Screen dimmer and reading aid, may help with fluency, eye-strain, concentration and comprehension whilst reading.
Version 2.0.5: Add link to upgraded visor-plus. Version 2.0.4: Bug-fixes and updated style. As well as being a great general purpose screen dimmer, Visor's overlays and point of focus feature may be assistive to users with visual perceptual difficulties such as Dyslexia, Scotopic Sensitivity Syndrome and Visual Stress. Whilst research shows results vary from person to person, some users may find that the use of overlays can help with fluency, eye-strain, concentration and comprehension whilst reading. In addition to the traditional overlay method, Visor also employs a point of focus feature, designed to further reduce visual confusions and the tendency to skip lines. This horizontal focal point tracks your mouse, giving full focus to the content being read, whilst reducing the visual noise of the surrounding page. Visor requires no special permissions, so must be reactivated with each page load. Note: This extension will not work on Chrome's start page, options pages or the Chrome web store. This is a restriction of chrome. Blue polygonal background designed by Freepik.com
- (2022-07-27) César Tarazona Vargas: ¡Gran trabajo! es muy simple y me ayuda mucho en mis lecturas dentro de la web. Una pequeña petición sería que se mejore la compatibilidad con los PDF, en el modo de lectura normal y el de pantalla completa. Reitero las felicitaciones, necesitaba de una extensión como esta 😀.
- (2022-03-18) Ali Raza Jaffri: Great work.
- (2022-02-28) Jman: Love the idea off this extension, let's you focus and reduces eye strain. How do you get it to work on pdfs? I tried to use visor to read an online pdf but the line doesn't seem to follow the cursor, just stays stuck in the middle?
- (2022-01-29) Harry Shares: WOW AMAZING.. LOVE THIS ... it does help my eyes from strain.
- (2022-01-04) 庶民player: 要的就是这种，因为大部分网页根本不需要调整就能正常阅读，长期自动调色还会影响色感。 这个就很好，主动开启自行调整。
- (2021-10-31) xx60FPSGAMERxx s: is there a keyboard shortcut to turn visor on if there is tell me it will be helpfull for me
- (2021-10-27) sage: Good and helpful, but I have one item of feedback: I wish it was possible to independently adjust the opacity of the background and the reading bar. I'd like the background darker and the reading bar the same color as it was before the extension, but I can't get that right now because there is only and option to adjust them jointly
- (2021-10-24) Craig Gorvelalzez: best worst tool I've ever used
- (2021-10-14) Ména Go: it doesn't work on my chromebook
- (2021-07-27) Sentastra: did not work
- (2021-06-05) João Teixeira: Hey Michael, as of now the extension stopped working, whats wrong? It was working a while ago...
- (2021-02-26) Mich EXO-L: Sería bueno que se activara para todas las páginas abiertas del navegador, tengo que hacerlo manual en cada página cada vez que abro otra y así, Sería maravilloso si agregaran esa opción!!!
- (2021-02-18) Taelor roz: It worked pretty well but after the start of this semester, every time I try to move the bar as I read, it either stays in the middle of the screen or gets stuck on the very top of the page, where the menu bar on most websites sits.
- (2020-11-27) Brisa Gassmann: Es muy útil para personas que se no se logran concentrar fácil, como yo. Ayuda a enfocar la vista en determinado punto de lo que se quiera leer, la verdad es que me sorprendí con lo bien que funciona.
- (2020-09-09) Carolina Alvarez: It works great but not on pdfs opened in the browser. The extension still kinda works but the highlighted portion doesn't move with my cursor, this problem only happens with pdfs and embedded documents.
- (2020-09-03) Ricardo Csilva: Ok
- (2020-07-12) 曾宪法: I can't understant why the part that should be emphasized changes too.
- (2020-07-03) Gareng audio: ok
- (2020-03-24) alberto jose de matos: otimo
- (2020-02-10) Jen Ridge: The visor follows your mouse it cannot be set at one height. Annoying. Other than that it was great idea.
- (2020-01-23) T0BBG: I doesn't do anything to my display...
- (2020-01-23) Belen Rojas: para q sirve?
- (2019-11-02) Tota Mia: fine
- (2019-03-27) dadapotok: it just works. Best readability extension that I know. The only one I use apart from Vivaldi browser default read mode features. Visor settings: red green blue contrast height of the point of focus overlay.
- (2019-02-17) Aaron Vazquez: Great extension. Like the other reviews, you have to activate visor for every page you go to. Would like to see this extension get applied to all pages without activating the extension every time.
- (2018-07-26) shripad muley: i iove this app
- (2018-07-15) Andrew Farrell: Didn't work at all. No control.
- (2018-06-22) Tanmay Sanyal: ok
- (2018-05-19) Sujan Das: fine
- (2018-05-11) mahesh chathuranga: good
- (2018-04-20) Saruque Khan: good one
- (2018-03-16) kelly C: have to uninstal
- (2018-03-13) Robin Todd: I really wanted something to help me read pdfs online. I imagined a line across the screen which followed my cursor to help guide my eyes. This is even better than I imagined. I would have given it 6 stars, but when I was looking for a reading guide 8 months ago I did not find this extension. Today I found it because I have a migraine and was looking to dim my screen. I'm so excited to have found this multifunctional tool.
- (2018-01-06) Yyash Rachelkar: doesnt even work
- (2017-12-23) Christina Richardson: Literally nothing happened
- (2017-12-22) ABED. H.B: I like that
- (2017-12-17) ali baalbaki: optinol
- (2017-12-11) Kristy Metcalfe: It didn't dim my page at all. It's not working, or doing anything for that matter!
- (2017-11-19) Sarah Dewfall: Very helpful!
- (2017-09-19) Lee Pope: Is there a hotkey to activate? This neat extension does need to be turned on a lot after updating or refreshing a tab.
- (2017-08-17) k.shivani krishna: exactly what i needed! love it! my eyes feel less abused now. thank you. but one has to reapply it for every page even in the same tab! a bit frustrating!
- (2017-08-16) 敵うものか私: I cannot open this app on google chrome... How to open this? please tell me on revue.
- (2017-07-17) Willian GAMER E TUTORIAIS: mn, jkv
- (2017-07-12) Ganesh WAGH: best app
- (2017-04-16) Josh R.: Hopfully its free unlike the free trial with read and write, so far so good, i love it!
- (2017-02-03) Dr Manoj Kishore Nayak: doesnt work
- (2017-01-26) pedro clash2: muinto bom
- (2022-09-06, v:2.0.6) Jessica Jennifer Collazo: Visor not working
Hi, I've tried uninstalling and re-downloading visor several times, but I haven't been able to make it work. I remember using it last year to do my readings for college and it really helped me focus, but now it won't dim the screen or show up at all when I interact with anything on the extension's menu drop down. I'd be really grateful if you could help me get visor working again, it's been great to use in the past. Thank you for your time, Jess
- (2022-07-11, v:2.0.6) Simonas Poska: potentially acquiring Visor
Do you have any interest in selling Visor?
- (2022-05-21, v:2.0.6) Liam DELALANDE: All the screen is darker :(
Why all the screen is darker? Even the point of focus? :( This isn't possible to separate the darkness of the background to keep the middle with the light-setting of the computer?
- (2021-09-28, v:2.0.6) Amelia Ruth Bass: Visor not working
Hello I have removed and re added the visor extension three times to my computer and it is not working. I try to activate it with every site i go to. I'm not sure what the issue is
- (2021-04-22, v:2.0.6) Lídia Pinheiro: pdf
Really wish it would work on pdfs :/
- (2021-04-14, v:2.0.6) k_li8: Vivaldi browser
The extension doesn't seem to work consistently with the Vivaldo browser e.g. https://www.maketecheasier.com/ultimate-keycap-guide/
- (2021-03-24, v:2.0.6) Gabby Shaddock: PDF Compatibility
Would it be possible to make this extension work on PDFs? That's really the only downside since most of the readings I have (and especially the more intense/strenuous papers) are PDFs. Even if you can't, this is one of the most helpful study/reading tools that I've found!
- (2020-11-28, v:2.0.6) Adim Almeida: Espelhar celular no PC
Não está funcionando. Qual melhor tutorial?
- (2020-11-28, v:2.0.6) Adim Almeida: espelha telA de celular
Estou tentando espelhar a tela do celular umidigi f2 com android 10 no meu laptop com windows 10 e não consigo, onde obter um tutorial.
- (2020-11-03, v:2.0.6) Icaro Andrade: Erro
Esta dando erro na instalação, oque fazer?
- (2020-10-08, v:2.0.6) Viviana Romo: PDFs
I wish it would work with PDFs because for my college class and most of my classes that is all we ever read
- (2020-09-16, v:2.0.6) Giovana Sabadin Pereira: adicionar
vcs podem adicionar jogos de crianca para minha filha e pra todas as criancas?
- (2020-01-23, v:2.0.6) Đặng Trang: An app for windows?
Extension is awesome, is there an app that works on windows, not being restricted to browsers only? Thanks
- (2019-11-24, v:2.0.6) Bau Phan: cant find device
i cant find my device when i plug it with usb
- (2019-03-06, v:2.0.6) lucky
- (2019-02-28, v:2.0.6) siva k: not showing after installing extension
not showing after installing extension
- (2019-02-06, v:2.0.6) how to access it
please feeds back me
- (2018-10-28, v:2.0.4) Irfan Ali: irfan
- (2018-10-13, v:2.0.4) om RONY: saya ingin berhenti berlangganan
saya ingin berhenti berlangganan
- (2018-09-26, v:2.0.4) Adrienne Bodin: MOU
We would like to use this product with our middle school students. Our district does not allow us to push anything out without a MOU. Would you be willing to sign a MOU?
- (2018-09-17, v:2.0.4) Erin Kizziar: MOU
I am a tech coach in Louisiana, USA. One of my teachers would like to use your Visor Chrome Web Extension with her dyslexic students. Are you willing to sign an MOU agreement with my school district? It protects our students' privacy information. My school district will not allow us to use your extension without the MOU agreement.
- (2018-06-13, v:2.0.4) Mark Kruyer: Screen Overlays
Hi there Great product! I am using a samsung A5 2016 edition and when i screen mirror apps with overlays the overlays dont draw on the pc they just come up as black squares, is there a known fix?
- (2018-04-28, v:2.0.4) Iron Man: Hot keys
Can you add a hot keys?