Over 32 accessibility & productivity features built to help with reading and writing on the web, in class, at work, or at home.
About Helperbird is a browser extension that gives you the features to make more web more accessible and productive to your needs. Providing you features like dyslexia fonts, change the font & background color, text to speech with natural voices, overlays, dyslexia rulers, immersive reader, reader mode, and much more to tailor the web to your needs. Features ✔ Change the font on the page to over 15 fonts. ✔ Dyslexia fonts, like OpenDyslexic, Lexa pro, Lexend, and 12 others. ✔ Reader Mode. ✔ Annonation software. ✔ Line Focus. ✔ Overlay to increase reading focus. ✔ Removes ads and distractions from any webpage. ✔ Remove ads with our Adblocker. ✔ Immersive Reader by Microsoft. ✔ OCR (Optical Character Recognition) App. ✔ Dictionary and vocabulary features. ✔ Full-screen mode. ✔ Auto scrolling. ✔ Analyze text. ✔ Increase and decrease cursor size. ✔ Take a screenshot of any webpage. ✔ Google translate to over 100 languages ✔ Color blindness features including Emphasize Links and stroke text ✔ Volume booster for audio and videos on the web page. ✔ Text to speech options with pitch, speed, and 25 natural voices. ✔ Spell check highlighter. ✔ Page zoom and text magnifier. ✔ Hide images and Gifs to improve reading focus. ✔ Pause and autorun mode. ✔ High contrast any web page. ✔ Shortcuts. ✔ Dyslexia ruler to increase reading focus. ✔ Change the background, font, and highlight the color of the web page. ✔ Color overlay for scotopic sensitivity syndrome users and for people who don't like a bright white background. ✔ Use cognitive load to better your reading experience. 4 different options. ✔ Sign Language support, A custom font, that allows you to change the font to American sign language. ✔ Highlight heading and links ✔ Adjust the word spacing. ✔ Adjust the letter spacing. ✔ Adjust the font size. ✔ Adjust line-height. Other Features ✔ Dictation feature (Speech to text) ✔ Note-taking app with the feature-filled editor. ✔ Bookmarking app, too easy bookmark, and manage apps. ✔ Sync settings across browsers. ✔ Premium support. ✔ 20 plus natural voices. ✔ Fully integrated Google Docs support. ✔ 𝗪𝗲 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝗖𝗢𝗣𝗣𝗔 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗙𝗘𝗥𝗣𝗔 𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗽𝗹𝗶𝗮𝗻𝘁. ✔ Customize the text to speech settings. To see all the features and learn more, check out https://www.helperbird.com/features Pricing Free Plan with limited options Pro Plan for $4.99 (monthly) or $50.00 a year Education Plan for $99.99 (Monthly) or $1000 a year Student Plan - $30.00 a year To learn more about Helperbirds pricing, check out https://www.helperbird.com/pricing Privacy Helperbird will never sell, store, or consume any user data. We do not store data or any other user-related content. https://www.helperbird.com/privacy Compliance Learn more about our compliance with COPPA and FERPA https://www.helperbird.com/compliance Support If you have any trouble, email us at [email protected] Support: https://www.helperbird.com/support Built by a dyslexic programmer with love in Ireland 🇮🇪
- (2021-09-23) Heather Shepard: It was helpful at all times for me! I love this tool!
- (2021-09-21) michael thompson: So far ive got nothing but amazing things to say about this extension. It helps everyday life so much!
- (2021-09-01) Nuria Rivera: Hi James I am very happy with this application has been very helpful for my studying I recommend this application for the people that have concentration problems like me
- (2021-08-30) Rebecca Meldrum: Fantastic! Great software and simple to use even for kids new to the computer. Provides the option to tailor every variable to make any page easier to read. Really excellent. Super helpful support too. Great job!
- (2021-08-26) DD BA: They were super fact with response time when helping me meet and deadline and very kind when corresponding. If the app is anything like their customer service then I am happy with my purchase!
- (2021-07-22) Emily Chan: It's helped me immensely with being able to focus and process words on any website
- (2021-06-27) Angdi Chu: Asking to sync my Chrome user to unlock more function....I don't want to sync between different devices, so I can never log in :(
- (2021-06-24) Alexa ʎɹoɐS: me gusta mucho solo que hay que pagar por las cosas premium pero aun es genial
- (2021-06-24) David Linde: Insightful functionality. Well done.
- (2021-06-06) Addison Brown: I have ADHD and yesterday Helperbird and the text-to-speech function (available in free version) turned a 28-page reading assignment from a two-day task to roughly two hours, maybe three at the absolute most. It helped tremendously! And I loved that the text-to-speech has such a fluid voice compared to a lot of others I've used! Honestly, the fact that this was created by someone who knows the struggles is something I love, because then it has neurodivergency in mind. I've tried too many things in the past that were created by neurotypical folk trying to be helpful to us and I do appreciate it, but it doesn't work as well because our brains work different. Highly recommend!
- (2021-05-07) Entertainment Studio: I love Helperbird!!! It's very user friendly from someone who has learning challenges because of ADHD and Dyslexia.There are so many useful features and new updates.
- (2021-04-28) Greg&Karyn: Immersive Reader from Microsoft is amazing, but my friends in Google districts were missing out until I found Helperbird. Great for proofreading! Simply highlight the text and have it read back to you, change the spacing in your view, highlight parts of speech, even translate by word or by document to have it read to you and adjust the speed! So amazing that I posted a YouTube tutorial within days of installing it. Plus, unlike many extensions, it didn't ask for obnoxious permissions like asking to delete everything in my Google Drive. #Winner #a11y
- (2021-04-27) Alex R.: Helperbird is one of the most helpful tools I've ever used. It has so many great features that not many other apps or software have. The free version can be installed and stay forever on your browser. Other companies don't always give you access for free or give access for free forever. When you do get access to the Pro version or other paid plans, you expand your opportunity to read and stay focused better. One of the other great things about Helperbird is their support service. They have a video for every single feature that you can use. They are simple and helpful videos that make the learning process a lot easier. In addition, they have great live chat support. They are super nice and helpful. They always encourage people to give suggestions on how to improve Helperbird. Why is this important? It shows they really care about people with disabilities or people in general.
- (2021-03-25) bondziotek: Just added it and it feels like my eyes are flowing through text!
- (2021-03-24) Luke Mccarthy: This chrome extension is absolutely amazing. I'm a Primary school teacher and it helps children with a broad range of needs. It's so easy to set up. I love the way it syncs across devices so set up is seamless across all the children's computers. The customizable features are a game changer for allowing children to enjoy reading and accessing the web in our school. The best application I have ever seen for school children. Looking forward to trying the iPad application soon.
- (2021-02-28) Melissa Motz: My son has dyslexia and has been struggling with parts of distant learning over the last year. We recently discovered this software and he is loving everything about it, especially with the ease of following directions and completing his assignments! We have used several other tools but this has everything a dyslexia person needs all in one bundle! The upgrade is defiantly worth it to make our daily struggles, on the computer, run much smoother. I also greatly appreciate customer support (helpdesk). They went above and beyond to make sure we were all set up on the computer for my son to most successful.
- (2021-02-27) Spin F.: omg i can actually read now
- (2021-02-10) Mia Laudato: The free version of this is so great and helpful to a LOT of people...but the upgraded version is next level:)
- (2021-02-03) Kelli Suding: This is my first google review ever! I have to share that the accessibility and support for independent access for students that Helperbird provides, is a game changer. It is constantly being updated with new features based on feedback and it is extremely user friendly. The ability to customize the settings allows students to have control over their own learning, aligning with Universal Design for Learning. Looking forward to sharing with students and fellow educators on a daily basis. Thanks, Helperbird team!
- (2021-01-29) Pauline Olsen: Love this extension works beautifully overall. Is there a way that this could have more compatibility with Salesforce system?
- (2021-01-24) Cris Townley: I have been trying to find ways to make my child happy to go to school again, and someone recommended helperbird. She loves helperbird, and she is now much happier about the idea of returning to school. I think this might be a game changer, as they do so much web based schoolwork and research. She says "they really understand people with dyslexia".
- (2021-01-23) Matthew Burns: Let me tell you, I didn't know how badly I needed this until I got it. It was much like when I got glasses, I had just assumed that was how everyone saw the world...then it wasn't. Thank you Helperbird for the efforts you put forth in this lovely extension for everyone to use. The fact that you can use so much on the free just goes to show that this is something to help aid people not just some money grab. However with the pricing it still couldn't be a money grab. Thank you all again for the efforts you put forth so others can enjoy the internet more fully.
- (2021-01-18) Denise Young: I am an assistive technology consultant for 30 school districts. I am adding Helperbird to the list of reading resources that I have available.
- (2021-01-07) Jim Sprialis: Have an amazing collection of assistive tools that have benefits for everyone. For me, the combination of Microsoft's Immersive Reader and Apple's reading machine voice (US Alex) makes Helperbird my first choice for processing web content.
- (2021-01-06) Michelle Howard-Price: I purchased this for my daughter who has been having a lot of difficulty accessing the online work set remotely by her teachers during our National Lockdown because of Covid-19. Her dyslexia was really hindering her ability to complete tasks and keep up which in turn led to increased anxiety levels...a really horrid place to be in during a global pandemic! Helper bird has been a vast help and I fully recommend it and wish more schools knew about it. Thank You Helper Bird.
- (2021-01-05) Clara Mediavilla: how do you change languages, the starting page is all in dutch
- (2021-01-04) Baird Bankovic: Very helpful and makes text much easier to read! Would defiantly recommend to dyslexic readers. Works almost flawlessly on webpages.
- (2020-12-24) Matt Haddad: It's pretty good. The one thing I would really like to see is that stuff like immersive reader could save your settings. it's a little bit of a pain to have to reset everything each and every time you open it. (Font, size, color, etc.)
- (2020-11-15) Stumpy Cool: İ cant listen in my language , i cant use same google translate with ctrl +c and ctrl+v. I need in same page right click read for me (i want to listen Turkish language)
- (2020-11-08) Martin Bui: Making such an useful tool, replying to every single comment or review and giving support to people's issues as soon as possible?? Carefully, he is a hero.
- (2020-10-19) Catherine Contillo: I found this extension on a whim to help myself. Suffering with post concussion syndrome symptoms and working remotely is really hard! This extension basically saved my job. It gave me back productivity and the ability to read the screen. This extension has so many neat features I never even knew I needed. I love this and you will too! You don't need to be dyslexic or have dyslexia for this extension to benefit you. Do yourself a giant favor and get it! I highly recommend it!
- (2020-10-07) David: Simply amazing!!! God sent and a life saving app for a physician with severe dyslexia . The best app ever for ppl with dyslexia on the web
- (2020-09-09) Josh Sharrad: A truly great extension! We installed this on all of our 200 Chromebooks across the 3 special schools i work in and it has greatly helped our students use technology to learn. It not only helps our dyslexic learners, but also our autistic and ADHD students by helping remove distractions and making the web a more accessible place. Support is fast and efficient, and updates are very regular with new features constantly being added!
- (2020-07-05) Katie Jobs: I just bumped into your product and ...wow! I think more teachers and students should know about this tool. This is game changing
- (2020-07-05) Anne Burns: I normally dont write reviews but wanted to say thank you so much for this app. Its changed my life and I really love the Reader mode and OCR features!. Thank you thank you
- (2020-07-05) Matthew Baker: just wanted to say i really enjoy this its very helpful! 5/5
- (2020-03-17) Fiona Wren: Helperbird offers a wide range of customization in one easy to navigate spot. Computers and dyslexia don't always mesh, the features like ruler makes reading text heavy web pages easier. Tech support is amazingly responsive should you need any help.
- (2020-02-13) John Mc Carthy: It is simply amazing, Helperbird helps you find out from everything from the Readermode feature, color changes and so much more. It has really changed my life!!
- (2020-02-10) Jen Ridge: The best in its class - SUPERB - It does everything I need for my aging eyes.
- (2020-01-21) contaminatedcorpse: so useful and helpful!! i can actually retain so much more info in my head now. thanks man, you are so awesome and i appreciate all the kind words. thank you. :)
- (2020-01-19) Maxim B.: very good. Good job
- (2019-12-06) Fantastic! Helperbird is very easy to use, and yet, so powerful!
- (2019-11-28) Sandra Fox: This app does wonders!!
- (2019-11-17) Taylor Kirkpatrick: Huge fan of the zoom feature. It trumps the native zoom in your browser since the zoom level you set actually stays with you no matter what page you go to, which is very helpful and meshes well with the other features the app offers.
- (2019-11-16) Brian Borland: Amazing in eliminating embarrassing mistakes. Am one happy kid here!
- (2019-11-11) Gregory Arnold: It's been a great help. I'm very happy I made the switch.
- (2019-11-05) Walter Washburn: I love and use Helperbird for Chrome and I think it's a great tool! Thanks for the screenshot feature!
- (2019-11-05) Vernon Dickey: I love it! I want it on Word and on all my applications now...
- (2019-10-28) bookmouse: The area to select/change accounts is blank. I can't change accounts to the one I set up premium with. Other than that, great features on the free side.
- (2019-08-20) Cordelia Parham: Even when one pays money, the premium features do not work. I received a message directly after I signed up for the trial that my trial had expired. How is the possible? Because I was particularly interested in the rulers and text-to-speech features I went ahead and paid the money. I have the confirmation of payment email from Google to prove it, yet I am unable to use those features. Your app is still asking for money. Please rectify this situation.
- (2021-05-11, v:56.0.0) Amber Unthank: Does not work
Plays a sentence, then stops for no reason. other parts do not work at all. not sure what I am suppose to do.
- (2020-09-14, v:28.0.2) Camilla Schulze: Font on buttons
Hiya, I'm working in a team that developes webs for the public and wanted to check if the page works with helpbird but we have an issue were the font is not applied to button-elements that has a font-family specific to that element. Is this a known issue with Helpbird or is there something we should do to work around it? Seeing how button is a valid html element should it not be included in the styling to add the font to that element i Helpbird aswell? I could only see it being applied to these elements: p, a, h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, input, ul, span, font, strong, th, td which seems a bit too few. Would be great if you could send me some feeback on this :) Thanks for a great addon!
- (2020-09-10, v:28.0.2) William Jawad: Jumping page, wrong alignment, and wrong pointer location when mouse hover
First of all, I would like to thank you for such an incredible extension. However, I am having a problem when navigating a web page (Linkedin). It seems like when the extension is enabled and I try to hover over a link that has a tool-tip, the page suddenly jumps to make the link in the center of the page. Also, sometimes the alignment of the tool-tip is set at the bottom of the page. Finally, in Google maps, when hovering over a country's name, the pointer doesn't change to a hand-shape pointing at the country, it does change however, when the mouse pointer is moved couple of mm to the top-left. If you could fix these issues, I would really appreciate it. Thank you in advance.
- (2019-08-20, v:18.0.12) Cordelia Parham: Trial over before ever used. In good faith I paid the money and it still doesn't work.
I am disgruntled because my trial didn't work, then when I paid the money I still couldn't get the premium features to work. The main reason I wanted to try this was because of the Text-To-Speech options and the Ruler and it keeps telling I need to pay. Your service *seems* like it would be great, but so far it has yielded nothing. By the way, I saw two different costs: $2.99 and $4.99. Which is it?
- (2019-06-30, v:17.0.0) Manny Parra: cancel account
Requesting to cancel account
- (2019-05-02, v:16.0.5) Ulf Herrmann: Error while installing
I get an error when installing: Name of key "optionen gespeichert" is invalid. Only ASCII [a-z], [A-Z], [0-9] and "_" are allowed."
- (2019-04-02, v:14.1.21) Helen: Paid for upgrade but not working
I'm having the exact same problem as Caitlyn Shea Butler. I paid for upgrade, now it's tell me I need to upgrade for $2.99 with no option to do so. Is this fixed yet? thanks, Helen
- (2019-02-21, v:12.1.15) Caitlyn Shea Butler: I purchase the extension, but it says that my trial is over and to upgrade
I installed the trial of the extension, liked it, and purchased it for $4.99. Now the app says that my trial is over and I need to upgrade for $2.99. If I click the upgrade link, there is no options to purchase which indicates to me that I have already purchased the extension. Help? Also, when I had access to the google docs feature, I was having trouble with the cursor position. The position of the cursor on the screen was not matching where new letters were added.
- (2019-02-20, v:12.1.15) Peter WHITEHEAD: Good night - your trial is over- but immediately after I installed!
Hi Just installed to have a play with this for my dyslexic Ss. The second I installed it, I was told my trial was over, so I haven't the chance to try it. Please re-set. Thanks. Peter
- (2018-11-28, v:11.0.14) Dr. Jeff Batten: Can't install Helperbird extension?
I am using MacOS X El Capitan and trying to install the Helperbird extension. It only gives me the option of "try me", but won't let me install the extension. Help? Jeff
- (2018-11-27, v:11.0.14) Jeffrey Blais: Can't Install "Try Now" Button Grayed Out
Can't install the extension on our student or staff Chromebooks or Chrome Browsers. There is no Add to Chrome button only a Try Now button that is grayed out and unclickable to install the extension.
- (2018-10-16, v:9.1.1) Jessica B: Purchased but not enabling the premium features
I purchased the premium this morning but the premium features are still showing as disabled. How long after purchase does it take for the features to be enabled?
- (2018-09-24, v:7.0.7) Not free anymore?
Hello, I'm a teacher and I have used your extension with my dyslexic students. First all thank you for your amazing work it's really changing their life! I wanted to add it to the new school chromebooks and even if the title still says FREE it now ask for 3.99$. Is that change permanent? Is there an other extension that my students could use for free? Thank you for everything you've done!