An assistant to help you boost your reading speed!
Pacer speed reading is nothing more than a visual guide that guide your eyes across as well as down lines of text. Using a pacer speed reading has many benefits. By guiding your reading, your eyes are forced into moving in the direction of the pacer. In other words, pacer speed reading forces your eyes to focus when and where you want them to focus. With pacer speed reading, it’s nearly impossible to lose your place on a page and it’s a lot easier to advance to each successive line. All of this helps increase reading speed. Since pacer speed reading involves using other parts of the body, it’s easier to stay alert while reading and that helps improve concentration, too. Fingers, hands, plastic rulers and cards aren’t very effective when trying to speed read on screen. That's why pacer speed reading is created to help. Just simply click START button then click on any text you want to read, a highlighting pacer will appear and move with a speed you want. It stops when reaching the end of a paragraph. Click on the next paragraph to continue. The pacer speed, its color and movement are customizable in the browser action popup. Show popup by clicking on pacer speed reading icon on browser toolbar. Pacer speed reading doesn't require any special permission. It's open-sourced.
- (2022-03-11) Muhammad Talha Ehsan: Really amazing extension
- (2021-07-15) Anonymous G: No words would be enough to say about it. Really loved it!!!!!
- (2021-02-22) Mani Hamidi: Nice, been looking for something like this... I wish there were some keyboard shortcuts to activate, start, pause, re-start from paused position, and move the highlighter back and forth when paused. is this a possibility? is it easy to implement? is the project open source? can we/the community help implement this? Thanks!
- (2020-12-12) Noam Sl: Very easy to use, minimal and working
- (2020-11-01) milan vanbussel: its seems like a nice tool but for me it does not work on pdf in chrome
- (2020-10-06) Julian Barazzutti: is simple and useful, you can see your progress on speed reading by comparing your starting speed with your actual speed of reding.
- (2020-07-25) Ibrahim Aliagan: Very efficient
- (2020-04-15) Gary Wetzel: Much better than RSVP for me, I lose context when looking at individual words in one place. Forcing me to follow the flow of the article, helps me maintain context. thanks
- (2019-09-03) Stefane Guevremont: Super Cool!!! I love it!
- (2019-04-02) alp: cool thank you
- (2019-02-10) Tri Mai Minh: That is very useful!
- (2020-10-26, v:0.0.4) Tejas Sadavarte: Pacer not moving forward
After i click on start the pacer from extension and when i click on the word from where i want to start The word is getting selected, but the pacer is not moving forward Can you please help in this many thanks in advance
- (2020-04-21, v:0.0.4) Piyush Kumar: Pause button.
Hello, I have been looking for an app like this for PC. I see tremendous potential for this app because I just tried it with my study material online and it works, except when you need to pause, because there's no pause button. I added a keyboard shortcut to start it, but I can't pause. It would be great, if I could pause it using some keyboard shortcuts. So far, shiftreader(another chrome extension) does the same job almost perfectly, except unlike your extension, opens up a separate window with text from the page. Your app does it better, because I can start the pacer on the website itself without opening another window.
- (2020-03-20, v:0.0.4) A T: Great Extension, but...
This is an excellent extension for Chrome, one of the best I've come across. However, I do have a suggestion. Can you make it so that the pacer speed is measured by words per minute rather than by steps per minute. Thank you so much for your work.
- (2020-01-08, v:0.0.4) Kelly D Myers: is there a version that works with Word, Txt, or PDF documents?
is there a version that works with Word, Txt, or PDF documents?
- (2019-09-02, v:0.0.3) Stefane Guevremont: Suggestions for a Really Interesting Extension
Very useful and I've been looking for something like this for a while. Some suggestions: • Hotkeys for Start and Stop • Show pace in Words/Minute instead of milliseconds • Option for number of words highlighted per step • When the user has not selected any text before starting, have the pacer run through the whole page instead of stopping at the end of each paragraph (or possibly have an option to choose). Cheers!