Make tab indented code more readable by forcing the tab size to 4 instead of 8
By default, in browsers, the tab character takes up 8 spaces in width. This makes tab-indented code hard to read. GitHub could have easily overridden this with a more reasonable number like 4, but they have chosen not to. Hence why this extension exists. It sets the tab width to 4.
- (2021-01-22) Sam Cao: It's so simple. I wish github could let me set tab size. Before that, this extension is awesome!
- (2016-05-25) Leeroy Ding: I wish there's an option to change it to 2.
- (2016-02-25) Rinat Khaziev: I was about to delve into developing Chrome extensions but then I googled :) Good job, does exactly what it's supposed to do.
- (2015-03-19) John Gardner: YES! Finally! Hard tabs for life!
- (2015-03-10) Hans-Harald Glatt: Great!! Thanks a lot!!
- (2015-01-22) Derek Jass: Simple and useful.
- (2015-01-18) 炒米粉: Really Nice Work!
- (2014-08-28) musamad musamao the 4th: Awesome, I really hate how Github forces 8, was going to write an extension to do this; but found this.
- (2016-10-17, v:1.1.2) Toby Mole: Other sites?
Is this coded to work specifically *only* for GitHub or will it work for other sites (e,g, GitLab installs)?