Get rid of annoying notification banners on websites.
Hide those obnoxious cookie notification banners! Everyone knows what cookies are, so why do most websites demand that we see a cookie notification banner? This extension will hide them so you can browse the web in peace. GDPR or CCPA? Ban those banners! It also hides other annoying notification banners, such as full-page email signup windows that popup on top of the page content. Super annoying! If you use an ad-blocker, this extension will even hide many of those annoying "Please disable your adblock on our page" notifications that hide the content. After installing Remove Cookie Banners, you'll finally have a peaceful web browsing experience where you can focus on the content, not annoying and useless notifications covering the content you're trying to read. The extension can easily be disabled on a per-site basis in case anything goes wrong (and the setting will be remembered in future visits). Temporarily disabling it will also let you see what obnoxious notifications were hidden by the extension... no reload necessary. Just click "Add to Chrome," then visit your favorite website and notice how clean and peaceful your favorite sites are again! NOTE: * Google Chrome may show you a notice about this extension being able to access website data. This is automatically generated because Remove Cookie Banners analyzes the HTML source to intelligently hide notification banners. It does not monitor your browsing history or personal information. * You may also see a warning that this extension can see your browsing history. This is because the extension needs to access all your open tabs when you update the extension so changes take effect immediately. This extension does not save, monitor or use your browsing history.
- (2020-10-14) Rainbow Warrior Princess: Unfortunately doesn't work yet with the 'Google Search' (main page) cookie banner. Please add that frequently used site in the next update. Other than that it is very good, even works immediately after activation of extension without having to reload the page with the overlay cookie banner/notice.
- (2020-03-02) Stephanie G.: this extension successfully removed those annoying cookie banners. it also successfully removed the whole navigation bar of a job portal, leading me to the conclusion that the site was broke. luckily i tried it on my phone where the navigation bar was visible. this is CRITICAL BUG - uninstalled this extension instantly.
- (2020-01-14) Stefano P.: after trying many others, this one is the only that is really working good!👍 hope it will be long lasting and constantly updated🤞 thanks a lot to the developers!👏👏👏
- (2020-01-09) Morgan Bertin: best thing since sliced bread
- (2020-01-09) Chris Vydas: I too found this extension to work better than all the rest of them, it even works on the tab you're reading at the instant the install finishes, the banner disappears and there's no need to reload the page. It even works on mobile browser. Very good. Every news site that resorts to this type of annoyances which is pretty much all news sites like cnn, Forbes, etc that my news feed links to. Sad it has come to this but thank the heavens for this beauty.
- (2019-10-10) Snoopy Hobbes: Great extension! I am so sick of cookie banners on so many websites. I installed this and it immediately removed the banner from the website I was reading. I tried it on some other sites and it even removed an annoying "sign up for our newsletter" popup. Really nice.
- (2019-09-30) Pops Radish: Great,this one works where others don't
- (2019-09-11) Pierre Chilès: Great extension to get rid of all useless cookie acceptance banner that ruins the browsing experience - of course to be used with an extension such as "Privacy Badger" of EFF to prohibit tracking. Nevertheless this extension is quite new and far from perfect. Some websites are just no more accessible and, worst, sometime the app's button to deactivate it on blocked website does not work... and you have to uninstall the app to make it work again. Anyway in such a case I reinstall the app just after as really it's mostly doing a good job. Devs, keep going!
- (2020-11-22, v:3.40) Nils Bergmann: Some webpages are broken
Example webpage: https://getutm.app/install/ Only broken with this addon activated. Also the unraid web interface if you have access to a unraid server.
- (2020-07-11, v:3.40) Ultra Experiments: eJoy extension popups unexpected behaviour
eJoy extension popups (English translation/definitions) sometimes behave unexpectedly, it seems like they appear outside the page. Or don't appear at all.
- (2020-02-17, v:3.30) Sam A: Browsing History
Why is Remove Cookie Banners now requiring access to browsing history in order to run?