A minimal, less attention grabbing, internet experience.
! EXPERIMENTAL ! This extension is in beta for chromium based browsers and so, might not work properly. You can help by reporting issues here: https://gitlab.com/aupya/minimal/issues Minimal is a browser extension to experience a minimal, less attention grabbing internet experience. Internet should be a tool, not a trap. Minimal is driven by core values: <ul> <li>The user must actively make choices by themselves.</li> <li>A user should easily find the content they are searching for on a page, not the content a platform wants them to see.</li> <li>A service provider can convince the user to use their platform, but only through their services' inner quality.</li> </ul> To get a complete list of the changes made to the user experience by the minimal browser extension, check the <a href="https://minimal.aupya.org/#about_changes">changes page</a>. Those changes are following <a href="https://gitlab.com/aupya/minimal/-/blob/master/MANIFESTO.md">minimal's manifesto</a>. This extension is being developed for the greater good, its an open source project, you can check the code and contribute here: <a href="https://gitlab.com/aupya/minimal">https://gitlab.com/aupya/minimal</a>. Some details to know: - All product and company names are trademarks™ or registered® trademarks of their respective holders. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by them. - This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. - Minimal is fully transparent about what it does once installed, being open source and well documented. Minimal has no effect on the website themselves, minimal is an add-on that allows you to customize your experience while browsing on the internet. - Minimal does not collect any data. - Your browser will require you to add permissions for minimal to access hundreds of websites (most of them being the same websites but with different top level domain extensions, for instance www.example.com and www.example.fr). Most add-ons ask the permission to access to all the websites you visit. We chose to get permissions only for the websites minimal supports. For your information, those permissions are necessary for minimal to be able to add the style-sheets and the scripts needed for its functioning. If this requirement frighten you, it's a good thing, you should not accept to give permissions that easily. In the case of Minimal, you should know that it is an open-source add-on, everyone is free and invited to check its source code. If you encounter any problem while using minimal, please <a href="https://gitlab.com/aupya/minimal/issues">create a new issue</a>. If you spot something that you think minimal should act upon on a common website let us know by <a href="https://gitlab.com/aupya/minimal/issues">creating a ticket here</a>.
- (2021-08-21) Elienai Assis: Love it. can we get settings? such as the option to not fade the thumbnails from the main page of youtube?
- (2021-08-06) The Apologetic Noob: I love it This extenstion makes the flow last more longer I can do alot of things I have a suggestion tho Can you add this on mobile?
- (2021-07-27) Josh Ravelo: Genius concept for those with social media addiction like me. I hope more sites are added in the future, and Microsoft Edge Addon support as well.
- (2021-07-14) causticflame: The developers of this are wonderful and beautiful human beings ! Thank you for helping to make the internet benefit users and our mental health and not companies :)
- (2021-06-29) Bishoujo Punch: Beautiful.
- (2021-03-24) A. B.: This is fantastic. If you're considering expanding the list of sites, would you consider Twitter? The almost-real-time numerical alert for notification and messages use behavioral psychology to raise their engagement metrics. All the likes on tweets are behavioral psych rewards to drive desired behavior.
- (2021-03-22) Benjamin H: Excellent !!
- (2021-03-12) Olly Stedall: One word. Indispensable.
- (2021-02-28) Fidelis Akilan: one of best extensions to have, thanks dev.
- (2021-02-16) chris: This extension is great and I install it everywhere but I wish it had a toggle switch.
- (2019-02-25) 유태종: One of five extensions I always install everywhere.
- (2021-03-08, v:0.5) Sergey Strokov: stopped working on youtube
First of all - thanks for this wonderful extension. Fantastic job! So, the issue is that now the youtube tiles on the main page are just faded instead of being completely gone. It started in the beginning of March. Would be great if you could look at it. Thank you :3
- (2019-06-10, v:0.1.4) Elienai Assis: option to show youtube playlist
maybe an option to hide/show the playlist while on a youtube video?
- (2019-02-26, v:0.1.4) 유태종: YouTube Autoplay switch not visible
YouTube autoplay is on by default and I cannot turn it off.