Shades Chrome to a soothing orange color to decrease eye-strain, eye fatigue and to appease your brain's day/night cycle.
Now open source! Check out the source code and contribute here: https://github.com/MarcGuiselin/screen-shader 😁Do your eyes a favor, Install Screen Shader! 😍The most popular screen tinting application for Chrome! 🧐This extension is in not endorsed by or affiliated to f.lux Software LLC. Computer displays produce bright blue light which can strain your eyes late at night and interfere with your sleeping cycle. Screen Shader is designed to tint your computer display a “cozy” orange color to reduce eye-strain, eye fatigue, and restore day/night balance, while also providing a wide variety of settings for everyone's different tastes! With over two months of very hard work I present version 2.0! ⭐A completely redesigned modern menu! ⭐A completely new shading algorithm based off the newest research ⭐Full control over geopositioning, color, and darkness settings ⭐Bug fixes for countless websites ⭐Optimized to never slow chrome down 👌Works everywhere you'd expect it to. YouTube, Facebook, Reddit, you name it! 👍Continually tested on windows, mac, and chrome OS, and is constantly being bugfixed and updated with feedback from its users. 🤟Includes these keyboard shortcuts to control the shade: ALT SHIFT UP to increase ALT SHIFT DOWN to decrease ALT SHIFT S to toggle on or off And many more! Edit them in the menu. 📨Send me an email, or comment here. I'll usually reply in a day or two! 😀 Be sure to read the research that this extension is based off of: https://justgetflux.com/research.html 📞Contact me at [email protected] ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Rate this extension Ｑ: I'm young and have good eyes. I don't need this. Ａ: Young teens may be twice as sensitive to light at night, and the elderly much less so. These results have important implications for schools, senior care, and device usage at night, too. Simply put: everyone has a use for this and will notice benefits from decreased blue light. Ｑ: Why not G.lux or Night Light? Ａ: Other extensions like G.Lux or Night Light just change your display's color. Screen Shader is the only extension available that smartly changes the color of your screen throughout the day using sunset/sunrise times! Research has proven that the circadian rhythm is tied to solar time. Individuals have shown greater preference for screen tinting applications that take that into account. Ｑ: Does this really remove blue light from my display? Ａ: Yup! Screens work by individually tweaking the amount of red, green, and blue each pixel of your emits. Pixels being the small square of colors that together form the image. Screen Shader alters the coloration of websites to a redder color. To show these colors, the display will tweak its pixels to show more red light, less green light, and considerably less blue light; but just enough so you can still see different colors. The more you increase the shade, the more the color of the website will be reddened, the less your computer display will emit blue light! Ｑ: Why do I need this? Can’t I simply change my screen's brightness? Ａ: Changing the luminosity does not remove white and blue light from your display. Those colors are still unnatural and will irritate your eyes, even if dimmed. A full day in front of your computer can wreak havoc upon your melatonin cycle and internal clock. The unnatural light can also harm your eye retina. Screen Shader is designed to considerably reduce these effects by eliminating enough white and blue light to provide you with the best browsing experience and eye comfort. Update log: 2.1: Update to manifest v3 General optimizations Many more site fixes Add shade fullscreen (making it optional) 2.0: Everything is coded from scratch! New menu - very nice Fixes bugs on countless websites New shading algorithm Manually set your location Better optimized shading engine Just try it out! 1.7: Fixes for pages using buggy backdrops and backgrounds. Big speed optimization for bug fixing subsystem. Fixed bug with 10px bar at the top of websites Force-loads itself on every tab when it loads up, so every tab is tinted :) Can safely work in incognito mode (if you enable it to do so on chrome://extensions) The party easter egg was unfortunately removed because too many people were running into it accidentally Fixed issues on xml documents Fixed issues with lastpass extension Fixed scrollbar issues in upcoming chrome versions Now works with podStation Podcast Player, another great extension you should totally try out! Fixed incompatibility issues with norton security extensions. Save extension settings to a file and load settings from save file. Added new shortcuts Fixed a bunch of visual bugs on a variety of websites. Other various bug fixes. 1.6: Works on anything fullscreen! Content scripts have been rewritten to pure js. No more JQuery! Won't accidentally mess with your printing anymore Polished the cross-extension messaging feature Will now stay off if you turned it off and close the browser Bugs with newtab page should now be fixed Option to disable party mode and scroll shortcut New keyboard shortcuts to increase/decrease darkness A few bug fixes (of course) 1.5: New option to set shade as high as you desire. No White Flash script implemented Fixed bugs with the new interface Added donation page. Using chrome.commands api, so now you can create your own keyboard shortcuts! Added a ton of new keyboard shortcuts. A lot of bugfixing. 1.4: Fixed printing issue for google docs Added a cool dynamic icon changer Switched from hex color values and opacity to rgba color values(150% faster!) Fixed blinking bug when using the ctrl alt + shortcut Compressed unnecessarily large images. -1.4 MB size! Completely new and improved UI, thanks Jeeves! Mix-blend-mode option for chrome. 20% cooler! 1.3: Fixed bug where the settings menu did not display correctly Switched to a more reliable geo-ip service Completely rewrote the shaded scrollbar, so it is now usable. 1.2: Fixed slowness issues on slow computers like chromebooks Removed a good portion of the unnecessary code used for debugging Improved the loading speed of the popup by running some scripts after the popup loads Redid loader for map display Removed console.logs Updated sendRequests to sendMessages for next chrome update Changed the 'Thank you' page to be more visually appealing 1.1: Finally! I updated/removed old code, improving performance. Added ctrl alt scroll shortcut, and now keyboard shortcuts affect all tabs Added the language option Fixed a few bugs relating to the custom url option Wrote a global system that manages shading settings on every tab simultaneously When settings are changed, it affects all the tabs at the same time, so you don't see a blink or a flash when you change tabs Page reload is no longer required on install 1.0: Uploaded to web store. yay :D Added fullscreen mode Added shaded scrollbar Added custom urls option Added a larger color selection interface + a new color picking menu Added a install page to thank you guys for downloading the extension! Proud to be Ad and Analytics free :) Time article: http://healthland.time.com/2012/09/13/computer-eye-strain-explained-and-how-to-avoid-it/ I am in no way endorsed by or affiliated to Time inc or its partners. The article was written by Laura Newcomer
- (2023-10-19) go hirano: 長く使ってきて、これまでは起きなかったけど、皆さんはどうですか？というのは、Google DocsやSheetなどで印刷するとプレビューが白紙になり、そして白紙がプリンターから出てきます。最初原因がわからなかったけど、背景も印刷する、指定するお夕焼け色の背景とともに印刷したい書類がプレビューに現れる。ということは、印刷したいイメージが背景として扱われてしまっている。だから印刷されない。夕焼け色だったので、Screen Shaderを外してみると、印刷出来ました。小さなバグなんだろうけど、解決までにFirefoxで試してみたり、気がつけばなるほどこの拡張機能のせいだよな、とわかるけど。お知らせまで。この問題がなければ、夜の目には良いので3つをつけてありますが、いまは使ってません。解決すれば使うと思います。
- (2023-10-02) Andrea Haller: I used to love this extension! Now it is causing all sorts of issues on chrome. My pages will suddenly switch places, the screen will only be partially shaded, one of my screens will show up on the the other screen, and there will be colorful lines across the screen. As soon as I removed the extension all of these issues went away.
- (2023-09-26) Clark Heidi: The four stars are for how awesome this extension is when it works. MY problem is that I use a combination of a 2015 Macbook Pro, a Mac Mini, and a Windows PC at various work stations. This extension works wonderfully for the second two, but on my Macbook laptop, it turns both the background and text black and I can't see anything at all on my open tabs. On my other two computers I am able to click the icon and adjust the settings, but on my Macbook when I click the icon, it's just a narrow bar that opens up, and there are links (Shade, Color, Location, Settings) that change when I hover over them, but nothing happens when I click on them. What this means is that SEVERAL TIMES PER DAY, I am uninstalling this extension so that I can see what I am doing (at all) while working on my laptop, then reinstalling it when I work at my other two computers. Which so far, I have put up with. But it's extremely annoying.
- (2023-09-17) jsph: Hace lo que promete. Muy recomendada si no te gusta tener el modo oscuro
- (2023-08-29) Little Hadlie: Amazing extension, however for some reason when i tried to click autofind, my antivirus went off .. why is that there?? what do you need that for? good shader though 9/10 (-1 for there being a virus)
- (2023-08-14) Witty Humour: When you have to read for a prolonged amount of time, this Chrome plugin is really beneficial for decreasing eye strain.
- (2023-06-14) Adam Wade: This is a game changer if you have glaucoma. Your eyes will thank you.
- (2023-05-29) Angel S: Great Use as Dyslexia Colour Overlay I've been looking for a colour overlay extension for ages to change the colour on a PDF for ages. I used to use the "Colour overlay" extension but that was actually so bad and not compatible with either Linux or Vivaldi. Today I finally came across "Screen Shader" and it has finally happened a fully browser compatible overlay that even works on pdf. You can change it to any colour and I was just looking for a nightlight initially because my colour is yellow and that's basically what a night light does. But this is like putting any colour of your plastic overlay on your screen.
- (2023-05-27) Alis B Ward: This extension was lovely until I realized it doesn't turn off when disabled. It kept modifying and breaking the UI of outlook online, etc. while definitely toggled to the 'Disabled' position. Bummer! Could have been a great tool for light sensitivities.
- (2023-05-19) Mac Woodruff: This makes it much easier for me to read without causing eye-strain and migraines
- (2023-05-18) Kanhaiya Kumar: useful
- (2023-04-02) Miika Ampe: i really wish it worked for me, i have an older macbook and this practically made it explode after adding it. i hadnt even applied it to any websites yet. it kept heating up and up for minutes after i uninstalled it. i believe it works, which is why i gave it more than one star, but they need to fix how much energy or whatever it takes.
- (2023-03-12) Maisha Disha: this a really good one..I love it! thank you for making it!
- (2023-02-14) Jarett Drucker: Marc Guiselin, developer of Screen Shader, is a GENIUS! This guy really knows how to shade a screen. I can't believe my eyes, they no longer burn like the fire of a thousand suns! I am getting 80, and even 90% ratings on my circadian response meter, and it is all thanks to Screen Shader! Thank you Marc Guiselin, I owe you my life and I will PayPal you $10,000.
- (2022-12-03) Alexandra LaFon: The greatest thing ever! It helps me sustain focus on whatever I'm working on. Other screen tinting products and features don't do enough, I would still get headaches like it was a regular screen. BUT SCREEN SHADER CHANGED EVERYTHING. NOW I WANT to look at my computer and work on assignments, even boring things. This is a college MUST-HAVE. I've stopped dreading my computer and have greatly increased my productivity, and I can easily still sleep after. This is amazing. Screen Shader has changed my life. Thank you so much Marc Guiselin and the crew of wizards!
- (2022-11-15) Chris Scott: Does not work on the pages where it is needed most like Chrome bookmarks, google search, new tab etc.
- (2022-11-05) Stephanie Liy: Works perfectly with no issues, and the extension is well supported (not common!). I work in IT and spend the bulk of my day online. Since installing, I've had a huge reduction in the daily headaches I was dealing with. Very very happy with this extension!
- (2022-10-22) Danilo: It works as I expected
- (2022-10-04) Ian Chaplin: It has helped my eyes so much at night time. Before i installed this extension, i could only be on my pc for a few hours before i had to get off because my eyes just start to hurt.
- (2022-09-17) Jason James Cooper: Before i installed the Screen Shader app Yo, my eyes would bother me sofa-king bad they would mad itch and constantly and tears ran down my face even my tear ducts became swollen! when using my Samsung Chromebook with a small 12 inch screen... now that I'm using Screen Shader no more problems at all with eyestrain I would recommend this app to anyone that has similar problems! and a big -time thanks to the person the developed this app. thank you singed Jason J Cooper
- (2022-09-08) Anna Laura McGranahan: My eyes definitely felt less strained after using this, but it made all of my screenshots look weird. I need to be able to share screenshots often for work and they all had the orangey tint.
- (2022-08-12) Ashish Saket: Exactly what I was looking for. Great work for saving world's eyes. 👁 Thank you!
- (2022-07-11) Rik van den Reijen: The most beautifully designed browser I have ever seen! It would be great to be able to also change the start and end times.
- (2022-07-08) Jai Dev: Nice extension when you work for a long time & also at night. Full satisfied extension. Overall :) HAPPY
- (2022-07-07) Cehlo Soares: Muito bom! Acabei de baixar a extensão, parece funcionar muito bem e tem alguns recursos bem uteis.
- (2022-06-29) Wo De: Hello. Thank you for your work to make this extension. I have a question. Why I have to reload page to enable this extension every time. Can't it work by itself?
- (2022-06-13) Swirlheart YTV: Extension works great. Chromebook nightlight is really glitchy and this is a great substitute. However, one of the only thing that doesn't adapt to the settings I set is the panel itself. Meaning, if I want to adjust the screen, I'm going to have to go through a page of blinding white.
- (2022-06-09) Eriadna Duca: do as promess. well done
- (2022-06-06) youtubesucks 2021: Simple with few options but I like it. It's much easier to look at the screen.
- (2022-05-21) Ashes Ghosal: awesome app. probably best app possible for eye strain reduction.
- (2022-03-20) Jerzy Glabicki: Access to more selectable colors than Night Shift Redux.
- (2022-03-13) Sahaj Uttam: definitely better than windows in built night light. Gives a lot of customizing features for variable cases. The colors are soothing and much more comfortable to eyes than the windows night light option.
- (2022-03-09) pepe ga: great!
- (2022-02-07) David: Obviously, I must be stupid but I don't understand how it works or what the various presets are supposed to do. For me, it doesn't have anything to do with the time of the day. I just want to take the edge off the brightness of the screen. I shall have to uninstall it and find an extension that just does that without giving me lots of complicated options I don't understand the purpose of.
- (2022-01-14) Alex Johnson: Saving my eyes. Best extension I've literally ever found. Have severe myopia and astigmatism.
- (2021-12-30) Julia Walker: Concept is brilliant but it keeps just not working, I want to use the colours to make reading easier and they just aren't affecting the page
- (2021-10-15) Andrey Podzemsky: Яндекс.Браузер заблокировал установку потенциально опасного расширения ("Screen Shader | Smart Screen Tinting")
- (2021-10-06) Semolous Van Dess: Would be better if it didn't mess with video playback. When I try to go fulscreen this extension forces youtube videos to be whited out, and on streaming services, the videos won't play at all.
- (2021-08-30) Bill Coyne: For years I fruitlessly chased color darkeners to ease my reading the screen. They helped, but not to the extent that this one does. Although the screen did not darken as much as I was accustomed to, my eyes immediately feel more relaxed with the experience. That the shade is easily adjustable is a comforting bonus.
- (2021-08-16) YEETIS GAMING: Best app for those who look at screens at night, highly recommend, 5 stars!!!!!
- (2021-07-28) Mukundh Babu: Very nice.....I attend classes and i loveeee it . Reduces eye strain by a large scale
- (2021-07-28) Cherry Gaming: I like it, but it would be better if you can enable it only on one website since I'm kind of using this for reading Edit: Never mind, I figured out how to do it, I really like the extension. Helps on reducing eye strain when reading online.
- (2021-07-15) Mex Mexes: In the beginning, it works fine. Then, it's not working.
- (2021-06-16) Jack Slobodian: Its ok but relatively limited in use. I highly recommend anyone try Color Temperature (Change Lux) instead.
- (2021-06-09) Sagittarius: High CPU usage when playing videos
- (2021-05-12) Amelia W.: Great idea to have customizable colors. Bright green is thought to relieve eye strains caused by migraines, and with this I can try that out. Thanks
- (2021-04-23) ねろ: 使い始めたばかりです。 簡単で使いやすいけど、一瞬暗くなります。なぜ？ …履歴を削除したら今の所治まっています。
- (2021-04-18) Cary Plummer: A much better solution than Dark Mode for these old eyes. I set on Reduce Eye Strain and made no changes.
- (2021-04-11) Nishan: Best extension of this type in Chrome. Really helped me through the intense reading time. Thank you developers.
- (2021-03-23) test christina: In general this extension is great. But have found on some webpages. When I try to use it some of the page doesn't load any content. But If I uninstall and then load the page and then reinstall it does work.
- (2023-10-21, v:2.1.1) 交光: Conflict issues with other plugins
This plugin conflicts with a plugin called "SimpRead" and SimpRead will not work in reading mode if both are turned on. Requests for compatibility with the following SimpRead are greatly appreciated!
- (2023-09-15, v:2.1.1) Ronathan Worth: Color flickers and elements poke through
After the last chrome update, as I move my mouse around, the element I'm hoovering over will "show through" the shader. Refreshing the page resets the shader and makes it appear correctly. It occasionally flashes as well which makes it a little worse than just dealing with the bright tone. I appreciate this extension and have used it over a year it helps a lot with my migraines I hope it gets fixed!
- (2023-09-06, v:2.1.1) Jochen Beu: tuchpad driver
tuchpad on my chrromebook
- (2023-08-07, v:2.1.1) Gancarz PL: 24 hour setting
I give it a thought and think that it would be fantastic if we had the option of setting it as permanent 24 hour setting. I would definitely use it.
- (2023-08-07, v:2.1.1) Gancarz PL: Setting
I wish I could turn it on two hours before sunset or set it as a permanent setting.
- (2023-08-02, v:2.1.1) Niall Gunning: Issues with Screenshader and Outlook
Hi, First off, thanks for creating such an amazing extension. I've been having problems with outlook online for a few months. I turned off extensions one by one and it turned out screenshader was the culprit. It was working brilliantly otherwise. It causes the top ribbon to disappear after sending an email, meaning contstantly having to refresh the page. I wonder is it possible to disable Screenshader for particular websites, the way you can with AdBlock for example? Thanks for your help. Kind regards, Niall Gunning
- (2023-03-05, v:2.1.1) Zyan Ryx X: Not able to see any options
Hello I'm not able to see any options for the App to control the shade .. Increase decrease intensity .. choose overlay colour etc ..
- (2023-02-28, v:2.1.1) Tina Day-sloop (Tina): how do I delete
I really don't care for the app. how do I uninstall it??
- (2022-12-08, v:2.1.0) Chris Scott: disable on full screen
Hello, I can not see how to disable the extention in fullscreen. We use it on out tv/media computer for movies. Great for navigation websites but when a full screen movie is watched it still applies the filter. Thank you, Jon
- (2022-11-20, v:2.1.0) JJ H.: Is there a way to enable it on google search?
This is a question/suggestion. If google doesn't allow it, why don't you create a desktop version?
- (2022-07-29, v:2.0.90) miguel r: menu
No encuentro el menu para editar la extension
- (2021-12-03, v:2.0.80) Evelien Heijdens: Screen shader doesn't work on pdfs
Hi! I love your screen shader! However, it doesn't work for me on pdfs :( I am currently writing my dissertation and need to read a lot of papers. It would help my eyes tremendously if the screen shader would also work on pdfs. Thanks! Kind regards, Evelien
- (2021-10-29, v:2.0.80) Thom Thumb: yandex browser
having trouble installing to yandex browser...can you help please?
- (2021-10-25, v:2.0.80) bindu prasad: cannot install extension
i am using brave browser and cannot download it from web store Download interrupted is the popup it is showing
- (2021-09-19, v:2.0.80) Elaine Woodriff: Screen Shader
I can't find any place to click on to install the Screen Shader. Please help. I want to install the Screen Shader. Elaine Woodriff [email protected]
- (2021-08-11, v:2.0.80) D Kirk: Screen Shader Extension
This might be a silly question but dooes the shader extension help with sun glare? I like to work outside on nice days but the brightness is an issue. Just wondering. Thank you
- (2021-07-07, v:2.0.80) Xavier Flores: Domain Whitelisting
Is there a way to whitelist domains to prevent the extension from being enabled when visiting that site? For example, certain sites I use use Dark Mode and don't prefer the extension to run on them when it's available.
- (2021-04-09, v:2.0.80) Lynda Waitakere: orange soothing screen
Is there any way I can make this permanent and not attuend to daylight? My vision problem need a certain amount o shading and bold text (apparently no one can help me with the latter). Bigger doesn't mean better and all the "vision" extensions suggest black which is totally useless for my problem. I downloaded your extention to Chrome last night and thought I'd founf gold, or orange, but Hello! this morning the screen is blinding me again. Any help you can offer is appreciated. Especially trying to make text bold on every aspect of Chrome, bookmarks bar, inactive and active toolbars etc. I can't even read back what I've just written to make sure it's okay. HELP!
- (2021-03-31, v:2.0.80) Peewilly Dingdong: Problem with YouTube with Magic Actions extension
Hi there. Enjoying your extension a lot. Thanks for your good work. Several users have reported a white screen in fullscreen mode on YouTube, and you answered you couldn't replicate the problem (I haven't read through all posts as there are two many but I saw two such). It could be that they had the same problem I have, i.e. another extension, Magic Actions for YouTube, installed. I like that other extension also and would not like to uninstall it. But when using both Magic Actions and Screen Shader, full screen will not work in YouTube (i.e. it will show a white screen; not actually white as the "shading" still seems to work, hence a tinted white screen). Could you look into this? I really would like to be able to use both extensions. And Magic Actions is quite a popular and widely used extension. Thanks a lot!
- (2021-01-26, v:2.0.80) 1: website zoom
Respectful feedback - Screen Shader | Smart Screen Tinting 2.0.80 Screen Shader Dark Theme 1.0 I run Zoom Page WE https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/zoom-page-we/bcdjhkphgmiapajkphennjfgoehpodpk I've needed to tweak zoom on one site. https://malwaretips.com/ Otherwise, Screen Shader has been GREAT! At this time, zoom with https://malwaretips.com/ seems to be affected by Screen Shader | Smart Screen Tinting 2.0.80 Otherwise, Screen Shader has been GREAT! Regards w Respect
- (2021-01-26, v:2.0.80) J C: financial aid
i have had a bunch of kids makijng me believe i was signing up for liberty University for a couple moths now they have gained acsess to all my private information my phone numbers and all my first computer crashed though i can see HP unistall on here taking all the space to this one i bought refurbished i will be sending back presently and. this is a war on the disabled i have been taken advantage of and i would love to get to the bottom of it though i cant sign up for school without the finacial aid system making me sign up again. i am simply trying to do a good thing with what God has given to me instead my financial aid has probably been robbed. i9 am so mad. i haven't heard anything from the disability ppl. i do know i9 get paid what i thought was unemployment it turns out all along its nui whatever that is . please help me fix this i am bipolar adhd and they are taking advantage who do i talk to without my telephone number actually changing right in front of my face! and can i put my HPuninstall on a flash drive download it back to my 2 in 1
- (2021-01-11, v:2.0.80) Laura Pruitt: Unable to change dimming
I have been using the shortcut buttons alt, shift, up to increase the color on my screen and it is not working. The only time that I see the orange shade is at night when I'm not sitting at my computer. The dimming shortcuts worked when I originally installed the extension, but isn't now. I even uninstalled and reinstalled to see if that would work, but no luck. How can I fix this? Thank you! Laura P
- (2020-12-18, v:2.0.80) willi neufeld: handis
wie kan ich meine bestelund vervolgen
- (2020-12-01, v:2.0.80) Eoin O'Nuallain: Can't remove
Hi, I removed the app off chrome as i couldn't use excel properly with it on. but even after removing, the shader still seems to operate in the evening - any idea how i remove this, as i cant see which cells are highlighted in excel once evening arrives :D
- (2020-10-09, v:2.0.80) Arham Chowdhury: question
will it dim at night time or ssomthing else and why did you call it smart
- (2020-09-10, v:2.0.80) Elisa H: white flash when changing screens
Love the extension. well thought out. I thought i saw something that helped with not getting blinded by a flash of white bright screen when changing pages but can't find it again. did i imagine it?
- (2020-09-06, v:2.0.80) Elaine Woodriff: Screen Shader
I had Screen Shader, but somehow it got removed. I am unable to restore it. Please help. Elaine Woodriff [email protected]
- (2020-09-06, v:2.0.80) aline prajelas: como tirar
gostaria de saber como tirar do navegador nao consigo
- (2020-09-04, v:2.0.80) Andrea Peñaloza: Screen Completely Black
Hello, I love your application! But I have a problem, at a different time when I enter my browser the screen goes completely black, I know absolutely nothing, and I can't do it, I have to uninstall the app to be able to use the browser again, is there a way to solve the problem ? It is the second time that happens to me, in 2 consecutive days, and I do not understand why, the settings are left as they are, I really do not change anything. If you could help me I would appreciate it very much!
- (2020-08-31, v:2.0.80) Nick: Incompatibility with a website
The extension sometimes breaks some gists on gist.gisthub.com.
- (2020-08-13, v:2.0.80) Nathan Olonoff: Extension causes solid color screen on Twitter links with embedded youtube video.
https://twitter.com/droid_life/status/1294011228579221504 With extension enabled I just see solid color screen. Disable extension, site loads normally. I have the extension set as disabled on twitter. My guess is that this has something to do with my previous report where the extension does not work properly with youtube even when it is set to be disabled on youtube. Even when the extension is disabled on certain sites it's evidently running something in the background that breaks some forms of code and youtube. You have to completely disable the extension in the extensions page to get things to work properly.
- (2020-08-09, v:2.0.80) Nathan Olonoff: Extension creates solid white screen over youtube fullscreen sometimes even when disabled on site.
When loading a video into fullscreen on youtube, with screen shader set as disabled on youtube it sometimes creates a solid white screen over the video and the only way to get rid of it is to right click and hit exit full screen. Reloading over and over and over again can sometimes eventually fix it but usually it requires the entire browser to be shut down and opened again. I've noticed it's more likely to happen the more tabs you have open and is almost guaranteed to happen if there are multiple youtube tabs open at the same time even if one is just on the main page. I've confirmed it's the extension by uninstalling it and the problem goes away even with 20+ youtube tabs playing videos at once. With it on if I have one youtube tab with a video playing and pause it to open another and play it almost 100% chance it'll do the white screen. Again even with the extension disabled on YouTube. Disabling and re-enabling the main extension can sometimes fix it but eventually it comes back. Even with it turned on it's not a guarantee but it happens incredibly often. I've even uninstalled and wiped all of chromes data and reinstalled and no change at all.
- (2020-08-05, v:2.0.80) halbeeg media Mohamed: Technology
Lam the happy working here
- (2020-06-30, v:2.0.80) Ionatan S: Automatic disable schedule
Thanks for your good work on this extension, it is very useful. I only use the extension at night time, so during the day I just disable it. I find myself every morning disabling it for X hours. I wonder if there is any chance that you add some form of automatic disable schedule in the "Disable for how long" screen. Is this possible? Thanks in advance!
- (2020-06-15, v:2.0.80) nona lila megged: shade control
I don't see where I can change the red shade. my pages are too pinkish
- (2020-05-23, v:2.0.80) Happy Grits: What about OutLook?
I'm not getting the wonderful benefit on my OutLook emails, nor calendar. Is there a fix for that? thanks
- (2020-05-13, v:2.0.80) Alexander Metzenleitner: Gmail, Docs etc still white
Hello , i like this App very much. WhatsApp/Reddit/Twitter is shaded but , Gmail, Google-docs , youtube are still horrible white . What can i do that is every shaded ? Thanks in advance
- (2020-03-28, v:2.0.70) Bill Sacks: Images not displayed on webpage
I really like this extension (thank you for developing it!). However, on this page <https://blog.bear.app/> I noticed that the images aren't displayed when the extension is installed (even if I change its settings so it is currently disabled). Although I don't care too much about that particular page, that makes me worried that other pages I view also may be missing some content.
- (2020-03-26, v:2.0.70) Alex Boysen: How adjust evening shade start hour/time?
In the menu, I can only see an option for adjusting the morning hour, not the evening. I use a chromebook.
- (2020-02-29, v:2.0.70) Okan KAVAS: Reddit
For some reason this extension breaks Reddit overlay for some subreddits. Even when it's disabled.
- (2020-02-24, v:2.0.70) Tomasz Piowczyk: Two pages are not displayed
https://meetingapplication.com/ and https://housemarque.com/ They're whole white
- (2020-02-16, v:2.0.70) Paul Sager: Screen Shader won't turn off even when disabled and uninstalled
Screen Shader would not turn off on my chromebook . Disabling the extension does not help. Uninstalling the extension does not help. Screen remains dark orange.
- (2020-01-01, v:2.0.70) iiRosie1: Shade tab: what the slider does
I am confused in the Shade tab. When it lets you change the daytime and nighttime shade, what does the percentage mean: higher = brighter or higher = darker?
- (2019-12-15, v:2.0.70) Thomas Wood: Can't get the Drudge Report page with Screen Shader enabled
With Screen Shader enabled, I get nothing but a bright white blank screen for drudgereport.com (the only web site so far where this has happened to me). There is an easy workaround for this problem, which is simply to pause Screen Shader while I view the site. The problem mentioned earlier--the Twitter thread scrolling problem--is more serious, because I haven't found a way to work around that problem. I'm pretty much convinced I would have to uninstall Screen Shader and its dark theme to get thread creation on Twitter back, and I don't want to have to do that.
- (2019-12-14, v:2.0.70) Thomas Wood: Problem with Twitter threads
I started with this app today. So far, it's excellent. Only problem I've noticed so far is that the slider doesn't work for Twitter threads after a couple of tweets have been added. (That is, I don't get the "Add a tweet" option after a couple of tweets have been put in.) Otherwise it seems to work fine for Twitter (and all other apps so far). It would be great to have this fixed, since I post a lot of threads on Twitter.
- (2019-11-19, v:2.0.060) Amylee Gare: screen shader
it is not wokeing
- (2019-09-03, v:2.0.060) Alex B: Donation site
How can I donate?
- (2019-08-14, v:2.0.060) Nathan Olonoff: Extension breaks NFL subreddit custom style.
Hi there, recently on reddit the NFL subreddit changed their style and this extension badly breaks it. I have tested the site on every browser and with all individual extensions turned off and discovered that it is this one causing it. No idea as to why as I have not noticed this issue anywhere else on Reddit. https://old.reddit.com/r/nfl/ I am also messaging the admins of the sub to let them know as well.
- (2019-08-07, v:2.0.060) Nick Nordstrom: Choppy Youtube Video Playback
Hello, Chrome screen shader is causing choppy youtube video playback. I used safari & google incognito (no chrome extensions), and video wasn't choppy. I then disabled each extension individually, and the f.lux extension was what was causing the choppy playback. It doesn't happen all the time (for me, around 20% choppy playback), FYI. Let me know if oyu need additional info. Love the extension otherwise!
- (2019-07-11, v:2.0.060) Rikin Patel: Vanguard sites are blocked when extension is Enabled
https://personal.vanguard.com/us/funds/stocks/snapshot?Ticker=T Most of the vanguard pages are blocked when extension is enabled.