Custom color schemes for all websites: night mode, dark themes, blue light filter, screen shader, high contrast, grayscale, etc.
Midnight Lizard color schemes work across all websites. There are many predefined color schemes and you can install more from midnight-lizard.org ✔ Choose between dark, light, grayscale or colorful color schemes ✔ Modify existing or create new color schemes ✔ Use different color schemes on each website ✔ Adjust brightness, saturation, contrast and hues ✔ Improve accessibility and readability ✔ Increase contrast to make text easier to read ✔ Apply blue light filter to shift all colors towards red light ✔ Keep original images and hues without inversion ✔ Schedule automatic activation and deactivation ✔ Use keyboard shortcuts to toggle extension ⮚ on current website: Alt+Shift+L ⮚ globally: Alt+Shift+M ✔ Use with PDF and local files (enable in browser settings) ✔ Shade bright colors and images ✔ Change any colour you want ✔ Synchronize your settings ✔ Configure background, text, buttons, links, borders, images and scrollbars ✔ Apply globally, per-website or with url match patterns ✔ Switch between websites blacklist and whitelist modes ✔ Use Simplified mode to improve performance on heavy websites ✔ Contribute to our open source project on GitHub.com/Midnight-Lizard ✔ Donate to our OpenCollective.com/Midnight-Lizard Please use browser themes in order to style New Tab page, tabs and toolbars - extensions cannot do that. Also extensions don't work on New Tab page, Chrome Web Store and browser settings.
- (2020-07-07) 孫守真: 蠻好用的，執行效能與設定的彈性都不錯。感恩感恩 讚歎讚歎 南無阿彌陀佛
- (2020-07-06) Doug Gmail: Game Changer
- (2020-07-04) Slym GNR: gerçekten güzel bir uygulama
- (2020-07-04) Uroš Antonijević: Excellent extension. Lifesaver.
- (2020-06-29) esdras españa: asombrosa te permite adaptar casi todas las paginas y es muy facil de manejar
- (2020-04-13) John Lancelot: 还是一个非常不错的插件，比很多的同类软件个性化很多，优化也更好（关键是不收费啊），但是这个插件就没有那么人性化了，比如night eye就可以根据我浏览器的皮肤设置自动调整开关，这个就不行，希望后续能跟进这个功能
- (2020-04-13) JH zhang: 都挺好，就是没有一键打开关闭按钮，还得进入菜单，另外有些黑色文字没有反转颜色，导致糊掉，测试了很多软件，只有一款软件能让黑色文字反转。
- (2020-04-12) varghese mathew: excellent app. Almost perfect. But Buggy when latex codes comes on the screen
- (2020-04-09) Ahmed M Kafi: It's easy to use and have a really good color schemes that are easy on the eyes
- (2020-04-09) mark elvis: Very flexible . I love it .
- (2020-04-09) rmpbklyn: excelente, saved my eyes .
- (2020-04-03) Minimal Tango: love it Dude! many thanks for your work c(°-°)=b
- (2020-04-02) Danzing Watson: This extension is pretty much perfect, but it would be nice to have the option to keep the Midnight Lizard popup in dark mode, even when it's disabled on the current page (this would be great for websites that already offer dark mode). Also, it doesn't seem to work on the Chrome Web Store, it just says "Settings for default" without making it dark...
- (2020-03-27) Saman Zamani: اگه طرفداری تم دارک هستید توصیه می کنیم تستش کنید
- (2020-03-27) 非常好用，比黑底白字的插件舒服
- (2020-03-21) Mohamed Shabbeer: uhhhhhh just fabulousssssss
- (2020-03-17) 流年: 看起来不错
- (2020-03-14) Dorian Goldstein: Always used a dark mode text editor, this is the best one I used so far. Many websites had hard to read details in other extensions so I set the site access to on click.
- (2020-03-13) Ravizioli: Epic Darkmode
- (2020-03-11) JAY Young: 没有比这个更完美的夜间模式了，对比了多个，只有这个的网站兼容性最好，还支持定时启动！如果能跟随系统夜间模式切换就更完美了！
- (2020-03-10) 春、: I'm excited that it's available on book walker com which does me a favor.If one day I do have a Amercian bank card I'd like tosupport but one question whenopen a new page at first fewseconds it's still dazzling and the pictures on bookwalker aren't quite true to the original. possible to solve?
- (2020-03-06) 1: Running on new Edge. Feels a little heavy. Noticeable page load lag on new Edge.
- (2020-03-04) Ethan Arkangel Rivera: BUENA BUENA BUENA, DEBEN AÑADIR COLORES INTERMEDIOS O COLORES PASTEL Y RAPIDO
- (2020-02-28) Juliana Silva: Gostei, muito bom!
- (2020-02-27) Andy: This extension saves me hours of work when restyling websites loaded with color elements because said elements are recolored. Also, it’s perfect for users with zero css knowledge.
- (2020-06-27, v:10.5.1) bahrta sai: 'Local Storage' is non-existent
I keep getting this message: app.raindrop.io says Midnight Lizard Settings application failed. Refresh the page and try again. Browser limits total sync storage available for each extension to 102400 bytes. You have exceeded this limit. You can switch to local storage on 'Global settings' tab in Midnight Lizard's settings popup and all settings with be automatically transferred to local storage. --- Where is the local storage option? I looked on the Global settings tab & it's nowhere to be found.
- (2020-04-14, v:10.4.3) 1: colors bleed through
colors bleed on to page even with Lizard Off
- (2020-03-29, v:10.4.3) Jin Su: Google.com search
For some reason, the extension works awesome in almost every site except for google.com search which is blindingly bright. Toggling or whitelisting google.com doesn't seem to do anything.
- (2020-03-10, v:10.4.0) Aída Ríos-Franco: How to disable on gmail or other page
I don't want to use the extension on Gmail or YouTube because I prefer to use their options on those pages
- (2020-02-12, v:10.4.0) sar-oogle dav-oogle: no extension value
so there is no value to the extension or doesnt display at top notification tool bar, it just dissapears and reappers. really annoying
- (2020-01-18, v:10.4.0) edward collins: enable midnight lizard
midnightlizard won't change pages color
- (2020-01-16, v:10.4.0) bahrta sai: Suggestion: CSS import/export
So far I love it but I do have 2 feature requests/suggestions. 1. An option to Import an entire CSS script then modify the values as desired to create the perfect custom theme. 2. Export to CSS option. I understand if this feature isn't likely but while I like WYSIWYG editors, I know CSS & I also like having the precise control that being able to edit the CSS directly provides. That's why I've been using Stylus, but having an option to use the WYSIWYG for the base theme, then customize it further, or vice versa would be perfect. If I couldn't figure out how to get exactly the theme I want, I could simply export it to CSS, customize it exactly as I want it & re-import it.
- (2019-10-24, v:10.4.0) Hazik Ali Ahmad: JIRA Not Supported
Side panel in JIRA goes from black to white once the page finishes loading
- (2019-10-05, v:10.4.0) K B: GDPR data request
Please tell me where I can email you regarding this
- (2019-09-29, v:10.4.0) William R: Long time user of your product, I donated as well
This has become so resource heavy in vivaldi that the additional time to page loads is not worth it. I have reduced settings and the processing method to simple but its still materially above the benefit I get in appearance. Great example is amazon.com, I need those images to load instantly, I use that site for everything even groceries now. What other sites are going slowly but I didnt even notice cause I always have your app on. I LOVED your app man, I hope this is something solvable. Thank you for the time I have enjoyed this
- (2019-07-05, v:10.4.0) Jacob Broderick: Website-specific options?
My purpose for looking in to this software is actually to differentiate between a variety of very similar websites that I have to use for work. The differences are critical, and I'd just like to make it so that they have a subtle visual hue difference so that I have a sort of safety net to catch me before I make changes on each individual website. So, my question: Does this app allow for changing the hue of the background for specific areas of websites? Example: https://www.place.com/1111 and http://www.place.com/2222 If so, how?
- (2019-06-18, v:10.4.0) Ian Sison: Extension being marked as corrupted
Recently i've been getting this problem with midnight lizard. Chrome says that the extension may be corrupted. I need to go into the extensions panel and click 'repair' My chrome version is Version 77.0.3824.6 (Official Build) dev (64-bit) Running on Linux. Hope you can help send a fix!
- (2019-05-30, v:10.3.2) Jennifer Bland: support needed
How can I restore my settings prior to installing this extension?
- (2019-05-14, v:10.3.2) Rebekah Gribble: Browser compatibility
Will this work for Kiwi Browser on Android? Thx
- (2019-02-02, v:10.2.0) Revolucion Animal lml: how enable in local files?
my question is : how i could enable this extension to work in my local files?
- (2018-12-30, v:10.1.6) S Steslow: One big mess
I somehow ended up with Green where black should be. When I use the dark mode for chrome it comes out darkish green and not black. I am assuming that changes I made in your extension screwed this all up as it doesn't happen in firefox or IE. The videos look like they have a hazy over them like looking through smoke. I deleted your extension bu the problem remained. When you delete this extension are there things I should have set back to default first? I simply wanted a night mode on websites but I think your extension is just to complicated for me and what ever changes I made in it has screwed my browser view up royally. I can't tell you what changes I made inyour ext, I didn't really understand what all those settings meant but didn't think I could hurt anything my playing around with it to see how it worked. I was wrong. Is there a way to set your ext back to it's default then then delete it? I am so confused. By the way the reason I found it was your ext causing the issue is because after disabling it and removing it and still having the issue, I reinstalled it and turned it on in youtube and if I have it on and the browsers default dark mode, the green background and the haze goes away... at this point I just want the browsers dark mode back and no haze. Susan