Create custom keyboard shortcuts to expand and replace text as you type!
- (2020-03-26) Chen Lan Fui Chen -: It was working well. Then I was saving a new shortcut, it says "Error Saving shortcut" I refreshed. And reopen it, it is a brand new Default saved shortcut, how can I retrieve the lost datas? For the love of my work, I spent quite sometime to build the shortcuts, now it is all gone?
- (2020-03-23) gingerfootman: I hope you can add an on/off button.
- (2020-03-20) Bartlomiej Gorak: doesn't work in address bar
- (2020-03-10) matias montenegro cooper: Excelente y fácil aplicación para automatizar un montón de mensajes, correos y textos que uno utiliza varias veces al día en distintas plataformas (mail, whatsapp, redes sociales, etc). Lo recomiendo al 100%, me ha ahorrado muchas horas de trabajo frente al computador. :-)
- (2020-03-08) adidas PH: Always ask me to repair. So I need to start to create my shortcuts again and again and again and again/ Fix this or do not create an extension if it is not working properly. Remove it if you can't make it better.
- (2020-03-06) Aaron Hanson: does not work with facebook
- (2020-02-28) Elmaz Zeynelov: v doesn't work
- (2020-02-27) Jeremy Beahan: This extension is amazing. It makes my job so much easier. I honestly don't know what I would do without it. Thank you so much to the developers!
- (2020-02-25) David Bryden: Wanted the tool to enter text into Facebook Messenger which works sometimes but if I ever try to edit the auto text after it is entered it crashes Facebook Messenger. The tool is buggy.
- (2020-02-17) WELLINGTON FIGUEIREDO: Using% d (MMMM) this command the month is in lower case, I was wondering if there is a possibility to do that appears in upper case
- (2020-02-03) Molly Pfaff: Doesn't work with Zimbra email, which is what I needed it for. :( Instead of the body of the email, the replacements go into the next available "to" field, but the replacement code messes with the page so that the field itself is no longer editable.
- (2020-01-30) Marina C: it delete all for the second time since I installed it, all my work erased really thanks for that :(
- (2020-01-20) Varinder Singh: My life is complete now.
- (2020-01-10) Rohit Bhaskar: Amazing tool!! Our team uses it for customer support. When you have a few template replies for people emailing or messaging you, this tool is a complete life saver. Thanks :)
- (2019-12-25) Jane Sagalovich: I have no clue how to make it work after inputting a few shortcuts/URLs. Searched everywhere for instructions :/
- (2019-12-25) Kym Campbell: LOVE THIS EXTENSION!!!!! What makes this extension UNIQUE (trust me, i tried over a dozen similar text-replacement / keyboard shortcut extensions one chrome) is that if you want to insert something that you copied in the middle of a pre-written bit of text (or url), you can put "%clip%" into the text-replacement code (wherever you want it) and it will automatically insert whatever was on your clipboard right into the text!! saves tons of time. ty
- (2019-12-23) Albert Ng: How do you actually use the shortcuts you load in? There's no documentation around it.
- (2019-12-20) Joebert Bugtong: Excellent!
- (2019-12-19) Andy W: Stopped working after one day. I've moved on to Text Blaze which seems to be a more well-put-together extension.
- (2019-12-15) Mike Demko: Why doesn't it work in Google docs. I use textexpander for PCs.. it's good.. but not as intuitive to set up.. this is super simple to set up. Just wished it worked in any browser app.
- (2019-12-14) Joel Benson: Didn't work at all
- (2019-12-03) Edwin Yip: A great extension that really improve my productivity, thanks! Just one suggestion - add an option something like "trigger after pressing space" which when checked, don't expand my text until space is pressed. For example, I have a shortcut "le" or "LIVEditor", but sometimes I also have to type "leverage". With the current version I can't really use "le" as the shortcut otherwise I can no longer type words like "leverage". My workaround is using a prefix // so the shortcut now become "//le", it works but it's not very good. I wish I have described the suggestion clear.
- (2019-12-02) Steve Themanc: A shortcut to type email address "@stm" did type my email address but always added @stm on the end. Very annoying.
- (2019-12-01) John Cunha: Part 1: Worked for about five minutes on gmail, so I happily went on to set up all my other shortcuts (accents for Latin languages) and it never worked again. Part 2: And for a correction of the aforementioned: I have realized that one has to type the key sequence fast. One can't dwell too long on specific shortcut elements, or they will simply be typed. So it is a tad tricky.
- (2019-11-16) Matthew Stevens: Great! Makes work easier. However, it doesn't work on Salesforce Lightning :(
- (2020-03-26, v:1.9.5) Jacqui Fernandez: Not working after updating mac OS
I removed the extension because it's not working even after updating. When I try to re-add it says Auto Text Expander for Google Chrome™ (extension ID "iibninhmiggehlcdolcilmhacighjamp") is blocked by the administrator. I tried switching as an admin but it's for G suite users only.
- (2020-03-25, v:1.9.5) Christian Anderson: Twitter Issue
Hello, for some reason this extension and PopChrom will not activate on Twitter when trying to create a new Tweet. Any idea why this happens? Thanks.
- (2020-03-23, v:1.9.5) S Anitha: Unable to link auto expander to chrome
Auto text expander was working and when I cleared all cookies and caches as the system was buffering. Again I signed in to my gmail but all my auto text expander data got cleared and unable to use the same.
- (2020-03-19, v:1.9.5) Laura Timmel: Shortcuts only work if preceded by a space (if I've already entered other text)
If I click into a text field and immediately type a shortcut, it expands correctly. However, if I type something else and then try a shortcut, it doesn't work unless I type a space right before the shortcut. \\ In the case of text fields with pre-populated text, the shortcuts work correctly (without needing a space) before I type anything else. If I type something, then click a different point in the pre-populated text (in the same text field) and enter a shortcut, that also works correctly (without needing a space). \\ If I type nothing but several shortcuts in a row, they all expand correctly, until I type something else (other than a space). \\ Here are some of my shortcuts: "\--\" expands to "—" and "(c)" expands to "©" (all without the quotation marks).
- (2020-03-18, v:1.9.5) Abdulhamid Omar: All shortcuts have disappeared and have been reset to default
I used to have around 30 shortcuts and all of them have disappeared when I logged in today. Is there a way to get them back? I did not make a back up.
- (2020-03-17, v:1.9.5) Irv Segal: Not working in facebook Messenger
I enter my shortcut and the text expands in the Messenger box. But when I click the send button it send the shortcut instead of the expanded text. Please advise, thanks!
- (2020-03-13, v:1.9.5) Andrew S: Expand my text on Paste
Hello! I would like to paste my shortcuts from somewhere to auto-expand them. I work for an IT company and often copy-paste property names into my text. I want to paste a property name so that it is automatically converted to a documentation link. Now, it doesn't work even if I try to remove the last letter and type it again. Looks like I need to type the whole shortcut to expand it.
- (2020-03-13, v:1.9.5) Romit Heerani: a way to change the text being expanded to using additional arguments
for example if I want to use the gmail's feature for giving mail id with different text appended I would do something like (using [email protected] for shortcut for [email protected]) [email protected]+test and get [email protected]
- (2020-03-12, v:1.9.5) Erik Frid: Won't work in Salesforce Service Cloud
We have switched our CRM over to Salesforce Service Cloud. The Auto Text Expander version 2 is not working in Service Cloud. Are there settings that need to be adjusted in order to make it work?
- (2020-03-12, v:1.9.5) Mike Bennett: G Mail problem
When I use the shortcut for an email address it adds the email address but with the shortcut key stokes on the end. I tested it when I set it up and it works in the TRY box but as I say it adds the key stroke on the end in G Mail sign on. I also set up a password short cut and that works fine
- (2020-03-09, v:1.9.5) Art Chavez: won't work in Logics CRM
I can't use these features when I am use a program called ( Logics ) - I try to and nothing happens. What can I do. Is it something in the settings?
- (2020-03-07, v:1.9.5) Eric Putkonen: Features
I have tried several extensions like your's and your's works the best with the fewest errors/crashes. However, the others allow you to organize by making folders. This would help. Also, I liked how another hit the entire text except the first line...so you could see all the shortcuts in a list. You could click the text line and it would expand to show it all. That is a handy feature (instead of seeing the entirety each make the list long). Another feature that I found that was handy in others was the ability to embed a shortcut within a shortcut. This let you save space by letting you have a signature shortcut and then you could have a message and a embed the shortcut to the signature at the bottom. These are features that I would love to see your extension incorporate.
- (2020-03-06, v:1.9.5) Rami Mert Kandiyoti: Doesn't save
Hi, I have been using happily Autotextexpander for a while now. I use it in many different platforms such as CRM and email. It sometimes doesn't show on email but that problem can be solved if PC is turned off and on again. However it used to work perfectly on CRM but lately it shows on CRM but it doesn't save so I need to copy and paste it again. Could you please provide support to overcome this problem? Thank you.
- (2020-03-05, v:1.9.5) Philip Dickson: Broken with Zendesk Agent Workspace
Hey guys, we love Auto Text Expander but it doesn't work with Zendesk's new 'Agent Workspace' for live chat :( The text will expand, but it then becomes uneditable and 'sending' the message just sends the shortcut, rather than the expanded text. We've reported this to Zendesk, but I was hoping it might be something you guys are able to fix up!
- (2020-02-27, v:1.9.5) Kevin Koym: working with Brave browser?
Any idea of why the extension doesn't work with Brave? I was able to add it, and add a shortcut, but it doesn't function. Brave is really fast to use... and it would be GREAT to have this extension as well to keep on moving fast...
- (2020-02-19, v:1.9.5) Ashil Patel: Compatability
Hey, I use auto text expander within Salesforce, and its supported on certain types of objects/fields within Salesforce but not others, do you know why this might be?
- (2020-02-17, v:1.9.5) Josh Crocker: How to add 3 days to today's date?
Hello, I use a template regularly at my job. This template includes todays date, but another part of the template i need to input the date but 3 days later. Is there a format to add today's date (YYYY-MM-DD) +3 days? Thank you!
- (2020-02-09, v:1.9.5) Ana Cunha: Help
Hello, how are you? I need a huge help from you. I use Auto Text at work and just right now it erased all my shortcuts and I need them in order to work. I tried to use the backup that I did today at 1PM and it didn't work. I ended up doing another backup with just one shortcut and I wanted to know if there is a way for me to rescue the shortcuts that I did save earlier today.
- (2020-02-05, v:1.9.5) Jawad Sabra: Tool not saving changes to templates.
Recently the tool has not been saving my edits to templates and it doesn't sync across browser sessions on different machines. This is really frustrating!
- (2020-01-29, v:1.9.5) Mary Beth Jobe: Not working
My shortcuts stopped working today, and nothing I have tried has gotten them to start again.
- (2020-01-24, v:1.9.5) Bahar Arapkirli: Only one of my shortcuts is working
I have written a few of these but only one of them is popping up :(
- (2020-01-23, v:1.9.5) eduardo alvarado: Shortcuts Missing
I was updating my shortcuts and suddenly all were deleted and would not refresh. Currently can not restore my shortcuts. Would you be able to override and restore my shortcuts?
- (2020-01-23, v:1.9.5) Danny Hunter: tab character
Hi, I really like the extension. Would it be possible to add in support for a tab. I am a Qlik developer and i want to setup a shortcut to do the change log eg. /today to expand out to "// %d(D/MM/YYYY) TAB Danny Hunter TAB " so that i can fill in the change log a lot easier. Thanks so much Danny
- (2020-01-21, v:1.9.5) Dave Levinson: It doesn't work
It's not working. look [email protected] pa BRB hbd .as you can see it doesn't work. [email protected] hlp
- (2020-01-20, v:1.9.5) Marc Fritze: Does not work with LinkedIn anymore
...is that a known bug? Does not work since a couple of weeks Before, it worked with LinkedIn, although not reliably.