A recent Chrome update changed how extensions are displayed. You need to click on the puzzle icon to the right of the address bar and then pin Internet Connection Monitor Q: What exactly can be monitored? A: The extension monitors the Internet connection and reports 3 statuses: • Online: Wi-Fi/Ethernet connection is stable, Internet connected • Connection issues: Wi-Fi/Ethernet connection is stable, no Internet - most likely, provider issue • Offline: Wi-Fi/Ethernet is down, no Internet Q: How does the extension test the connectivity? A: The extension uses a combination of Chrome internal API and pinging Google servers via https (port 443). It does not expose any open ports or something else that could compromise user's security Q: What is the testing interval? A: Every 3 seconds Q: Does this extension have access to my browsing history, etc? A: It does NOT. Moreover, it does not require any special access at all (you can notice that some other extensions ask you to give them some permissions during the installation process) Q: Can this extension measure Internet speed? A: It cannot. Please, use Speedtest by Ookla (https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/speedtest-by-ookla/pgjjikdiikihdfpoppgaidccahalehjh?hl=en) Q: Will it work if Chrome is closed? A: Not, it will not. You need to have a Chrome window open to track your connection log. It's relatively easy to add Chrome to autostart on Windows, Mac or Linux Icons by flaticon.com
- (2021-07-31) Dave Walwark: Helpful.
- (2021-07-30) Carlos W. Mercado: I think I'm in love (time will say).
- (2021-07-20) Nirmal shah: Nice thing developer, Just Need more Details like if Wi-Fi goes off and I connect with my mobile data , I would not be able to track the connectivity of my Wi-Fi (only). That is a must add on feature into this extension. Thank You.
- (2021-07-08) Rıdvan Altun: Works well, can you make it open source and share on GitHub? I want to fork it and add some extra features on it.
- (2021-06-24) Zulkiers: I couldn't figure out how to change what the icon looks like, but it showed me exactly what I felt was happening. Now I can have a log explaining the issues my computer/internet is having. Hopefully with the log as evidence the internet service provider (ISP) will fix it so that my internet will stable like it used to be.
- (2021-06-19) Smita Jha: It was really helpful to prove to my Internet Service Provider that while the speed on my internet was fine there were clearly multiple disconnects in an hour over the course of weeks. So Thank You for a very useful app.
- (2021-06-16) Gregor Redinger: accurate and doesn't require any special permissions, very good!
- (2021-06-04) Affan Ahmad: Historic logs are not available I have not synced it gmail id. Do in need to ? Cant login gmail.....it's for diiferent purpose
- (2021-05-29) Rio Wong: Kindly send a notification to win10 as an eye catcher for my using this extension in a silent environment. Besides, the duplicated Internet disconnection log could be merged as one item intelligently.
- (2021-05-20) Deke W: No extension icon once installed so pretty useless for me as cannot get to the info
- (2021-05-05) Lucas LL: Excelent extension. Very useful to mesure the performance at home. I would just suggest to add a direct button to reset the parameters
- (2021-04-03) Andy Peterson: Great extension to monitor my network and gather information to send to my provider to help troubleshoot.
- (2021-03-24) Patrick McCormick: Installs and then the small icon disappears and there is no way to get it to reappear. I had to reinstall it and quickly right-click the icon before it disappeared in order to "pin" it. Why would you do this? What a waste of time for a dumb bug.
- (2021-02-09) Pål Næverlid Sævik: This is a fantastic tool. Simple, reliable, useful. Kudos to the developer.
- (2021-02-04) Anderson Silva: Hello Dmitriy, I would like to know how to change the time zone, my zone here is GMT -3. Thanks and good job my friend.
- (2021-02-02) Lokeshwaran KP: This extension Gives notification only when the internet connection comes back. can I get notification for latency also, For example, If the Latency Value comes between 10ms to 70ms. I want a notification, Can I get it
- (2021-01-19) Steve Schwartz: Exactly what I was looking for - very much appreciated!
- (2020-12-21) Reuban White: When trying to troubleshoot my internet / wifi issues, this was extremely useful. I was able to find out that the wifi was not disconnecting, although the internet was regularly dropping out. The internet connection was actually still there from the router, so this helped me determine the wireless signal strength was what was intermittently dropping out (while the wifi connection persisted). An invaluable tool in my problem solving.
- (2020-12-15) pol newman: fake
- (2020-12-14) Gil Zachodin: Got a new PC and noticed my internet connection was dropping every few minutes for a few seconds. I wanted to check the exact frequency and this extension does just that. No complaints.
- (2020-12-10) Simon Netter: great!
- (2020-11-11) Felipe De reza: fdereza30 @gmail.com
- (2020-11-06) Paul Chirakadavil: A very useful tool to keep the ISP in check ,just show the log and all their excuses vanishes into thin air
- (2020-10-21) Navin S: Fantastic little tool that just works! Thanks a ton.
- (2020-09-24) Graham Puddifoot: The beauty of this is its simplicity. Go elsewhere if you want speed reports, but this will accurately tell you how many times and when you lost connectivity. Note that if you close Chrome, it won't be running, so the next time you open ICM, it's report will look as if you were connected the whole time. However, if Chrome is running, even if your PC goes to sleep it will report dropouts. Excellent.
- (2020-09-22) Pyrate LV: Great little add-on. I can easily look over at my 2nd monitor if I think Im having connection issues. Would be nice if it showed DL speeds , but Its a great help anyway. I really like that it now has an Internet connection log that I can save as a .pdf
- (2020-08-01) Nathan Schiele: Works amazingly well, and the log is super useful for complaining to my ISP. It's great that I can show them a log of all the times their service has dropped.
- (2020-07-30) john toth: I love this, I wish we could be diff sounds but this works great!
- (2020-07-23) Eugen Takács: Hi, works as it describes, super extension. Thank you for your work! I would like to ask, how could I change the sound notification to an another sound/alarm (or make it longer, repeated)? I many times doesn't hear it and therefor it could be easily missed in case of someone watching movie, or listening music, or you're simply in a little bit loader, not silence environment. Thanks!
- (2020-07-17) Let's Hear Twins Sing: This has been so helpful. I have a new broadband connection and there has been very frequent internet downtimes. Using this Chrome extension I was able to have a complete log of when and how long each downtime occurred and the log serves as a good piece of evidence to my ISP.
- (2020-07-16) Маркіян Ленець: Супер. Те що я і шукав.
- (2020-07-01) Mahmood Dehghan: Works perfectly.
- (2020-03-10) John Owens: Simple yet very useful extension.
- (2020-03-08) Kevin G: Make sure to look at the responses to the reviews by the developers. Memory leaks, lack of a log showing time/dates, these are things of the past. Great extension. All I want to know are the times when my Internet is cutting out. However I downloaded like 4 other applications to monitor this, all of which were totally overkill for my purposes and way beyond my tech ability (and I'm definitely above-average computer literate). This simple extension is great! Just what I was looking for! Thanks dev!
- (2019-08-10) Claude Cote: Works as advertised. Excellent when we connect and disconnect frequently. Only default: there is not any options to change the sounds. This would be very appreciated.
- (2019-08-06) Manuel Alejandro Bouza Lavoy: Excelente extensión, efectiva y sensilla, de solo mirar su icono puedo saber si estoy conectado o no. Gracias.
- (2019-07-26) Ruben Carlo Martinez: excellent extension!!! very helpful!!! good job!!
- (2019-03-04) For me, it is kind of useless. If you can't tell that your internet is not working, then you don't have a problem anyway. It's simple, if you can surf the internet, you have an internet connection. If you can't, then you don't. Besides we already have warnings that we don't have connection. Either via our OS, browser and or icons at the top of your phone or at the bottom of your computer. I don't see the point in this program. It doesn't log any info or track when the connection is lost or how many times the connection is broken. So it's just another little icon that tells you what you already know.
- (2019-02-21) Ruchit Jangid: Can you also show speed of the internet consumption...
- (2019-01-19) Vipul Priyadarshi: Works pretty well .thanks dev :)
- (2018-09-11) Kaizo: Very accurate. It really just showed me how crappy the people working on the Australian NBN are. At least I know when my WiFi isn't working. Good job.
- (2018-06-19) Yaroslav Tymchyshyn: Inform when internet are coming back. Very great! Thank you!
- (2018-05-19) Markus: I was expecting that this would log the time offline/online. I am not sure what the purpose of showing when I am offline, every browser, etc., will do that.
- (2017-10-03) dirk sluyter: was goed
- (2017-04-25) Joe Hettinger: This is a great little tool. It would be nice if it logged the date and time for the outages that it detected.
- (2017-03-28) Antonio Ribalaygua: Estaba teniendo cortes con mi proveedor y de esta forma me entero exactamente de cuando se desconecta y vuelve a conectarse con un sonido. Me está funcionando perfectamente. Echo de menos que genere algún log.
- (2017-02-05) Gladio Rocks: Very clean and helpful extension. Thanks!
- (2016-10-29) Mr. MGTOW: Works fine, but you must disable internet and extension for 1st time to get it work
- (2016-10-19) Aqib Aziz: Works fine, but you have to disable internet and extension for 1st time to get it work. But most people think it's crap because it doesn't start working just after installation.
- (2016-05-10) Simon Gomes: No sirve de nada
- (2021-07-31, v:3.3.0) Steve J: Troubleshooting
Hi, first of all, thank you for a really great app! I couldn't find another like it! I'm having frequent random simultaneous drop outs on all my devices, wired and unwired, and used this to confirm that to my ISP. My log shows lots of errors, I see both "No internet connection" and "No internet connection. Wi-Fi/Ethernet OK". Each drop out affects everything and lasts approx one minute, multiple times daily. I know that my devices are remaining connected to the router. So I could draw the conclusion my connection is faulty. However, the ISP claim the router log which they access remotely, indicates uninterrupted uptime and normal download speed for several days. How can this be the case? How is your app getting a different (and I would say, more accurate) result than the router / ISP log? I need to be able to challenge their data. BTW I'm in the UK:) Thanks:)
- (2021-06-25, v:3.3.0) Mike Appell: Show downtime after connectivity resumes
Another small UX idea: instead of just showing 'Online' in the connection log after a period of downtime, it would be handy to also include the length of the downtime, rather than having the user need to eyeball the log entries and calculate it for themselves.
- (2021-06-24, v:3.3.0) Mike Appell: Option to open extension popover on disconnect
Hey there Dmitriy, really incredibly useful little extension, thanks a ton for creating it 👏 I saw that there's an option to play a sound when the connection goes on- or offline; I was wondering whether you would consider an option to alternately open the extension's popover on connection change. I tend to leave my sounds muted, and so a visual signal like that would be a lot more helpful for me. Thanks!
- (2021-06-24, v:3.3.0) Zulkiers: another listed this as well: Auto clear results that are X days old or older
^^^ this would be a very useful feature, to prevent lag and save paper when printing also how do you update it when it has updates? is that automatic or not? I saw an old post saying that dark mode was coming for this extension but when I checked it I didn't see any dark mode option, a little help to where that is located?
- (2021-05-16, v:3.3.0) Paul Kassal: Suggested feature: Configurable to automatically delete log entries older than X days
This extension has been very useful and I've been using it for a long time now. I've noticed that when the connection log gets very log, it becomes very laggy to view the log or even to pull up the statistics. If I clear the log, things are snappy again. Usually I only care about recent history, so if I could set it to automatically get rid of the older entries that would keep it working smoothly.
- (2021-05-13, v:3.3.0) Tom Heruska: Constant Disconnects - Ideas?
Hey there. I love your internet connection monitor. We've been having dropoffs from our ISP and I needed a way to log when it happened. Now I'm seeing something unusual. My desktop is disconnecting every few minutes now as shown in the log below. It's connected via an ethernet LAN port. However, I have a laptop sitting next to the desktop using Wifi. It's running the internet connection monitor and it hasn't shown any disconnects. So one computer is showing lots of disconnects while another computer on the same network is showing zero. Do you have any suggestions for why this could be happening? Could it be an issue with the ethernet adapter? It's driving me crazy so I appreciate any feedback you can provide. Thanks, Tom Date and time Status 05/13/2021 2:16:23 PM Online 05/13/2021 2:16:10 PM No internet connection. Wi-Fi/Ethernet OK 05/13/2021 2:13:35 PM Online 05/13/2021 2:13:34 PM No internet connection. Wi-Fi/Ethernet OK 05/13/2021 2:12:42 PM Online 05/13/2021 2:12:34 PM No internet connection. Wi-Fi/Ethernet OK 05/13/2021 2:12:18 PM Online 05/13/2021 2:12:10 PM No internet connection. Wi-Fi/Ethernet OK 05/13/2021 2:10:35 PM Online 05/13/2021 2:10:22 PM No internet connection. Wi-Fi/Ethernet OK 05/13/2021 2:06:59 PM Online 05/13/2021 2:06:46 PM No internet connection. Wi-Fi/Ethernet OK 05/13/2021 2:05:35 PM Online 05/13/2021 2:05:25 PM No internet connection. Wi-Fi/Ethernet OK 05/13/2021 2:05:06 PM Online 05/13/2021 2:04:52 PM No internet connection. Wi-Fi/Ethernet OK 05/13/2021 2:04:05 PM Online 05/13/2021 2:03:58 PM No internet connection. Wi-Fi/Ethernet OK 05/13/2021 2:03:02 PM Online 05/13/2021 2:02:49 PM No internet connection. Wi-Fi/Ethernet OK 05/13/2021 2:02:17 PM Online 05/13/2021 2:02:16 PM No internet connection. Wi-Fi/Ethernet OK 05/13/2021 2:01:46 PM Online 05/13/2021 2:01:40 PM No internet connection. Wi-Fi/Ethernet OK
- (2021-03-04, v:3.3.0) Olav Olsen: Testing method and latency
Hi Is connection tested by ICMP ? What are the latency settings as I am on a satellite connection going up to 1500 msec sometimes more ?
- (2021-02-10, v:3.2.0) Patrick Fenton: Will it work if Chrome is closed? Yes!
On your FAQ page you say that it will not work if Chrome is closed. Well Chrome has an option that is on by default that says "Let Google Chrome run in the background". If this is left on, then your Internet Connection Monitor will continue to work when Chrome is closed.
- (2021-02-05, v:3.2.0) Mayur Kukadiya: How can you detect internet connection without any xhr request or any websocket ?
- (2021-02-02, v:3.2.0) Jeff Santman: Pre-warning
First, thanks you for this... it is exactly what I was looking for to track down an ongoing issue. Now that I can tell if the network drops I see are coming from my Internet connection or VPN (and they are all Internet) the next question is, is there anyway to tell that a drop is coming... like an increase in latency, etc. Even if I had only a few seconds warning, it would help by letting me save or close apps, etc., that are directly affected by the connection dropping. Thanks in advance for any information you can provide... and thanks again for creating this!
- (2021-02-02, v:3.2.0) Lokeshwaran KP: Requesting Notification for latency
his extension Gives notification only when the internet connection gets disconnected or comes back. can I get notification for latency also, For example, If the Latency Value comes between 10ms to 70ms. I want a notification, Can I get it
- (2021-02-01, v:3.2.0) Petar Petrovski: Dark Mode
Will there be a dark mode option for this extension? Thanks, btw awesome job Dmitriy!!
- (2021-01-29, v:3.2.0) David Rohde: Will this work if the computer is in sleep mode?
Possibly a really dumb question. Will this work if the computer is in sleep mode?
- (2021-01-25, v:3.2.0) Sandeep Apte: No internet connection. Wi-Fi/Ethernet OK
What does this message mean on the connection log ? "No internet connection. Wi-Fi/Ethernet OK" How is it different from " No internet connection" ?
- (2021-01-21, v:3.2.0) Ar Sa: Hello - what is the way to reset the counter?
Hello - what is the way to reset the counters?
- (2021-01-20, v:3.2.0) Dinesh Koticha: Internet connection log
Will it log for incognito mode of the browser?
- (2021-01-13, v:3.2.0) Tristram Reeve: testing interval
Hi, is it possible to change/reduce the testing interval? many thanks
- (2021-01-07, v:3.2.0) Michael Dunn: Does the extension ping a specific URL or IP address?
- (2020-11-29, v:3.2.0) Arthur Dent: Testing speed
The testing frequency of 3 seconds is too slow for my needs, I am intermittently losing connection with SyncPlay while my friend watching the same video has no problems, need to identify if it’s my networks losing connection.....can this interval be configured , or can you make it configurable please thanks
- (2020-11-19, v:3.2.0) Rafael Rodriguez M.: Question
How can I check the results of being added this to google chrome?
- (2020-11-17, v:3.2.0) Andrew Dexter: Dark mode?
Any chance we can get a dark mode?
- (2020-11-13, v:3.2.0) Sanmeet Bhullar: Too many rapid and random connect/disconnect.
My internet is absolutely stable but for some reason the extension is acting up today with faulty connects and disconnects which are rapid and random. This never happened before but today. Is there some update or is this a new known bug ? Please respond as my office work is getting affected. Thank you.
- (2020-11-12, v:3.2.0) Kevin Boutelle: Privacy & Security Policy
Can you provide a link to your privacy and security policy? Specifically referencing any data collection and/or analysis that you or anyone that has access to your data is performing. Thanks.
- (2020-11-01, v:3.2.0) Tim Hewison: Reset Button
Great extension! Would be even better if it had a button to reset the stats - e.g. when moving laptop, changing network and would help assess possible Wifi interference
- (2020-10-31, v:3.2.0) Cole Tyson: View a status Log
I cant seam to find how I can view a status log on when my internet is up or down. I used to be able to click on the Icon and view a log, but now I'm not able to see that option. Any insight on how I can do this would be great!
- (2020-10-15, v:3.1.1) Phil Y: Internet connection vs VPN
the extension seems to work fine most of the time, however: if I connect to my company server via VPN, it shows "Wi-Fi/Ethernet connection is stable, no Internet", even though the browser (Chrome or any other) can still connect to the internet.
- (2020-09-22, v:3.1.1) Rajendra Kumar: Will the Internet Connection Monitor stop when I close the Chrome Browser window?
I need to monitor during working hours. However, my Chrome browser is not open all the time. I open it when I need to. Will the Internet Connection Monitor stop when I close the Chrome Browser window?
- (2020-09-10, v:3.1.1) GIRISH GALGALI: Excellent Tool
This extension is indeed excellent tool. ISP must be cursing for developing this.
- (2020-09-04, v:3.1.1) Paul Kleeberg: When is it running?
Does it only run when a chrome window is open. Will it run in the background after starting and quitting chrome? Is there a way to have it autostart when the computer boots without login? with login? I will say again, this is a great little tool! Thanks
- (2020-09-04, v:3.1.1) Paul Kleeberg: Export to CSV.
As I said before, I will say again this extension has been a godsend for me. I am continuing to have problems with my internet modem rebooting and having the ability to record the exact time and duration has been very helpful. I have a suggestion: when I export to CSV, the status column is truncated. Is there a way to be able to expand it so that the entire status text is included? My solution was to copy all and paste it into a document and that allowed me to edit and print out the Internet interruptions. Saving the entire PDF of three months of interruptions some of which only lasted seconds created too long a document to display to them. By exporting, it I was able to trim it down to the time it was disconnected, remove all the repeated notifications of no Internet connection and then show the time it actually came back online. Exporting it as a CSV would be more convenient. Thanks for continuing to maintain this.
- (2020-08-31, v:3.1.1) GIRISH GALGALI: Connectivity Log
Thanks Dmitriy for your reply. This extension is no doubt very helpful for raising the interruption issue with ISP. I have are two laptops, working simultaneously. One shows no interruption, while other shows, that " Wi-Fi/Ethernet connected, internet disconnected" during the same time period. The log where it did not show interruption: (Ethernet Connection) Online for 0:17:50 Disconnects in 24h: 4 Total disconnects: 164 08/31/2020 6:59:52 PM Online 08/31/2020 6:45:28 PM No internet connection (During this time this Laptop went to sleep). 08/31/2020 12:10:23 PM Online 08/31/2020 12:09:44 PM No internet connection. Wi-Fi/Ethernet OK 08/31/2020 12:09:29 PM No internet connection 08/31/2020 12:09:29 PM No internet connection. Wi-Fi/Ethernet OK Log where it showed interruption in the same time period: Date and time Status 08/31/2020 6:17:15 PM Online 08/31/2020 6:17:13 PM No internet connection. Wi-Fi/Ethernet OK 08/31/2020 6:17:06 PM Online 08/31/2020 6:17:01 PM No internet connection. Wi-Fi/Ethernet OK 08/31/2020 6:16:25 PM Online 08/31/2020 6:16:22 PM No internet connection. Wi-Fi/Ethernet OK 08/31/2020 6:09:13 PM Online 08/31/2020 6:09:04 PM No internet connection. Wi-Fi/Ethernet OK 08/31/2020 6:05:55 PM Online 08/31/2020 6:05:55 PM No internet connection. Wi-Fi/Ethernet OK 08/31/2020 6:04:49 PM Online 08/31/2020 6:04:46 PM No internet connection. Wi-Fi/Ethernet OK 08/31/2020 6:03:46 PM Online 08/31/2020 6:03:44 PM No internet connection 08/31/2020 6:02:46 PM Online 08/31/2020 6:02:45 PM No internet connection 08/31/2020 6:02:20 PM Online 08/31/2020 6:02:17 PM No internet connection 08/31/2020 6:01:56 PM Online 08/31/2020 6:01:53 PM No internet connection 08/31/2020 6:01:42 PM Online 08/31/2020 6:01:40 PM No internet connection 08/31/2020 6:01:40 PM No internet connection. Wi-Fi/Ethernet OK 08/31/2020 6:01:37 PM No internet connection 08/31/2020 6:01:37 PM No internet connection. Wi-Fi/Ethernet OK 08/31/2020 6:01:37 PM No internet connection 08/31/2020 6:01:34 PM No internet connection. Wi-Fi/Ethernet OK 08/31/2020 5:59:46 PM Online 08/31/2020 5:59:46 PM No internet connection. Wi-Fi/Ethernet OK If you need any further data please let me know. I will be happy to share with you., so that we are able to get best of this extension.
- (2020-08-27, v:3.0.0) GIRISH GALGALI: Frequent short duration of interruptions logged.
There are frequent very short duration interruption logged. 08/27/2020 8:12:27 PM Online 08/27/2020 8:12:12 PM No internet connection. Wi-Fi/Ethernet OK 08/27/2020 8:12:11 PM No internet connection 08/27/2020 8:12:09 PM No internet connection. Wi-Fi/Ethernet OK 08/27/2020 8:12:06 PM No internet connection 08/27/2020 8:11:51 PM No internet connection. Wi-Fi/Ethernet OK. My connection is ethernet cable connection between router and Laptop. The connection cannot be so unstable. Will you be able check is there any bug in the program or something else like hardware, wire etc. The router is Belkin N600.
- (2020-08-23, v:2.4.0) Beck Cassity: exporting logs to custom location
Hello! I am trying to change the configurations to automatically upload the logs to a google drive. How might i go about this?
- (2020-08-16, v:2.3.1) Nelson Pardee: No way to run/access it
Installed on both Opera and Chrome. The icon doesn't show in the extension bar in either. Under extensions, it shows as installed and enabled.
- (2020-08-15, v:2.3.1) Pierre Cao: Log file format
Is there a way to log Date-Time in yyyy-mm-dd hh;mm:ss format ? In the dropdown menu, Options (Settings) id greyed out. Export in csv format would be nice too. Thanks
- (2020-08-13, v:2.3.1) David Hayden: Error messages ?
My log shows lots of errors, I see both "No internet connection" and "No internet connection. Wi-Fi/Ethernet OK" What is the difference ? My PC is connected to router via an Ethernet Powerline Adapter Trying to work out if its my Powerline Adapter my router or an issue with my ISP
- (2020-08-02, v:2.3.1) Les Turner: Use in Google Chrome for Windows 10
I've used ICM in Windows 7 previously it it was exactly what I needed, but I can't get ICM to run in Chrome for Windows 10. The Developer mode console page has this error: "A cookie associated with a cross-site resource at http://google.com/ was set without the `SameSite` attribute. It has been blocked, as Chrome now only delivers cookies with cross-site requests if they are set with `SameSite=None` and `Secure`. You can review cookies in developer tools under Application>Storage>Cookies and see more details at https://www.chromestatus.com/feature/5088147346030592 and https://www.chromestatus.com/feature/5633521622188032." Please help. Thank you. Les
- (2020-07-23, v:2.3.1) Eugen Takács: Sound notification
Hi, works as it describes, super extension. Thank you for your work! I would like to ask, how could I change the sound notification to an another sound/alarm (or make it longer, repeated)? I many times doesn't hear it and therefor it could be easily missed in case of someone watching movie, or listening music, or you're simply in a little bit loader, not silence environment. Thanks!
- (2020-07-21, v:2.3.1) James Herr: Works when Chrome is closed?
Does this extension continue work and populate the up/down time log if the Chrome browser is closed?
- (2020-07-20, v:2.3.1) Don Thorstenson: Log record
I turned everything off as a check. No record of the event showed up in the log
- (2020-07-04, v:2.3.1) Greg Decker: Logging
I see that the log can be printed or exported as a PDF which is beneficial. However, exporting as a CSV file would facilitate analysis such as duration, frequency, charting, etc.
- (2020-06-25, v:2.3.1) Nick Williams: Internet Connection Monitor
Just installed this extension but don't understand how to see the gathered information?
- (2020-06-15, v:2.3.0) Sophia Locklear-Jensen: log not loading
Probably I've got something set wrong but when I use show log in 2.3.0, I get: "Internet connection log Log will appear soon..." Maybe I just need to update my chrome. :/
- (2020-06-10, v:2.2.1) David Gorzsas: Internet connection log
What is the difference between "No internet connection" and "No internet connection. Wi-Fi/Ethernet OK"
- (2020-06-02, v:2.2.0) Paul Kleeberg: Log start time
This extension is very helpful. In trouble shooting my connection with multiple machines, it would be helpful to me if the log immediately recorded the start time in addition to "no logs yet." I have 4 fixed IPs and one appears to be dropping with the others remain intact. Each log may be restarted at different times (due to machine reboots in attempt to repair) and having the start time would let me know how long the connection remained flawless for how long,
- (2020-03-19, v:2.1.1) Vtme Vtme: What does it ping
Does this app ping the computer ip address or something else. Im troubleshooting dropouts for 1-10 sec by my internet. Cable guys don't see it but its enough to drop skype out.
- (2020-02-22, v:2.1.1) Marshal Pilgreen: How often does the extension test internet connectivity?
I am curious how often it is checking for connectivity and what is it checking against to confirm connectivity?
- (2019-10-17, v:2.1.1) Ben Carlson: Where is the log?
You say in several posts that a log is available to show when internet connection was lost, but you never say where you can find this log. Where is it?
- (2019-08-12, v:1.5.1) Caleb Taulbee: Logging Report
I am just adding my request and problem resolution for finding the log files. I too would like to be able to access the log. Our IT company seems to think everything is fine with our internet and every time we call issues in it "magically" fixes itself. With a log we can prove to them the frequency.
- (2019-08-10, v:1.5.1) Claude Cote: Sounds
It will be very appreciated if we can modify the sounds, or know where to modify them.