Customize the web to your needs. Features such as dyslexia support, reader mode, overlays, rulers, text to speech and more.
About Helperbird is a browser extension that gives you features and customization such as dyslexia fonts, change the font & background color, text to speech, overlays, speech to text, dyslexia rulers, reader mode and more to make the web accessible to your needs! Built by a proud dyslexic for everyone. 𝗙𝗲𝗮𝘁𝘂𝗿𝗲𝘀 Immersive Reader Immersive Reader is a free tool that implements proven techniques to improve reading and writing for people, regardless of their age or ability. Immersive Reader can improve reading comprehension and increase fluency for English language learners. Dyslexia Fonts Specialized fonts for dyslexics and others. Convert the font on websites to use OpenDyslexic, Dyslexie, Arial, Comic Sans, and more. Dyslexia Ruler Dyslexia Ruler helps you to read long texts on web pages. This tool can assist dyslexic readers and others in keeping their place on the page they are reading. Styles & Colors Background and font colors help people with dyslexia focus and improve reading. All suggested colors included in Helperbird. Blacklist Use the blacklist feature to excluded Helperbird from running on that URL. Color blindness Underline links and add strokes around text to help with color blindness. Overlay & Tints Users with Scotopic Sensitivity Syndrome (SSS) or people who don't like bright white web pages can now change the overlay color of a web page with the overlay feature. Dictionary app With one right click of a mouse, users can discover what any English word means. Including in search results are synonyms and related words. Privacy Helperbird will never sell, store, or consume any user data. We do not store data or any other user-related content. Text to Speech Not sure what a word means or how to pronounce it? Select it, and Helperbird will read it out loud. Speech to Text Instead of typing text, you can speak and Helperbird will turn your speech to text. Notes app Save and manage snippets of text, images and videos using the notes features. Saved notes include the website link, time, and date of the saved snippet. Cognitive Load Underlining of web page text leads to improved reading focus and memory retention rate. Using granular colors that underline text, users can find reading more comfortable and fun. Google Translate Translate any website or any snippet of text with Helperbird. Over 23 languages, all with one click. Screenshot With Helperbird, you can screenshot any page your viewing and save it to your desktop. All in one click. Zoom Increase the text and images on any page to suit your needs. Zooming right into the page. Reader mode Helperbird gives you a Reader Mode that removes ads and distractions from any webpage with complete customization. Other features - Google Translate to over 100 languages. - Sync settings across browsers. - Premium support. - 50 plus natural voices. - Fully integrated Google Docs support. - Tint overlay (Scotopic Sensitivity Syndrome). - 𝗪𝗲 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝗖𝗢𝗣𝗣𝗔 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗙𝗘𝗥𝗣𝗔 𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗽𝗹𝗶𝗮𝗻𝘁. - Localization with 241 languages. - Customize the text to speech settings. Website: https://www.helperbird.com Pricing: https://www.helperbird.com/pricing 𝗖𝗼𝗺𝗽𝗹𝗶𝗮𝗻𝗰𝗲 Learn more about our compliance with COPPA and FERPA https://www.helperbird.com/compliance 𝗦𝘂𝗽𝗽𝗼𝗿𝘁 If you have any trouble email us at [email protected] Support: https://www.helperbird.com/support Built by a dyslexic programmer with a love 💖 𝗢𝗽𝗲𝗻𝗗𝘆𝘀𝗹𝗲𝘅𝗶𝗰 𝗙𝗼𝗻𝘁 Open-Dyslexic is an open sourced font created to increase readability for readers with dyslexia. This extension overrides all fonts on web pages with the OpenDyslexic font, and formats pages to be more easily readable. Your brain can sometimes do funny things to letters. OpenDyslexic tries to help prevent some of these things from happening. Letters have heavy weighted bottoms to add a kind of "gravity" to each letter. You are able to quickly figure out which part of the letter is down because of this feature. It aids in recognizing the correct letter and sometimes helps to keep your brain from rotating them around. Consistently weighted bottoms can also help reinforce the line of text. The unique shapes of each letter can help prevent confusion by flipping and swapping. Open-Dyslexic has recently received favorable coverage from the BBC and is included in many iOS and Android apps. Unlike much other dyslexia or DRD typefaces, OpenDyslexic is completely free for individuals, companies, schools, and in short: everyone.
- (2020-01-21) dumpsterfire: so useful and helpful!! i can actually retain so much more info in my head now. thanks man, you are so awesome and i appreciate all the kind words. thank you. :)
- (2020-01-19) Max B.: very good. Good job
- (2019-12-06) Guido Francis: Fantastic! Helperbird is very easy to use, and yet, so powerful!
- (2019-11-28) Sandra Fox: This app does wonders!!
- (2019-11-17) Taylor Kirkpatrick: Huge fan of the zoom feature. It trumps the native zoom in your browser since the zoom level you set actually stays with you no matter what page you go to, which is very helpful and meshes well with the other features the app offers.
- (2019-11-16) Brian Borland: Amazing in eliminating embarrassing mistakes. Am one happy kid here!
- (2019-11-11) Gregory Arnold: It's been a great help. I'm very happy I made the switch.
- (2019-11-05) Walter Washburn: I love and use Helperbird for Chrome and I think it's a great tool! Thanks for the screenshot feature!
- (2019-11-05) Vernon Dickey: I love it! I want it on Word and on all my applications now...
- (2019-10-28) bookmouse: The area to select/change accounts is blank. I can't change accounts to the one I set up premium with. Other than that, great features on the free side.
- (2019-08-20) Cordelia Parham: Even when one pays money, the premium features do not work. I received a message directly after I signed up for the trial that my trial had expired. How is the possible? Because I was particularly interested in the rulers and text-to-speech features I went ahead and paid the money. I have the confirmation of payment email from Google to prove it, yet I am unable to use those features. Your app is still asking for money. Please rectify this situation.
- (2019-07-31) Luke Pottinger: I got this tool as an extension to try out first of all. I was amazed at what it can do in terms of accessibility. I have shown my friends and brother who suffer from dyslexia and they have all downloaded the extension. Great step forward from a company looking to help people!!
- (2019-07-28) Kai Tam: Amazing Extensions in chrome. I Installed in my parents computer, because my dad have a poor vision, due to bad eye surgery. this extension really helps allow to have able to manipulate the font and font size for more comfortable use instead of chrome zoom feature. Because the chrome zoom feature is its overly zoom will cause the page looking super weird. Amazing App Keep up the good work. Looking forward for more new features!!!
- (2019-07-27) shivashree vysali: It's a great tool! Really simple to use and works as described.
- (2019-07-22) Jack Haverty: Hugely helpful app, reading's become so much easier since I installed this. Saved me so much time for a couple of bucks
- (2019-07-22) Mohammad Karzai: Wow i am really glad someone had this idea. We need more helper tools like this.
- (2019-07-20) Roope Ranta: This extension is excellent for someone suffering from colour blindness and its lets you save all of your notes in easy to use dashboard so there is no need to keep multiple tabs open.
- (2019-07-18) Helper Bird: Love this tool <3
- (2019-07-18) Robert James Gabriel: Love it!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR COLOR BLINDNESS
- (2019-06-22) Ciarán Hyland: I have to admit, I have tried several other similar products which were awful. Helperbird is truly amazing!. The font changes, colours, overlays, notes, text to speech and I love the 50 natural languages!! 100% worth updating.
- (2019-05-04) Turbo Slag: Very efficient
- (2019-04-28) Courtney Hood: So many useful features! This app is as helpful as it's name.
- (2019-03-27) Love the new ruler. Thank you so much and cant wait for the Google docs add on.
- (2019-03-25) Wow what great tool, I love it! Keep up the excellent work. Add more fonts in the future and cant wait for the ios version!! Also thank you Robert for the support emails.
- (2019-03-21) Paula Hagen: I'm looking at assistive technologies for a grad class I'm taking. I wanted to see this compared to Dyslexie, so I clicked on the free trial to install it. After it put the owl at the end of my address bar, I clicked on it and it said my trial was over; Upgrade for $2.99! How could it be over? It never even started! I went to another open tab, clicked on the owl again, clicked to apply OpenDyslexic, then chose Font and enabled the font. It worked, but like another reviewer said, I could now only see the first 2/3rds of the page because the text now extends past the right margin. Can you fix these issues? I have a few students that I may want to help get this and use it, but only if it's reliable for them. They don't need anymore confusion in their lives. Thank you.
- (2019-08-20, v:18.0.12) Cordelia Parham: Trial over before ever used. In good faith I paid the money and it still doesn't work.
I am disgruntled because my trial didn't work, then when I paid the money I still couldn't get the premium features to work. The main reason I wanted to try this was because of the Text-To-Speech options and the Ruler and it keeps telling I need to pay. Your service *seems* like it would be great, but so far it has yielded nothing. By the way, I saw two different costs: $2.99 and $4.99. Which is it?
- (2019-06-30, v:17.0.0) Manny Parra: cancel account
Requesting to cancel account
- (2019-05-02, v:16.0.5) Ulf Herrmann: Error while installing
I get an error when installing: Name of key "optionen gespeichert" is invalid. Only ASCII [a-z], [A-Z], [0-9] and "_" are allowed."
- (2019-04-02, v:14.1.21) H App: Paid for upgrade but not working
I'm having the exact same problem as Caitlyn Shea Butler. I paid for upgrade, now it's tell me I need to upgrade for $2.99 with no option to do so. Is this fixed yet? thanks, Helen
- (2019-02-21, v:12.1.15) Caitlyn Shea Butler: I purchase the extension, but it says that my trial is over and to upgrade
I installed the trial of the extension, liked it, and purchased it for $4.99. Now the app says that my trial is over and I need to upgrade for $2.99. If I click the upgrade link, there is no options to purchase which indicates to me that I have already purchased the extension. Help? Also, when I had access to the google docs feature, I was having trouble with the cursor position. The position of the cursor on the screen was not matching where new letters were added.
- (2019-02-20, v:12.1.15) Peter Whitehead: Good night - your trial is over- but immediately after I installed!
Hi Just installed to have a play with this for my dyslexic Ss. The second I installed it, I was told my trial was over, so I haven't the chance to try it. Please re-set. Thanks. Peter
- (2018-11-28, v:11.0.14) Dr. Jeff Batten: Can't install Helperbird extension?
I am using MacOS X El Capitan and trying to install the Helperbird extension. It only gives me the option of "try me", but won't let me install the extension. Help? Jeff
- (2018-11-27, v:11.0.14) Jeffrey Blais: Can't Install "Try Now" Button Grayed Out
Can't install the extension on our student or staff Chromebooks or Chrome Browsers. There is no Add to Chrome button only a Try Now button that is grayed out and unclickable to install the extension.
- (2018-10-16, v:9.1.1) Jessica B: Purchased but not enabling the premium features
I purchased the premium this morning but the premium features are still showing as disabled. How long after purchase does it take for the features to be enabled?
- (2018-09-24, v:7.0.7) Not free anymore?
Hello, I'm a teacher and I have used your extension with my dyslexic students. First all thank you for your amazing work it's really changing their life! I wanted to add it to the new school chromebooks and even if the title still says FREE it now ask for 3.99$. Is that change permanent? Is there an other extension that my students could use for free? Thank you for everything you've done!