Screen dimmer and reading aid, may help with fluency, eye-strain, concentration and comprehension whilst reading.
Version 2.0.5: Add link to upgraded visor-plus. Version 2.0.4: Bug-fixes and updated style. As well as being a great general purpose screen dimmer, Visor's overlays and point of focus feature may be assistive to users with visual perceptual difficulties such as Dyslexia, Scotopic Sensitivity Syndrome and Visual Stress. Whilst research shows results vary from person to person, some users may find that the use of overlays can help with fluency, eye-strain, concentration and comprehension whilst reading. In addition to the traditional overlay method, Visor also employs a point of focus feature, designed to further reduce visual confusions and the tendency to skip lines. This horizontal focal point tracks your mouse, giving full focus to the content being read, whilst reducing the visual noise of the surrounding page. Visor requires no special permissions, so must be reactivated with each page load. Note: This extension will not work on Chrome's start page, options pages or the Chrome web store. This is a restriction of chrome. Blue polygonal background designed by Freepik.com
- (2020-02-10) Jen Ridge: The visor follows your mouse it cannot be set at one height. Annoying. Other than that it was great idea.
- (2020-01-23) TBG: I doesn't do anything to my display...
- (2020-01-23) Belen Rojas: para q sirve?
- (2019-11-02) Tota Mia: fine
- (2019-03-27) dadapotok: it just works. Best readability extension that I know. The only one I use apart from Vivaldi browser default read mode features. Visor settings: red green blue contrast height of the point of focus overlay.
- (2019-02-17) Aaron Vazquez: Great extension. Like the other reviews, you have to activate visor for every page you go to. Would like to see this extension get applied to all pages without activating the extension every time.
- (2018-07-26) shripad muley: i iove this app
- (2018-07-15) Andrew Farrell: Didn't work at all. No control.
- (2018-06-22) Tanmay Sanyal: ok
- (2018-05-19) Sujan Das: fine
- (2018-05-11) mahesh chathuranga: good
- (2018-04-20) Saruque Khan: good one
- (2018-03-16) kelly yuko: have to uninstal
- (2018-03-13) Robin Todd: I really wanted something to help me read pdfs online. I imagined a line across the screen which followed my cursor to help guide my eyes. This is even better than I imagined. I would have given it 6 stars, but when I was looking for a reading guide 8 months ago I did not find this extension. Today I found it because I have a migraine and was looking to dim my screen. I'm so excited to have found this multifunctional tool.
- (2018-01-06) Techyyah: doesnt even work
- (2017-12-23) Christina Richardson: Literally nothing happened
- (2017-12-22) ABED. H.B: I like that
- (2017-12-17) ali baalbaki: optinol
- (2017-12-11) Kristy Metcalfe: It didn't dim my page at all. It's not working, or doing anything for that matter!
- (2017-11-19) Sarah Dewfall: Very helpful!
- (2017-09-19) Lee Pope: Is there a hotkey to activate? This neat extension does need to be turned on a lot after updating or refreshing a tab.
- (2017-08-17) k.shivani krishna: exactly what i needed! love it! my eyes feel less abused now. thank you. but one has to reapply it for every page even in the same tab! a bit frustrating!
- (2017-08-16) 敵うものか私: I cannot open this app on google chrome... How to open this? please tell me on revue.
- (2017-07-17) Willian GAMER E TUTORIAIS: mn, jkv
- (2017-07-12) Ganesh WAGH: best app
- (2020-01-23, v:2.0.6) Đặng Trang: An app for windows?
Extension is awesome, is there an app that works on windows, not being restricted to browsers only? Thanks
- (2019-11-24, v:2.0.6) Bau Phan: cant find device
i cant find my device when i plug it with usb
- (2019-03-06, v:2.0.6) lucky
- (2019-02-28, v:2.0.6) siva k: not showing after installing extension
not showing after installing extension
- (2019-02-06, v:2.0.6) how to access it
please feeds back me
- (2018-10-28, v:2.0.4) Irfan Ali: irfan
- (2018-10-13, v:2.0.4) om RONY: saya ingin berhenti berlangganan
saya ingin berhenti berlangganan
- (2018-09-26, v:2.0.4) Adrienne Bodin: MOU
We would like to use this product with our middle school students. Our district does not allow us to push anything out without a MOU. Would you be willing to sign a MOU?
- (2018-09-17, v:2.0.4) Erin Kizziar: MOU
I am a tech coach in Louisiana, USA. One of my teachers would like to use your Visor Chrome Web Extension with her dyslexic students. Are you willing to sign an MOU agreement with my school district? It protects our students' privacy information. My school district will not allow us to use your extension without the MOU agreement.
- (2018-06-13, v:2.0.4) Mark Kruyer: Screen Overlays
Hi there Great product! I am using a samsung A5 2016 edition and when i screen mirror apps with overlays the overlays dont draw on the pc they just come up as black squares, is there a known fix?