Track and limit time your activity in the browser every day.
Control how much time you spend on websites and set a time limit on websites if you procrastinate. Web Activity Time Tracker is open-source project and it keeps track of how much time you spend on the web and presents the stats in a useful and intuitive way. You can set a daily visit limit for sites and block it after the expiration of the limit. You will see: ✅Total time spent browsing ✅Total time spent browsing by days ✅ Time spent on individual websites ✅ Total time and percentage on chart ✅ Percentage ratio of domain ✅ Export data to CSV Statictics: ✅ Today overview ✅ All-time stats ✅ By all days stats Customizable features: ✅ Idle time interval ✅ Time tracker in icon ✅ Add domain to black list, activity for these domains won't be tracked ✅ Set daily time limit for the site ✅ Track activity when you watch the video on YouTube and Netflix (grant permission is needed) Extension doesn't track any information about you and does not send data anywhere. Chrome Local Storage is used to save your usage data in a simple format. You can issue me on https://github.com/Stigmatoz/web-activity-time-tracker/issues
- (2023-02-05) Eliyahou Cohen: Best time tracker
- (2023-01-24) Jesus Felipe Chavarro Munoz: Nice, ad free and open source. <3
- (2022-12-18) Dale 2: Very helpful, it's hard to know just how much time you're spending on the internet daily. I first thought I was spending around 1 hour per day, but according to this activity time tracker, I was spending closer to 4 hours daily. Also has many useful features.
- (2022-12-05) Mohit Kumar Singh: I don't usually review extensions but this is so good! One of my BEST Extensions so far! Thankyou so much! ✨
- (2022-11-22) Алевтина Адлерберг: Где обновление???
- (2022-11-12) Harun Sekmen: Basit ve olması gerektiği gibi çalışıyor.
- (2022-11-06) Tube Relevant: I don't usually review extensions but this is so good! One of my BEST Extensions so far! Thankyou so much! ✨
- (2022-10-31) Pascal Guillo: Just installed, very good so far, but what you don't offer to save the data on the cloud (Google Drive or OneDrive for example) ? It will be great to set limit for an account cross computer and not only for user/computer... Thanks
- (2022-10-28) Emmett Daster: Its exactly what I needed, best activity tracker out there
- (2022-10-13) umar ali: Highly Recommended. very useful app. it help me to be more productive.
- (2022-10-11) Ankit: Great extension! Please make a version of it for firefox too🙏🙏
- (2022-10-10) Arpan Bola: I have been searching for something like this for so long... IT IS AMAZING AND HAS EVERYTHING YOU CAN EVER WANT!!!
- (2022-09-21) Kotvič: It really helps with spending less time on bad sites mainly Youtube and makes you at least anxious if you do spend the time here. Only thing I have problem with is the fact it doesn't support measuring time on Disney+ and HBO max in way that it does for Netflix and Youtube. If you add that, it will be divine. Thank you, gl
- (2022-08-30) Valenation: doesnt work
- (2022-08-26) 01V: Would like to add a never stop tracking option for precise monitoring of web usage time (including website movies)
- (2022-08-19) Gurjot Singh: i think it has glithches . i had an video app but i used it 3-4 hours while pausing in between. but this only shows 2.8 hours that meanss it shown only play not paused
- (2022-05-30) Иван Иванов: очень полезное приложение. хорошо видно куда уходит время. и можно настраивать лимиты (чтобы более бережно относиться к своему времени)
- (2022-05-02) Евгений Кержаев: Отличное приложение, не хватает приложения на windows, чтобы охват учёта времени был шире.
- (2022-04-21) Heath “rolltidehero” B.: Great work. Love that it is open-source too.
- (2022-04-19) Kapten adsense: very useful,
- (2022-04-09) Julio Emanuel Sosa Hernandez: Very good
- (2022-03-30) Joel Eli: I've tried out a bunch of time trackers (including ones built into windows) and this is exactly what I was looking for, so simple and does everything I need + great looking! -I'd love to request the ability to turn limits on/off rather then deleting and adding them back again, or maybe turn off for 24hrs feature? (for cases where I need to work on a site longer than my usual daily limit)
- (2022-03-11) Niranjan Krishnamurthy: I really love this extension. It solves two of my biggest problems. It allows me to track my behaviour and set boundaries for sites where I waste time, It's really useful as I have ADHD and I can waste hours on a website without realizing it. But does anyone know how I can export this data into Googlesheets/ csv? Because I don't see the option anywhere.
- (2022-02-25) Haru Toki: I think the time logging is accurate and easily understandable. I like how the time icon updates differently for each site when it is pinned.
- (2022-02-21) Ricardo Abreu: I've spent a few weeks trying out extensions/software for time-tracking web activity and, so far, this is the very best one I came across. Giving it five stars, as it does everything it claims to do very effectively. I do have some suggestions, though: allow for grouping websites into categories during review, or tagging them; Increasing the max. range of tracked days (currently 3 months); and prevent the displaying of the websites you've spent less time on as "Others", in the Common Chart tab. Otherwise, very good extension, I'm getting rid of all other trackers I have and sticking to this one.
- (2022-02-13) Dan: I needed an app that has aggregation features like being able to see weekly overviews for each website. I'd love if there was a way to tag different sites and aggregate the times for a category over the week, day, month, all time. As far as what it does, it does well. Simple, clean UI.
- (2022-01-19) Martin Durco: I do not see the icon in the browser, so I have no possibility to access see the statistics. I went through all the settings twice and tried to click on everything to get it there, but without success.
- (2022-01-11) Jamie Pond: Naturally, a great app. It should come installed default with Chrome. What would make this app really powerful is the ability to set alerts when your running daily/weekly average usage for a given site(s) goes above a given percentage and send a notification. E.g. "Facebook.com has taken up more than 10% of your running daily average use." And, perhaps, at a given time of day (e.g. 9pm): "Well done! You've stayed within your daily use targets!". I get the impression this is a 'neutral' tool for analysis, but I think this kind of functionality would add to the positive impact it can have :) Thanks for your hard work!
- (2021-12-03) Mariela Raven: Really enjoyed it! Wish there was some kind of password that would block the time option so I'm less tempted to give myself more time for websites.
- (2021-11-09) Kyungwhi Sakuwa: I've been searching for a web activity tracker for a while, and nothing beats this remarkable piece of software. The User Interface is clean and intuitive, there's flexibility for users who want it, and perhaps the most astonishing fact of all; it's free. You don't have to log into anything either. Amazing! Thank you, Alex, for demonstrating the incredible power of open-source projects. All the best~ ♪(´▽｀)
- (2021-11-03) Marina: Adorei o app, ele tem exatamente tudo o que eu preciso e um design ótimo! Gostaria de sugerir que seja possível alterar as cores de cada site visitado, de forma conveniente. Por exemplo: deixar todas as redes sociais da mesma cor, de modo que elas sejam somadas no gráfico. Essa pequena mudança facilitaria ainda mais a vida dos usuários.
- (2021-10-03) José Miguel S: Lo que más me gusta de esta extensión es que te muestra un reloj, en su icono en la barra de extensiones, con el tiempo medido en tiempo real. Así adviertes de inmediato si estas pasando más tiempo del deseado en un sitio. ¡Excelente! Y por si fuera poco, también puedes establecer una notificación para sitios específicos.
- (2021-10-01) A Passer-by Matcha lover: SNSの弄りすぎ防止に、めちゃくちゃありがたい拡張機能。オフラインで動作するので、安全面でも他の拡張機能と比べてクリーン。 時間制限が非常に正確で、ブロックしたときの5分間の猶予設定あり(OFFにすることも可能)。ドメイン(サブドメイン)ごとに計測しない設定あり。ダークモードあり。無操作時の計測ストップ機能あり。ブロック以外にも、そっと通知してくれるだけのモードもある。拡張機能のアイコンで、今どれくらい使っているか見れる。動作は軽い。UIは非常にシンプル。
- (2021-09-11) ZYRA LIVE: this extension is much better than any other time trackers out there. It has good visualized stats + limit the time usage on web. A must have exentsion for your browser
- (2021-08-11) jack huang: Thanks for making this extension! :)
- (2021-08-09) Cédric Sütterlin: Great extension that lets you know on what websites you spend the most of your time! It can also notify you, you can disable the tracker for certain sites, ....
- (2021-07-28) RAJVARDHAN GHOSALE: it is the best time tracker i have used ever. i loved it. it is so simple that you just have to add to your extensions and then your work is done now all the remaining work will be done by this extension no sign in and nothing required just download it and its yours. if you are looking for an extension which will simply track time for your of all the websites you visit or you can remove the websites which you dont want that time should be tracked for them or an extension that will give your a overall graph or a pie chart of your daily time then also it is best for your. from my perspective this is best from all perspective. you should use it at least once i guarantee you if you use this you will never go for another time tracking extension.
- (2021-07-25) Lucie Vyskupová: It seems like a great extension but it doesn't track time on videos when it is on full-screen.
- (2021-07-03) Yousef Ibrahim: Very Helpful.
- (2021-06-30) alaska Canyon: please add support local files access . for example show how much time used in read pdfs,play mp3,mp4,...
- (2021-06-20) RAJVARDHAN GHOSALE: IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR AN APP THAT SHOW HOW MUCH TIME YOU SPENT ON EACH WEBSITE THEN THIS IS THE BEST APP YOU HAVE EVER SEEN JUST USE IT YOU WILL LOVE IT.
- (2021-06-11) sai prasad amara: This extension is simply amazing!!!
- (2021-04-19) Souvik Biswas: Thanks for making a great functional app. Really useful!
- (2021-04-19) Soumyadeep Chattopadhyay: Absolutely fantastic extension. Does what it is supposed to, doesn't get in the way of working and the time limits feature is literally a life saver. This extension was the one reason I switched to the open source chromium browser(note that chromium is not google chrome) from Firefox.
- (2021-04-14) Gabriel Crossan: Useful statistics, but it's a real CPU hog unfortunately. If you check Chrome's task manager (not the OS task manager, but the one accessible from Chrome's title bar context menu or Shift+Esc), you'll see that the CPU use is way out of proportion with everything else. For me its CPU load was frequently >30%.
- (2021-03-18) Fazly Alahi Nahid: Working perfectly
- (2021-03-15) Chris Pedersen: Does exactly what it says on the tin, intuitive UI that gives you exactly the information you want with minimal effort. Thank you for making this.
- (2021-02-26) Jonhan Chen: Really well built extension that does exactly what it promises what it'll do, which is rare these days
- (2021-02-24) changtraithaydoi: Good job, I feel my brain is clear because I don't use Facebook more time.
- (2021-02-22) Connor Jiggle: Just a fun little thing to have
- (2023-01-29, v:1.7.1) Aaron McCollum: Can't edit limits
ffs check github a day or two after you push an update
- (2023-01-28, v:1.7.1) Alex: limits
I can't edit limits
- (2023-01-27, v:1.7.1) Camilo Gomez: Stopped working!
Cannot edit limits of time in different websites, and cannot remove previously set time limits.
- (2023-01-23, v:1.7.1) Cas: "Limits" is broken
Cannot edit, remove nor add limits on the the daily restrictions settings (Limits) page.
- (2023-01-17, v:1.7.1) Tania: daily restrictions
cant update and delete daily restrictions limit for different sites
- (2023-01-14, v:1.7.1) Himanshu Mishra: Suggestions and problems.
1.Notifications option not working. 2.Bring back the common chart in 'All time' section also. 3.Increase the time limit from 30 minute to atleast 2 hour in 'stop tracking if no activity detected for- xtime' 4. Give an option to download our activity in an pdf format so we can keep record of the whole year or increase the 'Default range for days' from '3 months' to '1 year' Thanks.
- (2023-01-11, v:1.7.1) Aryan Pant: Color Label
Can you please color the Time Chart like you did Common Chart.
- (2022-12-30, v:1.7.1) Simba Levo: Trying to add a daily restriction of 0minutes for bbc news, but keep bbc iplayer unrestricted
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news blocks the whole of the bbc website, not just /news. What am I doing wrong? Thanks
- (2022-12-26, v:1.7.1) Andrew Jackson: Please show the pie chart on the "ALL-TIME" section
I miss the visualization on the ALL-TIME page, please please please bring it back
- (2022-12-02, v:1.6.9) Sydney Morgan (Syd): what the
how do i see my time? i cant find the option? should be a little more intuitive...
- (2022-11-26, v:1.6.9) LE R: How to see time?
I don't see an icon anywhere even though the option is checked. All I can do is export the csv which shows time on each day in seconds instead of minutes or hours. How do you see your time? Thank you
- (2022-10-11, v:1.6.9) Ankit: Availability in different browsers
Plz make a version for firefox
- (2022-09-08, v:1.6.9) Divyansh Yadav: The time bar , in the time chart is not correct, the time does not align with the minutes given
For me , like there was 2 second gap in activity of a web page , and in reality there wasn't , i took continuously 3 hour class , and it did not record the full hour , and so there was a 2 second gap , and in the time bar that 2 second gap , was shown 5 minutes gap in the time chart , i just want to see that full bar from start to end ,also time = hh:00:00 sometimes does not start from the bottom of the chart , and also can you increase the "Stop tracking if no activity detected for" setting to 2 or 3 hours , because i take class in one go , and so I'm not able to see , and in short get satisfaction of full bar of hours in my educaitonal platform , please
- (2022-09-01, v:1.6.9) Léonard BOSOM: pages counted double
hi, thanks for this extension ; I just saw that when you go to another thumbnail and back to your original page, it counts again this very page, and again and again. It f*d up my stats as I thought it counts a page just once at openning. Is there a way to change that setting? Cheers
- (2022-08-26, v:1.6.9) Kotvič: Dysney+
You should add tracking to Disney+ like there is for Youtube and Netflix.
- (2022-08-20, v:1.6.9) Aditya (Adity): pdf work on edge tracking pleaseee
- (2022-06-17, v:1.6.9) Denis Duchev: Limits does not work
Setting a limit on a website used to wrok flawlessy, but for some reason it has stopped now. It does not matter what time I put for the website or how I write the website, the block page does not show up. I also tried uninstalling the extension
- (2022-06-09, v:1.6.9) Heath (Laryngectomee.eth): Thank you! One question though...
I use different browsers at work and at home... Even different browsers for different reasons. How can I combine these JSON exports so that I can sync them up every week or so by importing the combined exports?
- (2022-03-30, v:1.6.9) Joel Eli: Change Timezone?
Is it possible to change the timezone? I work nightshifts, meaning the limits (and tracking) technically reset during the middle of my work day!
- (2022-03-11, v:1.6.9) Niranjan Krishnamurthy: How do I export data as csv or to Googlesheets?
Right now, I'm doing it manually and I'm losing a lot of productive hours as a result. Please help.
- (2022-03-08, v:1.6.9) Ivan Risk: Colored bars in time chart
Hi! I really like your extension, and the "time chart" is a really cool feature but in its current state it is much less useful for me compared to how it can be, as all the bars on that graph are have the same fill color. So what I propose is to make bars in "time chart" with different fill color depending on what site it represents (e.g. sort of like you did it in "common chart"), so they could be more easily distinguishable and there will be more than one way to differentiate them (only way now is to hover on them to show a hint with site's URL). It would be really nice if you implement this.
- (2022-02-18, v:1.6.9) Applicable in incognito mode or not?
Does the app/extension also tracks the sites that you visit in incognito mode?
- (2021-12-24, v:1.6.9) Samantha Hong: Incognito
Hello! I love this app so much, thanks for all the hard work! It would be great if the site blocker would also track time spent in incognito, I find myself escaping there once a time limit runs out.
- (2021-11-26, v:1.6.9) Shamarski Simon: Tracking File URLs
I would suggest adding the ability to track time from file URLs, as several files can be opened in the browser (for example, pdf files). This way, a user can truly have an accurate representation of the time spent in the browser.
- (2021-11-21, v:1.6.9) Mike D: Use wild cards or keywords / Group domains together
Hi, Is is possible to use keywords or wildcards when adding sites for limits or notification? In addition, would it be possible to add option to group sites together so they all count for the same time?
- (2021-11-07, v:1.6.9) Scott Andersen: for parents/ password protect time limit
Love this app, a huge suggestion: provide a password protect to turn on/off the limit. I want to limit my kids time on certain sites (particularly youtube). There is no other app that does this well, and Im POSITIVE there are a lot of parents who need this, and a lot of tricky kiddos. Adding this feature would be amazing. Thanks!
- (2021-09-30, v:1.6.8) Ben Cormier: Named Windows
Hey there, Your time tracker reports my time based on the url, which basically reads at "gmail" "meet" "calendar" "docs" "sheets" etc I actually name my tab sets based on the task/client, can you add support for a breakout by named tabset window? It would be hugely valuable.
- (2021-09-13, v:1.6.7) Daniel Ventura: Streaming other than Netflix/YouTube
Hello Love the extension, just wondering if the monitoring of YouTube and Netflix could be extended to other sites, such as Stan, FoxtelGo, Amazon Prime, Disney Plus etc.
- (2021-09-04, v:1.6.7) 24 SANKEERTH BANAGAR: limits-extension
hi dev, the app is really great but and works perfectly fine. i would love it even more if the 'set aside for 5 minutes' was disabled or there was an option to limit the set aside time period. hope you will take this into consideration.
- (2021-08-18, v:1.6.7) Darren Coleman: Obtain data for date ranges
Is it possible to set date ranges for tracking. At the moment it's possible to set dates but you get the time spent on each website for each day in that range. I'm just after a total figure for each site during that date range. if that's possible, please?
- (2021-08-17, v:1.6.7) Adam S.: Export/Move the Data
Hi "Alex". I've enjoyed using Web Activity Time Tracker for well over a year now. The app is great and I love it. However, I am thinking about moving over to a time tracker with more robust functionality to measure my time spent on the computer in more detail. How could I go about finding and exporting all the data from the tracker? Would it be in a format that I could then import into another application? If that doesn't work, it would be nice to make a backup of this data. Again, no complaint about the app. Its an awesome tool. Just think its time for me to upgrade beyond what this offers.
- (2021-08-11, v:1.6.7) Marco Abrar: Limit all websites
How do I put a time limit on all websites? Thank you!
- (2021-07-31, v:1.6.7) Nathanael Owen: Whitelist
Hello, this is a really great App. Would it or is it already possible to create a whitelist of sites to track so only sites on the whitelist are tracked? I would like to allow my employees to keep track of when they are using our CMS or their emails but I don't want them to accidentally track their use of other sites. Ideally it would only track their usage when the site is in the active tab and they are not idle. Thanks Nathan
- (2021-07-31, v:1.6.7) Pradeep Parajuli: Not giving correct time
It doesn't add time of sites, when video is on full screen mode.
- (2021-07-27, v:1.6.7) Abhinav Arya: AUTOMATICALLY SAVED HISTORY GOT DELETED
Sir mine issue is I was using this extension since last 1 month and suddenly today when I opened my desktop the previous complete data was deleted. Very sad to say that this extension didn't met my acceptations. If you have any source to get back the deleted data, please help me. Waiting eagerly for reply Abhinav Arya
- (2021-07-22, v:1.6.7) Sam Porter: Limits
Recently, you added the feature to ignore limits for 5 minutes which in my humble opinion defeats the purpose of the limits feature because you can always extend it. Could you an option to turn off the button that extends the limit for 5 minutes?
- (2021-07-19, v:1.6.7) Chris Baumbach: time reset
What time does the extension reset and can you make it so we can enter a time off set.
- (2021-07-10, v:1.6.7) Outis Nemo: local files
Hey; I regularly spend time reading local files like PDFs in Chrome, would be great with an option to grant permission for the tracker to read that as well.
- (2021-07-08, v:1.6.7) Junaid Lakdawala: Suggestion
Hi Developer, This Web time tracker Extension is great so far, but there is one thing I would like you to amend. Please get a option to disable "Set aside for 5 minutes" option after time limit extends. Please do it soon, then It would be the best extension for me and every person who wants to be productive. Hoping you'll understand our situation, Thank you!
- (2021-06-04, v:1.6.4) Jack G: Extend youtube limited time for another 5 minutes doesn't work
I click on the button at the bottom to browser for another 5 minutes but the page refreshes and gose back to the same over time limit page
- (2021-05-16, v:1.6.4) Satendra Pal Singh: SUGGESTION
Hi kindly add an option to disable that "Set aside for 5 minutes" option or remove it completely. It affects productivity as you end up spending more time on that website
- (2021-04-13, v:1.6.2) Martin: Cross-account tracking
Hi, I use two "persons" in chrome. One for work and another one for private stuff. Is it possible to track both in one account? :) Currently, I just see the time tracked in my work account. All the best and thank you!
- (2021-04-05, v:1.6.2) Hrishikesh Patel: Temporary Turn off button
Hey Dev, superb extension. It's a suggestion to add a temporary turn off button on the dropdown list. Also if you want to add the feature that it should get turned off automatically at specific time of the dat , or turn off for specific hours/minutes by input (i.e. on command when needed )
- (2021-03-28, v:1.6.0) Ingrid Chan: notifications
the notifications dont seem to show up even after specified time interval. why?
- (2021-03-18, v:1.6.0) Little Knight: deleted data
I have accidentally deleted my web time data and I can not get it back is there a way to get it back. also, I have not made a back up of it
- (2021-02-04, v:1.5.3) Andrew Wang: Bypass time limits
Love the extension! It would be great if there was a feature that enables you to use a website after you've reached your limit if you need to, e.g. use for another 10 minutes (similar to Apple's downtime feature), perhaps with the option of adding an effortful task to disincentivize this (like typing out a short paragraph without mistakes) Another unrelated feature I was thinking of is customizable notifications for individual sites
- (2021-01-28, v:1.5.3) Trevor Liability: how does the video time tracker work
does it count the time watching video even when chrome isnt in focus? it doesnt seem to be working
- (2020-12-19, v:1.5.3) 代江雨: I hope that the exported data can also be visualized.
Can I add the function of exporting PDF or images? Can TIME CHART also be represented by different color blocks? Data visualization is very important, and I hope to see it after exporting.
- (2020-12-18, v:1.5.3) Why, tho: Websites for DOM
Hello, I am very new to using your application and I am loving it so far. I noticed you had options to track activity spent watching a video on Netflix / Youtube. I was wondering if you could also consider adding Hulu.com and Disneyplus.com to the list.
- (2020-12-17, v:1.5.2) Gangatharran V L: Website Timer Per Session along with per day limit...!
1. Say, 1.5hrs per day but 20minutes per session 2. Instead of manual custom Notification, make it at every said interval for every sites or for the listed sites 3. After the completion of the 1st hour, the icon update after 2nd hour instead make it 1.1h,1.2h,... Thanks & Good luck...