This extension Improves Saleforce formula editor
Want a better formula editor for Salesforce? - With Syntax highlighting - Field and Metadata autocomplete - Live snippets & Documentation - Tabulation support - lightning compatible - ... Betterformula is opensource to allow for full transparency and community contribution. UPDATE: - Removed local from autocomplete - Added autocomplete for parenthesis as well as some more related functionality - Fixed ctr-z making editor blank
- (2019-08-13) Rich Spitz: This is a great tool. Its something that Salesforce should implement right away. The one minor comment that I have is there is no word wrap, otherwise I would have given it 5 stars. Its a tool everyone should have. Kudos
- (2019-07-26) Ryan Moody: Does literally nothing.
- (2019-04-23) Yi Pan: awesome plugin!
- (2018-12-21) Greg Finzer: Wonderful autocomplete for formulas and fields. Great job!
- (2018-09-12) Stephanie Foerst: It's removing parts of my formula. So not at all helpful.
- (2018-07-22) Maroívo Caldeira: Nada funcional.....
- (2018-05-16) Andreas Epping: Does only work if user language of Salesforce is set to English. Does only work on Formula fields and not for example on validation rules.
- (2018-04-26) Jason Hardy: It's extremely helpful for formula fields. I would love to see the functionality extended to workflow formulas as well.
- (2017-12-14) Michele H: I love this extension. I have a few suggestions that would make it even better. 1. The parenthesis matching is helpful, but hard to see. If you put the box around both the beginning and ending parentheses and made it a brighter color and a solid box or thicker line (versus the super thin white outline) it would be much easier to see. 2. Make the formula editor window expandable so you can resize it to see more of your formula. 3. When you quick save a formula, it takes you back to the Advanced Formula tab, it would be nice if you remained on the Better Formula tab if that is where you were when clicking quick save. 4. Make it available when writing validation rules and workflow rules. I love your so much, I will actually start a test field to write the formula, and then will paste it into the other editor. I am not sure if all of these are possible, but just some thoughts. Thanks for making such a useful tool and it's lightning compatible to boot!
- (2017-11-13) Michael: Thanks for adding auto parenthesis!! It would be amazing if this was available when editing apex data as well!
- (2017-11-08) Mark Calixto: Read about the tool on the salesforce sub. Very useful!