Makes every page to have light text on dark background (exact colors are customizable)
Dark Background and Light Text enables dark mode on every webpage. The exact colors are configurable and it can be disabled per domain e.g. on pages which have their own dark mode e.g. Youtube or Reddit.
- (2020-06-27) Elena Astapova: The best one i have found, simple and effective.
- (2020-06-26) Mustafa Abdulwahid: I have been looking for the perfect background dimmer for a while now. it is the perfect one.
- (2020-04-10) Surf Cat: The Dark Background Light Text extension causes high cpu usage and slowing or freezing of scroll functions on some webpages UNLESS Stylesheet procesor is changed from Default to "Simple CSS." Unfortunately this change has to be made for each individual webpage. Suggest developer change the default to "Simple CSS" unless there are good reasons not to.
- (2020-04-10) Yurif M: Good!
- (2020-03-23) Juno Junostro: best one out there thus far! ive tried many and this one is the best! possible improvement could be more customization options, however i dont know how much that entails on the developers end of it as far as work goes. so other than that i have no complaints! thank you for the free product im very grateful!
- (2020-02-25) Слесарь Интеллигент 6 разряда: круто спасибо.
- (2020-01-30) ВАСЯ пупкин: Отлично! Легкое, быстрое, грамотное расширение. Спасибо создателю!
- (2019-12-16) mark ashe: 私はAndroidで、Chrome用の拡張機能を使える「①kiwibrowser」で、「②Dark Background and Light Text」を入れています。 ①には専用Nightモードがあるのですが、検索先によっては「①のNightモードでは相性が悪い場合」があり、それで「別のダークモード」に出来る②などを使っています。 ②はChrome用として以外に「Firefox用のアドオン」にも存在していて、現在、Firefox用は0.7.2まで出ていますが、なぜか、Chrome用は0.6.10で止まっています。 「Firefox用②の0.7.2」は、画面が切り替わる瞬間も、しっかり「黒」になってくれるので、目にかかる負担が減らせますが、「Chrome用②の0.6.10」は、画面が切り替わる瞬間が「白」で目に負担がかかるので、ちょっと残念です。 ぜひ、Chrome用②も、0.7.2を出してもらいたいです。
- (2019-12-15) mark ashe: I use this extension in android's “①kiwibrowser” that can use the extension for Chrome. ●① has “② Dedicated Night Mode”, but depending on the search destination, there are cases in which “② is not compatible”, and this extension function that can be set to “Another Night Mode” is used. ●This extension exists in "Add-on for Firefox" as well as for Chrome. Currently, it is up to 0.7.2 for Firefox, but for Chrome it stops at 0.6.10. ●“0.6.10 for Chrome” is “white” at the moment when the screen is switched, and it is burdensome to the eyes, but “0.7.2 for Firefox” is also “black” when the screen is switched. It will reduce the burden on the eyes. ●I'd like you to get 0.7.2 for Chrome.
- (2019-10-31) John Xiao: Very useful for me. Working very well.
- (2019-10-03) Night Hawk: This is the best webpage-darkner. Thank you !!!
- (2019-08-17) Jānis Ķengurs: Seem ok legit. Works nice. Faster then that slow Dark Reader. Uses a bit cpu while loading not like that slow Dark Reader using all the time. Im testing this and super fast Dark Mode extension one . I like both good working witout using CPU, so only theese 2 testing, but others OMG how and using cpu. Other not usable.
- (2019-06-06) How Si Yu: Probably the best extension of this type. Only problem is diagrams in mathjax are not visible as they remain black on black background. Possible fix: invert all svg?
- (2019-05-09) George Kovat: BEWARE! This extension screws up certain sites in both Brave and Chrome browsers, but not Firefox. As an example, the web site "Watts Up With That?" URL: https://wattsupwiththat.com/2008/02/14/how-not-to-measure-temperature-part-51/ , instead of coming up with the usual graphics, text etc, displays as a bare text menu. This is unfortunate coz I like both the Brave browser and this extension very much, it's my favourite and I can't find another to match it. I've contacted Brave Software about this coz I think it might just be a Brave vulnerability due to the fact that Firefox is not affected. Hoping this can be resolved soon ...
- (2019-05-08) sikret persen: finally there're someone that developed add on from mozilla, and it's very light as from Mozilla, thanks Baum Hoto & other developer that make this works, very greatful
- (2019-04-11) Edivaldo Calabrezi 02: Uso no Firefox e no Chrome. Não vivo sem. Simplesmente indispensável para navegar.
- (2019-03-21) Jan Zeze: It's the best extension for this purpose, I just can't live without it <3
- (2019-03-13) Lazar Silviu: its the best extension for reading because you can modify the color of the text on every site Problems : it makes flashes on some sites
- (2019-02-26) lightweight and intuitive. Does exactly what it needs to do.