Custom color schemes for all websites: night mode, dark themes, blue light filter, screen shader, high contrast, grayscale, etc.
Each Midnight Lizard's color scheme works on all websites and will never become outdated. There are many predefined color schemes and you can install more from midnight-lizard.org ✔ Choose between dark, light, grayscale or colorful color schemes ✔ Modify existing or create new color schemes ✔ Use different color schemes on each website ✔ Adjust brightness, saturation, contrast and hues ✔ Improve accessibility and readability ✔ Increase contrast to make text easier to read ✔ Apply blue light filter to shift all colors towards red light ✔ Keep original images and hues without inversion ✔ Schedule automatic activation and deactivation ✔ Use keyboard shortcuts to toggle extension ⮚ on current website: Alt+Shift+L ⮚ globally: Alt+Shift+M ✔ Use with PDF and local files (enable in browser settings) ✔ Shade bright colors and images ✔ Change any colour you want ✔ Synchronize your settings ✔ Configure background, text, buttons, links, borders, images and scrollbars ✔ Apply globally, per-website or with url match patterns ✔ Switch between websites blacklist and whitelist modes ✔ Use Simplified mode to improve performance on heavy websites ✔ Contribute to our open source project on GitHub.com/Midnight-Lizard ✔ Donate to our OpenCollective.com/Midnight-Lizard Please use browser themes in order to style New Tab page, tabs and toolbars - extensions cannot do that. Also extensions don't work on New Tab page, Chrome Web Store and browser settings.
- (2020-02-13) Ravi Bouwman: This is really great i am looking for this for a while but i only got extinsions with just black and no other colours, so i am very happy with this
- (2020-02-04) deman: На данный момент лучшее из подобных!
- (2020-01-27) Guilherme Larré: Love it so much BUT::::::::::: there's a bug now where CONSTANTLY it doesn't work as intended with youtube anymore. FIX PLEASE!! love this app so much and i hope i don't need to install another one!
- (2020-01-23) Lukáš Josai: The best universal darkMode out there! This is even better than DarkReader!
- (2020-01-16) bahrta sai: So far I love it but I do have 2 feature requests/suggestions. 1. An option to Import an entire CSS script then modify the values as desired to create the perfect custom theme. 2. Export to CSS option. I understand if this feature isn't likely but while I like WYSIWYG editors, I know CSS & I also like having the precise control that being able to edit the CSS directly provides. That's why I've been using Stylus, but having an option to use the WYSIWYG for the base theme, then customize it further, or vice versa would be perfect. If I couldn't figure out how to get exactly the theme I want, I could simply export it to CSS, customize it exactly as I want it & re-import it.
- (2020-01-16) Joao Silva: Top.... Muito bom.. Recomendado. :)
- (2020-01-14) saksham dahiya: do not work on 1337x.to fuek up the page https://prnt.sc/qnpoer https://prnt.sc/qnpp5g
- (2020-01-12) 颂刀刀: epic
- (2020-01-03) Shlomi Yahbes: Great ! maybe the Best ..
- (2019-12-25) •Ranik•: amazing
- (2019-12-13) xin flynn: yes, Very nice!
- (2019-12-11) Damie Hess: Fantastic! My eyes are thankful.
- (2019-12-04) Maximiliano J. V. C.: Simplemente hermoso! Es muy personalizable. Se agradece.
- (2019-12-02) 猴王丹: 非常好！
- (2019-11-27) Angel GR: muy buena la numero 1, las demas no sirven , pero seria mejor que pudieramos cambiar las cosas por separado: letras ,titulos, colores. botones etc , ya que si muevo un color a veces al mover mucho el contraste o brillo afecta a otras cosas. por eso seria bueno que fuera separada cada cosa para que sea mas facil personalizar y cada cosa independiente asi ya no seria tan complicado
- (2019-11-20) Ra Mha: Great extension overall but hogs my cpu resources and the site freezes. Scrolling is slow. Perhaps it'll work well on a powerful pc. However it makes my reading experience horrible. Will try to solve it on my side.
- (2019-11-12) Suha Aksöz: This extension is awesome! Could you do anything with the white flash while loading pages?
- (2019-11-04) Adan Alvarez: Soberbiamente de las mejores aplicaciones de este estilo que he usado. Recomendable de aquí hasta otra galaxia.
- (2019-11-02) James Heller: Ï used before this Dark Reader but in option they are no math Midnight Lizard win on all aspects ! best app for chrome for sure !
- (2019-10-30) Дмитрий Сергеевич: Супер! Отличное разрешение, пользуюсь давно, куча гибких настроек, подойдет каждому. Благодаря ему, могу дольше находится за компом.
- (2019-10-28) Jun-Ki Han: 배경화면 어둡게 설정하는 확장 프로그램 중 제일 좋은 듯합니다. 레이아웃도 전부 표시되고 좋아요
- (2019-10-24) 超好用，我超喜欢的。
- (2019-10-24) X Guillaume: It's good, still have some issues, one criticals is that can't set readed link show as different color highlighted, or may be didn't find way to set it up.
- (2019-10-23) adventurer M: 非常棒的插件但是打开哔哩哔哩 TA的视频的时候有bug Awesome plugin but there is a bug when opening 哔哩哔哩 TA video
- (2019-10-07) Ben Piper: Just switched to this from Dark Reader, and so far I'm loving it. I went and grabbed all of the extra themes from the theme site. Great job dev! Thanks! The only problem I've had is that I can't favorite or like themes on the theme site, only install and apply them. I tried this on my main Chrome with all other extensions disabled, in Chrome incognito with only this, and a clean install of Firefox with just Midnight Lizard. Not a huge issue for me but it might be for others.
- (2020-02-12, v:10.4.0) sar-oogle dav-oogle: no extension value
so there is no value to the extension or doesnt display at top notification tool bar, it just dissapears and reappers. really annoying
- (2020-01-18, v:10.4.0) edward collins: enable midnight lizard
midnightlizard won't change pages color
- (2020-01-16, v:10.4.0) bahrta sai: Suggestion: CSS import/export
So far I love it but I do have 2 feature requests/suggestions. 1. An option to Import an entire CSS script then modify the values as desired to create the perfect custom theme. 2. Export to CSS option. I understand if this feature isn't likely but while I like WYSIWYG editors, I know CSS & I also like having the precise control that being able to edit the CSS directly provides. That's why I've been using Stylus, but having an option to use the WYSIWYG for the base theme, then customize it further, or vice versa would be perfect. If I couldn't figure out how to get exactly the theme I want, I could simply export it to CSS, customize it exactly as I want it & re-import it.
- (2019-10-24, v:10.4.0) Hazik Ali Ahmad: JIRA Not Supported
Side panel in JIRA goes from black to white once the page finishes loading
- (2019-10-05, v:10.4.0) K B: GDPR data request
Please tell me where I can email you regarding this
- (2019-09-29, v:10.4.0) William R: Long time user of your product, I donated as well
This has become so resource heavy in vivaldi that the additional time to page loads is not worth it. I have reduced settings and the processing method to simple but its still materially above the benefit I get in appearance. Great example is amazon.com, I need those images to load instantly, I use that site for everything even groceries now. What other sites are going slowly but I didnt even notice cause I always have your app on. I LOVED your app man, I hope this is something solvable. Thank you for the time I have enjoyed this
- (2019-07-05, v:10.4.0) Jacob Broderick: Website-specific options?
My purpose for looking in to this software is actually to differentiate between a variety of very similar websites that I have to use for work. The differences are critical, and I'd just like to make it so that they have a subtle visual hue difference so that I have a sort of safety net to catch me before I make changes on each individual website. So, my question: Does this app allow for changing the hue of the background for specific areas of websites? Example: https://www.place.com/1111 and http://www.place.com/2222 If so, how?
- (2019-06-18, v:10.4.0) Ian Sison: Extension being marked as corrupted
Recently i've been getting this problem with midnight lizard. Chrome says that the extension may be corrupted. I need to go into the extensions panel and click 'repair' My chrome version is Version 77.0.3824.6 (Official Build) dev (64-bit) Running on Linux. Hope you can help send a fix!
- (2019-05-30, v:10.3.2) Jennifer Bland: support needed
How can I restore my settings prior to installing this extension?
- (2019-05-14, v:10.3.2) Rebekah Gribble: Browser compatibility
Will this work for Kiwi Browser on Android? Thx
- (2019-02-02, v:10.2.0) Revolucion Animal lml: how enable in local files?
my question is : how i could enable this extension to work in my local files?
- (2018-12-30, v:10.1.6) S Steslow: One big mess
I somehow ended up with Green where black should be. When I use the dark mode for chrome it comes out darkish green and not black. I am assuming that changes I made in your extension screwed this all up as it doesn't happen in firefox or IE. The videos look like they have a hazy over them like looking through smoke. I deleted your extension bu the problem remained. When you delete this extension are there things I should have set back to default first? I simply wanted a night mode on websites but I think your extension is just to complicated for me and what ever changes I made in it has screwed my browser view up royally. I can't tell you what changes I made inyour ext, I didn't really understand what all those settings meant but didn't think I could hurt anything my playing around with it to see how it worked. I was wrong. Is there a way to set your ext back to it's default then then delete it? I am so confused. By the way the reason I found it was your ext causing the issue is because after disabling it and removing it and still having the issue, I reinstalled it and turned it on in youtube and if I have it on and the browsers default dark mode, the green background and the haze goes away... at this point I just want the browsers dark mode back and no haze. Susan