Custom color schemes for all websites: night mode, dark themes, blue light filter, screen shader, high contrast, grayscale, etc.
Midnight Lizard color schemes work across all websites. There are many predefined color schemes and you can install more from midnight-lizard.org ✔ Choose between dark, light, grayscale or colorful color schemes ✔ Modify existing or create new color schemes ✔ Use different color schemes on each website ✔ Adjust brightness, saturation, contrast and hues ✔ Improve accessibility and readability ✔ Increase contrast to make text easier to read ✔ Apply blue light filter to shift all colors towards red light ✔ Keep original images and hues without inversion ✔ Schedule automatic activation and deactivation ✔ Use keyboard shortcuts to toggle extension ⮚ on current website: Alt+Shift+L ⮚ globally: Alt+Shift+M ✔ Use with PDF and local files (enable in browser settings) ✔ Shade bright colors and images ✔ Change any colour you want ✔ Synchronize your settings ✔ Configure background, text, buttons, links, borders, images and scrollbars ✔ Apply globally, per-website or with url match patterns ✔ Switch between websites blacklist and whitelist modes ✔ Use Simplified mode to improve performance on heavy websites ✔ Contribute to our open source project on GitHub.com/Midnight-Lizard ✔ Donate to our OpenCollective.com/Midnight-Lizard Please use browser themes in order to style New Tab page, tabs and toolbars - extensions cannot do that. Also extensions don't work on New Tab page, Chrome Web Store and browser settings.
- (2021-06-19) Tis Answer: 关于该插件与油猴脚本: AC-baidu:重定向优化百度搜狗谷歌搜索_去广告_favicon_双列 冲突的解决办法:选择插件的常规选项,处理方式选择精简,然后点击右边的应用(意思是精简处理仅应用于该网站). 最好再把百度去广告脚本选项里的护眼模式给关了
- (2021-06-19) AbuBakar Siddique Akhtar Ali Qaisar: awesome
- (2021-06-15) Alejandro del Hierro: Very good extension! Offers tons of customizability and works seamlessly with most websites and the fact that it's free is just icing on the cake
- (2021-06-15) Mrinal Roy Chowdhury: What an amazing piece of extension. This really helped me add nord theme on my browser and I couldn't be happier about the performance and looks.
- (2021-06-15) Tan Tom: Good!
- (2021-05-19) gomana golia: So good 😍😍😍
- (2021-05-15) Tamjid Hasan: but not working perfectly on facebook.com. why?
- (2021-05-12) TRABZON OFLU-RECEP: HARİKA ÖTESİ BİR UYGULAMA KLASİK CHROME UYGULAMASINDAN BIKMIŞTIK RENGARENK BİR UYGULAMA EMEĞİ GEÇENE TEŞEKKÜR EDİYORUM MADEİN TÜRKİSH YORUMU
- (2021-05-12) wang qing: 用过最好的一款夜间模式
- (2021-05-04) Juan Ramos Plaza: Es tan completa y configurable que en un principio se hace un poco difícil el saber usarla y configurarla, he probado todas las extensiones para cambiar el color y luminosidad de las web para no dañar los ojos y sin lugar a dudas esta es la mejor
- (2021-04-25) REVENGE: its very good, but the memory usage is suffering since I installed it .
- (2021-04-20) David S. Ross: Well done, thank you for this.
- (2021-04-17) Booshcock appu: WOW!!!
- (2021-04-15) Oswal Enrique Rojas Sanabria: He probado varias extensiones de filtro de luz, y sin duda esta es la mejor. Fácil de usar y con muy buenas opciones. Felicidades.
- (2021-04-15) Lemmie Schwartz: It is a quality extension and It helped me because I always email in yellow and It is hard to read it when it is a white screen but it ihelped with that!
- (2021-04-13) Rachel UnderCover: Great and unlike a lot of similar extensions it is completely free! Which it should be as why should being able to use the internet like everyone else be a paid privilege. It is also highly customisable!
- (2021-04-01) Mélanie Lachapelle: Wow quelle différence, merci !
- (2021-03-30) Steven Shi: Very great. Better than other dark mode extension. Most of the sites looks great, but some of them doesn't look so great. Overall, pretty good.
- (2021-03-29) Invert: Just good.
- (2021-03-24) Mohamed Mohy: Best Dark Mode Ever
- (2021-03-17) Bob Stuntsville: dark theme is nice :)
- (2021-03-11) Giulio Moraca: perfect
- (2021-03-06) Zhiheng Lin: It looks great, but slows down gmail a lot.
- (2021-03-06) Юрий Васёв: OxyeHHaR programma ,da?Mne nravitca.It's good))))
- (2021-03-05) Marcelo P.: Permite usar as funções de escurecimento apenas em um site ou aba específico, deixando as demais independentes. É o que eu procurava. Obrigado!
- (2021-02-27) zhongkui yang: very googd ,i like
- (2021-02-22) 4:3: После установки начались тормоза на страницах.
- (2021-02-20) Abdulla Bahassan: THIS IS THE BEST EXTENSION IN MY OPINION, SOO MANY OPTIONS
- (2021-02-09) Matthew Clinton: Could not live without this extension! I use it on every computer I own, wish chrome would allow extensions on mobile so I could use it there.
- (2021-02-09) Arad Gouklani: just absolutely amazing really happy i found it
- (2021-02-08) J.Q. Wang: 百度搜索有bug，无法显示搜索结果，希望改进
- (2021-02-08) Ravi Ganesh: Best among the extensions i have tried. Looking for this kind of extension from long time.
- (2021-02-05) Vihaan S: It works quite well and has a lot of options To customize it to your own liking but it is slightly complex and is hard to understand it at the beginning (Though that is solved by a simple YouTube Tutorial) Would be better if it simpler to understand ,Another thing is that when you want to create a custom colour there is no colour selector option you need to get the colour code , Which is slight Pain . Over all is the best in the field of Customising the colour of Your Browser
- (2021-02-01) Veronique Lablue: Lag was awful for someone who works fast pace for work where every second counts. Even on simplified view. Okay for browsing, I guess. But, I work 10+ hours a day, and I need my browser to be responsive. Too bad. I really like how customized you can make the themes. Oh well!
- (2021-02-01) Abbas Rafiei: perfect
- (2021-01-31) zloidooraque: just havin this extension turned on (and not switched on for any site, and even having all tab suspended) makes youtube video constantly lag lag lag. features are good, but such behaviour is unacceptable. too sad i just have to uninstall it or turn on/off situationally.
- (2021-01-28) Jump with the Devil: This extension is fantastic. It really saddens me to see the web go from this incredibly intuitive, easy to read, easy to navigate standard we had about 10 years ago, to increasingly worse and worse ui on increasingly ad-ridden websites. Whereas extension-less browsing was once a perfectly acceptable norm, today I would not dream of it. In today's browsing experience, certain extensions are absolutely necessary--AdBlock, uBlock Origin, TamperMonkey (Anti-AdBlock Killer), etc. Thankfully, you can now count Midnight Lizard among them. Miss the look of Windows XP-Vista-7 era internet? It's back! Need a relaxing dark mode at night? You got it. No more will you have to strain your eyes on ridiculously low contrast, or restrict colors to blinding white or pitch black. Sure, countless web extensions offer some sort of "dark mode," but Midnight Lizard really goes above and beyond. There's 15 presets (of which my favorites are Morning Mist, Inverted Light, and Green on Black) that ship with it, plus an extensive settings menu to manufacture your own custom look. You can set it or one of the presets as the default for all websites, or create separate looks for individual websites. It is also easy to toggle the extension on or off, to go back to the vanilla website appearance. If you're fed up of garbage ui trends dominating today's website design, you finally have the power to take back your browsing experience, and at least make the web a lot more viewable again.
- (2021-01-26) T Y: I was getting tired of extensions with only 2 options (black or white), so this was a perfect solution. I loved how customizable it was! A little confusing at first to manage the current webpage vs global settings but I figured it out. The only reason I'm sadly going to uninstall the extension (and why I docked 2 stars) is because it slows down my computer soooo much. It was lagging everything I did on chrome. As soon as I switched to my other black-or-white-only extension, it came right back up at normal speed, so it's obvious that this was the cause. Maybe my laptop is getting a little old, but I think the customizability comes at the price of speed :(
- (2021-01-23) Stéphan_ D.: ENFIN! Merci!
- (2021-01-21) L.L: Ta chido 👍
- (2021-01-13) TakTak: Harika bir uygulama. Özellikle alışveriş sitelerinde gezinirken gözlerim çok yoruluyordu. Ekranımı gece moduna alsam bile siteyi karartmak çok rahat ettirdi. Hem de enerji tasarrufu. Tüm sitelerde işe yarıyor.
- (2021-01-12) Racim Boussa: this is life changing.
- (2021-01-10) Delete Girl: thank you now I can write and read in with the burn of the white.
- (2021-01-09) Adam Galvin: This extension is amazing! It might take a few minutes to wrap your head around the control scheme, but that allows for a totally customisable experience! I am not sure whether I missed it, but my only gripe is that there appears to be timer options to turn on/off Midnight Lizard. It would be great if you could use a timer to switch between a night/day theme. This would, for e.g, allow a Solarized light palette during the day, switching to dark in the evening.
- (2021-01-05) mask virtual: 您好，该扩展功能很强大，配色主题也很多，但是该扩展导致百度搜索页面所有的搜索结果无法显示。我关闭了所有的脚本和其他扩展后，仍有此问题，希望能够改进。
- (2021-01-02) nocturnal digitalist: Avoid it at best. I dont know why developers act like kardashians whom have achieved nothing in life nor can make their software or service successful without users who use them constantly and recommend so that developer can get more users and sometimes donate them to keep project and life alive. I was using dark reader before this but having issues with the extension on webpages after enabling it and no reply from Russian developer of dark reader (maybe dead or lost in colds and winters of Russia), I turned to this after searching and trying many others. But OMG, this developer is also same and extension works same. Once you enable this, webpages takes ages to load, react or take any response. And I am using this on chrome, firefox desktop browsers and mobile browsers like firefox fennec and iceraven browser. Also issues of white patches. I have many good things to talk about this extension but the bad response kills all. Instead of 5 stars here comes 1 star. But now I am not using this after arrogant behavior of kardashian developer and uninstalled this. Also reported and mailed to google team about how developer talks to users so that they can look into what action they want to take. Meanwhile my search for another dark mode for webpages extension begins for all the places I use this midnight lizard extension. Horrible. Nightmarish experience. Wont recommend. 5 stars are mostly here paid and not by genuine users otherwise they would have pointed out issues and how developer treats them. BEWARE.
- (2020-12-29) Sebastian Pini: Please add import/export functionality. Otherwise this extension is nothing but great.
- (2020-12-28) J Li: 非常之好用 配色也非常合理
- (2020-12-21) Michael Valensis: Really appreciate this amazing piece of software. Very well done, easy to use, provides lots of customization options. Unfortunately, performance on many websites is reduced drastically. I know there are multiple processing modes, including a simplified one which improves performance, but it does not meet my needs in terms of customization functionality.
- (2020-12-07) Ken Franks: Great choices! Thanks, guys.
- (2021-04-12, v:10.7.0) Glendale Walter: Still not working on Facebook
Still not working on Facebook even though "Allow this extension to read and change all your data on websites you visit:" option is set to On all sites. It works on all other sites but Facebook. I rather use my Midnight Lizard Custom Theme for Facebook.
- (2021-03-17, v:10.7.0) Bob Stuntsville: text flashing on google docs
sometimes when I type words on google docs, the text flashes when I type new characters. another problem is when I type, sometimes google docs gives that suggested line thing, where youre typing something like "social me" and it suggests adding "dia" and you just press tab to autofill. whatever those are work fine, but the suggested text, which is normally more faded than the normal text, is now the same color. would be nice if that text was faded. I dont thinks its prominent enough to add a new slider, so idk about that. the second problem isnt really a big deal, the first problem is the big thing for me personally, so fix that first if you can. I use a custom scheme of dimmed dust, if that helps with anything.
- (2021-03-15, v:10.7.0) Trone: Stars should not be recolored (less bright/saturated = ok)
Star rating stars shouldn't be changed, except to be made less intense. The stars are not easy to read with most of the color schemes I've tried, and creating exceptions is either not easy or possible. This is the main reason I need to disable the extension for some websites, or use a non-night-mode scheme like Morning Mist, which reduces the brightness. Thanks!
- (2021-03-10, v:10.7.0) Илья: Issue with metro map
Hi! There is an issue in that page https://www.mosmetro.ru/metro-map/ (Interactive scheme of Moscow rapid transit incl. metro). Please try to fix it.
- (2021-01-08, v:10.6.0) Glendale Walter: I would rather use my custom Midnight Lizard color scheme instead for Facebook tho.
I would rather use my custom Midnight Lizard color scheme instead for Facebook tho.
- (2020-12-29, v:10.6.0) Aayush Mittal: Not working correctly with facebook
Not working correctly with facebook
- (2020-12-18, v:10.6.0) Glendale Walter: Doesn't work on Facebook
Facebook has crippled this extension from working properly on their platform. This extension works great everywhere else though.
- (2020-09-23, v:10.6.0) Darrah Chavey: Visited Links color
My visited links color extension was, apparently, disabled by Chrome, so I'm looking for a replacement. Midnight Lizard was recommended. I went to the Chrome store and installed it. As best as I can tell, I changed the global visited link color to purple. There was no effect. I restarted Chrome, just in case. Checked that Midnight Lizard was turned on, that it remembered that I had set the visited link color to purple, visited some new links, and ... nothing. All links continue to be blue. Can you tell me what I'm doing wrong? A screen shot of my settings is at: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_WgQr1_YB1T_UfRdx6UvmIItheTfknHE/view?usp=sharing. I have made no preference settings changes other than the visited links color. [Chrome Version 85.0.4183.102 running under MacOS 10.15.6 (Catalina).]
Hi What personal information you collect ? and where and how you use them?
- (2020-08-01, v:10.5.1) Lettuce Cobbler Twinkie: RGB, and HEX code input support
This is a REALLY brilliant extension that has done a whole lot better than the other ones I installed, but I am wondering if it can become possible to change a elements colors by inputting RGB, or HEX color codes so I can set a websites (elements) colors to a custom color? Can you guys integrate this as a feature when using the extension? Thanks, Lettuce Cobbler Twinkie
- (2020-06-27, v:10.5.1) bahrta sai: 'Local Storage' is non-existent
I keep getting this message: app.raindrop.io says Midnight Lizard Settings application failed. Refresh the page and try again. Browser limits total sync storage available for each extension to 102400 bytes. You have exceeded this limit. You can switch to local storage on 'Global settings' tab in Midnight Lizard's settings popup and all settings with be automatically transferred to local storage. --- Where is the local storage option? I looked on the Global settings tab & it's nowhere to be found.
- (2020-04-14, v:10.4.3) 1: colors bleed through
colors bleed on to page even with Lizard Off
- (2020-03-29, v:10.4.3) Jin Su: Google.com search
For some reason, the extension works awesome in almost every site except for google.com search which is blindingly bright. Toggling or whitelisting google.com doesn't seem to do anything.
- (2020-03-10, v:10.4.0) Aída Ríos-Franco: How to disable on gmail or other page
I don't want to use the extension on Gmail or YouTube because I prefer to use their options on those pages
- (2020-02-12, v:10.4.0) sarah-oogle davis-oogle: no extension value
so there is no value to the extension or doesnt display at top notification tool bar, it just dissapears and reappers. really annoying
- (2020-01-18, v:10.4.0) edward collins: enable midnight lizard
midnightlizard won't change pages color
- (2020-01-16, v:10.4.0) bahrta sai: Suggestion: CSS import/export
So far I love it but I do have 2 feature requests/suggestions. 1. An option to Import an entire CSS script then modify the values as desired to create the perfect custom theme. 2. Export to CSS option. I understand if this feature isn't likely but while I like WYSIWYG editors, I know CSS & I also like having the precise control that being able to edit the CSS directly provides. That's why I've been using Stylus, but having an option to use the WYSIWYG for the base theme, then customize it further, or vice versa would be perfect. If I couldn't figure out how to get exactly the theme I want, I could simply export it to CSS, customize it exactly as I want it & re-import it.
- (2019-10-24, v:10.4.0) Hazik Ali Ahmad: JIRA Not Supported
Side panel in JIRA goes from black to white once the page finishes loading
- (2019-10-05, v:10.4.0) K B: GDPR data request
Please tell me where I can email you regarding this
- (2019-09-29, v:10.4.0) William R: Long time user of your product, I donated as well
This has become so resource heavy in vivaldi that the additional time to page loads is not worth it. I have reduced settings and the processing method to simple but its still materially above the benefit I get in appearance. Great example is amazon.com, I need those images to load instantly, I use that site for everything even groceries now. What other sites are going slowly but I didnt even notice cause I always have your app on. I LOVED your app man, I hope this is something solvable. Thank you for the time I have enjoyed this
- (2019-07-05, v:10.4.0) Jacob Broderick: Website-specific options?
My purpose for looking in to this software is actually to differentiate between a variety of very similar websites that I have to use for work. The differences are critical, and I'd just like to make it so that they have a subtle visual hue difference so that I have a sort of safety net to catch me before I make changes on each individual website. So, my question: Does this app allow for changing the hue of the background for specific areas of websites? Example: https://www.place.com/1111 and http://www.place.com/2222 If so, how?
- (2019-06-18, v:10.4.0) Ian Sison: Extension being marked as corrupted
Recently i've been getting this problem with midnight lizard. Chrome says that the extension may be corrupted. I need to go into the extensions panel and click 'repair' My chrome version is Version 77.0.3824.6 (Official Build) dev (64-bit) Running on Linux. Hope you can help send a fix!
- (2019-05-30, v:10.3.2) Jennifer Bland: support needed
How can I restore my settings prior to installing this extension?
- (2019-05-14, v:10.3.2) Rebekah Gribble: Browser compatibility
Will this work for Kiwi Browser on Android? Thx
- (2019-02-02, v:10.2.0) Revolucion Animal lml: how enable in local files?
my question is : how i could enable this extension to work in my local files?
- (2018-12-30, v:10.1.6) S Steslow: One big mess
I somehow ended up with Green where black should be. When I use the dark mode for chrome it comes out darkish green and not black. I am assuming that changes I made in your extension screwed this all up as it doesn't happen in firefox or IE. The videos look like they have a hazy over them like looking through smoke. I deleted your extension bu the problem remained. When you delete this extension are there things I should have set back to default first? I simply wanted a night mode on websites but I think your extension is just to complicated for me and what ever changes I made in it has screwed my browser view up royally. I can't tell you what changes I made inyour ext, I didn't really understand what all those settings meant but didn't think I could hurt anything my playing around with it to see how it worked. I was wrong. Is there a way to set your ext back to it's default then then delete it? I am so confused. By the way the reason I found it was your ext causing the issue is because after disabling it and removing it and still having the issue, I reinstalled it and turned it on in youtube and if I have it on and the browsers default dark mode, the green background and the haze goes away... at this point I just want the browsers dark mode back and no haze. Susan