This extension displays Chrome’s viewport dimensions when resizing the browser window.
This extension displays Chrome’s viewport dimensions in the lower right corner of the browser window when resizing the browser. Very handy when you want to make the browser window a specific size for testing websites or if like me you want to make the viewport precisely 1920x1080 when recording screencasts at 1080p. *** NOTE: Chrome requires you to RESTART Chrome before this extension is fully loaded. *** UPDATED v0.0.7 *** With the release of 0.0.7 I have added some new features, you can now set the amount of time the dimensions should remain visible for, the location on the screen the dimensions should appear, the background color, the text color, and size, and you now have the option to enable/disable both the inner/outer dimensions. *** UPDATED v0.0.6 *** FIX: I fixed an issue where sometimes the viewport details panel would hide behind website elements, to fix this I have increased the z-index to the maximum number. *** UPDATED v0.0.5 *** FIX: I fixed the error that would show up in the Chrome console. NEW: I upgraded jQuery to v1.11.1 *** UPDATED v0.0.4 *** NEW: The extension now displays Chrome’s inner and outer sizes. NEW: The extension now works in offline mode, or with URLs "file:///". If you find any issues or if this extension is not working correctly please post a comment on our GitHub page before leaving a review so I have a chance to fix it, thanks ;O) https://github.com/CSWilson/Viewport-Dimensions/issues You can view the code within this extension over at GitHub: https://github.com/CSWilson/Viewport-Dimensions
- (2020-04-10) kyler boudreau: Other extensions are too complicated. Too much clicking. I just want to see where I'm at for the viewport without going to a menu or clicking anything. This extension executes with perfection!
- (2020-04-09) José Encarnação: This extension is useful, but it would be pefect if the information rectangel would allow to edit and type in the dimensions manually. Please consider it :D Cheers from Portugal
- (2020-01-17) Stepan Zhevak: Awesome! I'm wondered why browser vendors still haven't included this feature to their code. Thanks for the extension.
- (2019-12-03) Paul Deisigner: Does not work at all. Removed this garbage.
- (2019-07-15) Obed Samuel: Fungerar inte
- (2019-06-20) Al Sargent: Works fine for me. I'm on Chrome Version 74.0.3729.169 (Official Build) (64-bit). It's a great way to quickly see the size of a window.
- (2019-03-28) Uros Cirkovic: Works good!
- (2019-01-17) carmen joy palsario: Not working!
- (2018-11-28) BG: It's not working with Chrome Version 70.0.3538.102 (Official Build) (64-bit)
- (2018-11-21) Jette Thrane: Not working at all in Chrome 70 on Fedora 28. No measures displayed.
- (2018-10-19) Fander1980: Awesome tool, works great.
- (2018-06-18) Jeff Flotta: It does not work. I'm using Chrome Version 67.0.3396.87 (Official Build) (64-bit). I installed, closed Chrome, started Chrome, it does not show me the viewport dimensions anywhere. I checked the options too.
- (2018-06-06) Jennifer Rankine: This is exactly what I needed. Nothing flashy just browser dimensions. This is especially useful when working with viewport units (vmax, vmin, vh, vw) and just need a quick look to see what's working. FYI Mac users, in case you're a newbie like me, I noticed closing the browser and opening it to activate the extension wasn't enough. I actually had to quit the browser then reopen it.
- (2018-06-04) Jak Keck: As with many other attempted users, it does not work for me.
- (2018-05-17) Amber Rockey: Couldn't get it to work.
- (2018-04-20) Umor Channel: Hi I liked your extension, I have offer for you. Write to me on the mail and I'll tell you the details. My mail: [email protected]
- (2018-04-17) Levert Long: DOES NOT WORK - YOU SUCK.
- (2018-03-30) JF Feezer: I doesn't work. It has one purpose and can't fulfill it.
- (2018-02-23) Bryan Willis: It simply doesn't work. Restarted chrome, resized my window, fiddled with the options, nothing.
- (2017-12-22) Aris Konstantoulas: THANK YOU! <3
- (2017-10-26) Sahan Dissanayake: Didn't work. :(
- (2017-10-01) Sohaib Si: not work
- (2017-09-23) Ryan Spitzel: USERS: - Does exactly what it says it does - Nice customization features - Definitely download and at least see if it works for you! DEVELOPER: Can you make it so this app is easy to toggle on and off. There are definitely times where I don't want to see the screen sizes but I don't want to have to delete to app every time.
- (2017-09-21) Jenna Gravitter: Doesn't work
- (2017-08-17) Mark Bird: Doesn't work. Restarted Chrome and tried changing options but it just doesn't appear.