Piez displays optimizations made by Akamai Image Manager, Resource Optimizer, Push/Preconnect, and Script Manager.
Piez is a developer tool that allows a web developer to see total bytes savings on pages that have been optimized using Akamai Image Manager.
- (2015-05-05) Chris Lee: This is an awesome tool!
- (2019-08-13, v:2.3.2) Sara Carothers: Prevents scripts and fonts from loading on websites
I've had this extension running on my browser for a while. Today it just started causing errors on websites I visit (like Dropbox and Jira for example), preventing fonts and critical scripts from being loaded and causing the sites to not be functional. After some digging I realized the console errors all something like: Access to script at 'https://paper.dropboxstatic.com....' from origin 'https://paper.dropbox.com' has been blocked by CORS policy: Request header field x-im-piez is not allowed by Access-Control-Allow-Headers in preflight response. Once I uninstalled this extension, the problem went away.
- (2019-06-13, v:2.3.1) Matthew Clements: Great extension - a couple of issues with the latest version though
1) There's a typo in Resource Manager stats. Objects that are not subject to resource manager are under the heading Non Image Manager 2) When switching from Image Manager Advanced to Resource Optimiser advanced, Optimised details aren't displayed until you restart the browser.
- (2017-04-14, v:1.5.2) Melvin Columna: Column Totals Suggestion
Hi Brett, Great Extension! Can I suggest that you please add totals for the "Original Size" and "Transformed Size" columns since now I have to copy/paste those columns and add them up manually. In order to obtain the optimized vs unoptimized images. Maybe even an option where the GREEN and YELLOW values can be pulled apart and added separately in order to also report on which images have been reduced versus not reduced.
- (2016-08-03, v:1.3.2) Ian Morgan: background-image
The extension is really useful as-is, but it would be even better if it detected images loaded via the CSS attribute background-image.
- (2015-05-05, v:1.1.1) Chris Lee: Modes
Where do I see the description of the modes? I see Simple and Advanced, but have no idea what the difference is.