Read, understand and navigate the content of the web easier with Helperbird. Including immersive reader
About Helperbird is a browser extension that gives you the features to make more web more accessible and productive to your needs. Providing you features like dyslexia fonts, change the font & background color, text to speech with natural voices, overlays, dyslexia rulers, immersive reader, reader mode, and much more to tailor the web to your needs. Features ✔ Change the font on the page to over 15 fonts. ✔ Dyslexia fonts, like OpenDyslexic, Lexa pro, Lexen, and 12 others. ✔ Reader Mode. ✔ Overlay to increase reading focus. ✔ Removes ads and distractions from any webpage. ✔ Remove ads with our Adblocker. ✔ Immersive Reader by Microsoft. ✔ OCR (Optical Character Recognition) App. ✔ Dictionary and vocabulary features. ✔ Full-screen mode. ✔ Analyze text. ✔ Increase and decrease cursor size. ✔ Take a screenshot of any webpage. ✔ Google translate to over 100 languages ✔ Color blindness features including Emphasize Links and stroke text ✔ Volume booster for audio and videos on the web page. ✔ Text to speech options with pitch, speed, and 25 natural voices. ✔ Spell check highlighter. ✔ Page zoom and text magnifier. ✔ Hide images and Gifs to improve reading focus. ✔ Pause and autorun mode. ✔ High contrast any web page. ✔ Shortcuts. ✔ Dyslexia ruler to increase reading focus. ✔ Change the background, font, and highlight the color of the web page. ✔ Color overlay for scotopic sensitivity syndrome users and for people who don't like a bright white background. ✔ Use cognitive load to better your reading experience. 4 different options. ✔ Sign Language support, A custom font, that allows you to change the font to American sign language. ✔ Highlight heading and links ✔ Adjust the word spacing. ✔ Adjust the letter spacing. ✔ Adjust the font size. ✔ Adjust line-height. Other Features ✔ Dictation feature (Speech to text) ✔ Note-taking app with the feature-filled editor. ✔ Bookmarking app, too easy bookmark, and manage apps. ✔ Sync settings across browsers. ✔ Premium support. ✔ 20 plus natural voices. ✔ Fully integrated Google Docs support. ✔ 𝗪𝗲 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝗖𝗢𝗣𝗣𝗔 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗙𝗘𝗥𝗣𝗔 𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗽𝗹𝗶𝗮𝗻𝘁. ✔ Customize the text to speech settings. To see all the features and learn more, check out https://www.helperbird.com/features Pricing Free Plan with limited options Pro Plan for $4.99 (monthly) or $50.00 a year Education Plan for $99.99 (Monthly) or $1000 a year Student Plan - $30.00 a year To learn more about Helperbirds pricing, check out https://www.helperbird.com/pricing Privacy Helperbird will never sell, store, or consume any user data. We do not store data or any other user-related content. https://www.helperbird.com/privacy Compliance Learn more about our compliance with COPPA and FERPA https://www.helperbird.com/compliance Support If you have any trouble, email us at [email protected] Support: https://www.helperbird.com/support Built by a dyslexic programmer with love in Ireland 🇮🇪
- (2020-07-05) Katie Jobs: I just bumped into your product and ...wow! I think more teachers and students should know about this tool. This is game changing
- (2020-07-05) Anne Burns: I normally dont write reviews but wanted to say thank you so much for this app. Its changed my life and I really love the Reader mode and OCR features!. Thank you thank you
- (2020-07-05) Matthew Baker: just wanted to say i really enjoy this its very helpful! 5/5
- (2020-03-17) Fiona Wren: Helperbird offers a wide range of customization in one easy to navigate spot. Computers and dyslexia don't always mesh, the features like ruler makes reading text heavy web pages easier. Tech support is amazingly responsive should you need any help.
- (2020-02-13) John Mc Carthy: It is simply amazing, Helperbird helps you find out from everything from the Readermode feature, color changes and so much more. It has really changed my life!!
- (2020-02-10) Jen Ridge: The best in its class - SUPERB - It does everything I need for my aging eyes.
- (2020-01-21) axel: so useful and helpful!! i can actually retain so much more info in my head now. thanks man, you are so awesome and i appreciate all the kind words. thank you. :)
- (2020-01-19) Max B.: very good. Good job
- (2019-12-06) Guido Francis: Fantastic! Helperbird is very easy to use, and yet, so powerful!
- (2019-11-28) Sandra Fox: This app does wonders!!
- (2019-11-17) Taylor Kirkpatrick: Huge fan of the zoom feature. It trumps the native zoom in your browser since the zoom level you set actually stays with you no matter what page you go to, which is very helpful and meshes well with the other features the app offers.
- (2019-11-16) Brian Borland: Amazing in eliminating embarrassing mistakes. Am one happy kid here!
- (2019-11-11) Gregory Arnold: It's been a great help. I'm very happy I made the switch.
- (2019-11-05) Walter Washburn: I love and use Helperbird for Chrome and I think it's a great tool! Thanks for the screenshot feature!
- (2019-11-05) Vernon Dickey: I love it! I want it on Word and on all my applications now...
- (2019-10-28) bookmouse: The area to select/change accounts is blank. I can't change accounts to the one I set up premium with. Other than that, great features on the free side.
- (2019-08-20) Cordelia Parham: Even when one pays money, the premium features do not work. I received a message directly after I signed up for the trial that my trial had expired. How is the possible? Because I was particularly interested in the rulers and text-to-speech features I went ahead and paid the money. I have the confirmation of payment email from Google to prove it, yet I am unable to use those features. Your app is still asking for money. Please rectify this situation.
- (2019-07-31) Luke Pottinger: I got this tool as an extension to try out first of all. I was amazed at what it can do in terms of accessibility. I have shown my friends and brother who suffer from dyslexia and they have all downloaded the extension. Great step forward from a company looking to help people!!
- (2019-07-28) Kai Tam: Amazing Extensions in chrome. I Installed in my parents computer, because my dad have a poor vision, due to bad eye surgery. this extension really helps allow to have able to manipulate the font and font size for more comfortable use instead of chrome zoom feature. Because the chrome zoom feature is its overly zoom will cause the page looking super weird. Amazing App Keep up the good work. Looking forward for more new features!!!
- (2019-07-27) shivashree vysali: It's a great tool! Really simple to use and works as described.
- (2019-07-22) Jack Haverty: Hugely helpful app, reading's become so much easier since I installed this. Saved me so much time for a couple of bucks
- (2019-07-22) Mohammad Karzai: Wow i am really glad someone had this idea. We need more helper tools like this.
- (2019-07-20) Roope Ranta: This extension is excellent for someone suffering from colour blindness and its lets you save all of your notes in easy to use dashboard so there is no need to keep multiple tabs open.
- (2019-07-18) Helper Bird: Love this tool <3
- (2019-07-18) Robert James Gabriel: Love it!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR COLOR BLINDNESS
- (2019-08-20, v:18.0.12) Cordelia Parham: Trial over before ever used. In good faith I paid the money and it still doesn't work.
I am disgruntled because my trial didn't work, then when I paid the money I still couldn't get the premium features to work. The main reason I wanted to try this was because of the Text-To-Speech options and the Ruler and it keeps telling I need to pay. Your service *seems* like it would be great, but so far it has yielded nothing. By the way, I saw two different costs: $2.99 and $4.99. Which is it?
- (2019-06-30, v:17.0.0) Manny Parra: cancel account
Requesting to cancel account
- (2019-05-02, v:16.0.5) Ulf Herrmann: Error while installing
I get an error when installing: Name of key "optionen gespeichert" is invalid. Only ASCII [a-z], [A-Z], [0-9] and "_" are allowed."
- (2019-04-02, v:14.1.21) H App: Paid for upgrade but not working
I'm having the exact same problem as Caitlyn Shea Butler. I paid for upgrade, now it's tell me I need to upgrade for $2.99 with no option to do so. Is this fixed yet? thanks, Helen
- (2019-02-21, v:12.1.15) Caitlyn Shea Butler: I purchase the extension, but it says that my trial is over and to upgrade
I installed the trial of the extension, liked it, and purchased it for $4.99. Now the app says that my trial is over and I need to upgrade for $2.99. If I click the upgrade link, there is no options to purchase which indicates to me that I have already purchased the extension. Help? Also, when I had access to the google docs feature, I was having trouble with the cursor position. The position of the cursor on the screen was not matching where new letters were added.
- (2019-02-20, v:12.1.15) Peter Whitehead: Good night - your trial is over- but immediately after I installed!
Hi Just installed to have a play with this for my dyslexic Ss. The second I installed it, I was told my trial was over, so I haven't the chance to try it. Please re-set. Thanks. Peter
- (2018-11-28, v:11.0.14) Dr. Jeff Batten: Can't install Helperbird extension?
I am using MacOS X El Capitan and trying to install the Helperbird extension. It only gives me the option of "try me", but won't let me install the extension. Help? Jeff
- (2018-11-27, v:11.0.14) Jeffrey Blais: Can't Install "Try Now" Button Grayed Out
Can't install the extension on our student or staff Chromebooks or Chrome Browsers. There is no Add to Chrome button only a Try Now button that is grayed out and unclickable to install the extension.
- (2018-10-16, v:9.1.1) Jessica B: Purchased but not enabling the premium features
I purchased the premium this morning but the premium features are still showing as disabled. How long after purchase does it take for the features to be enabled?
- (2018-09-24, v:7.0.7) Not free anymore?
Hello, I'm a teacher and I have used your extension with my dyslexic students. First all thank you for your amazing work it's really changing their life! I wanted to add it to the new school chromebooks and even if the title still says FREE it now ask for 3.99$. Is that change permanent? Is there an other extension that my students could use for free? Thank you for everything you've done!