Optimize any website for legibility and reading: clear spaced font, nice contrast, zen focus & night dark mode. Simple & lightweight
Minimal Reading Mode is a super lightweight extension that optimizes any website for reading: clear spaced font, nice contrast, zen focus & auto night dark mode. Font size, color, typography, margins, line-heights and spacings, all have been analyzed and tested for more than two years to find the best reading experience on your screen, activating the latest typography rendering technology to smooth fonts and optimize legibility. Minimal Reading Mode keeps getting updated with tweaks and optimizations as new technology becomes available. ✪✪ FEATURES ✪✪ ✪ Night Dark Modes There's 3 Dark Mode themes available, featuring a black background design and eliminating blue colors to avoid eye strain and improve your sleep. You can switch amongst all the different themes. ✪ Image and media minification Images and other media found on the article are resized to a tiny square so it doesn't distract you from reading. To see the image/media at full size, simply move your cursor over it. This feature also becomes a great SFW (Safe For Work) solution when reading articles with dubious content. ✪ Custom settings Tweak your reading experience to your specific liking by choosing paragraph width, font size, font and background colors, font typography, line height, letter spacing and more. Settings are saved between sessions. ✪ Automatic Scroll to content ReadingMode will detect where the article starts and autoscroll to its title. ✪ Works on all websites Not just blog articles, any website can be enhanced for legibility. ✪ Super lightweight, CPU friendly ReadingMode is the lightest readability/legibility Chrome extension at less than 19KB, passive loading and no memory hogging. ✪ Automatic Clean-up Removes parts of the website that are repetitive and not interesting so that you don't lose focus, including Ads. ✪✪ HOW IT WORKS ✪✪ While on any website, click the red icon of a book on the status bar and the website will be automatically optimized for reading. You don't need to setup anything else although moving your mouse at the top right of the page a few buttons will appear to tweak font size, width, theme and full screen mode. To revert back to the original website simply refresh the page. ✪✪ FREE & OPEN SOURCE ✪✪ Minimal Reading Mode is open-source and also available as a bookmarklet here: https://gist.github.com/luckyshot/8a28768ae0f7035146946272563d8863
- (2021-02-25) Vu Pham: Good one, better if can change font color, right now eye really want to explode with red font.
- (2021-01-16) Tin Zi: This is a very nice and functional reading mode extension. However, the Dark Mode (orange/black) really stresses my eyes, i hope user gets several option or least be able to adjust one that's comfortable.
- (2020-09-25) kije kori: Good App. though need to improve for image , tables etc.
- (2020-08-31) Mai Hai: It works with Weava Highliter to a tee. Perfect!!
- (2020-04-03) Rogerio M. Souza: Cumpre o que promete! Rápido! Leve! Flui perfeitamente, com as opções de aumentar/diminuir a fonte, a largura do parágrafo, modo noturno... Obrigado ao Desenvolvedor!
- (2020-03-15) Johannes Kingma: It shows black text on a dark brown background. Pretty useless.
- (2019-12-27) grocery key: Amazing. Althorgh the style - font & color - is simple, but really makes me able to concentrate on the main content and read comfortably.
- (2019-12-02) Vadim KOT*: Please add Exit read mode button. Please fix light color highlights on night theme. https://docs.python.org/3/tutorial/venv.html
- (2019-06-19) Jared McGuire: Needs the ability to toggle when clicking the extension button. Also needs to remember the last settings. Other than that, simple and effective.
- (2019-05-28) Stuart White: works well
- (2019-05-08) Thor Galle: I like the minimalist design, but you should test with more sites. Some paragraphs increased in font-size and others did not while I was trying to adjust it. Other things I'd like to see: - It should be possible to leave the reading mode! - A button to reset to default font-size etc Thanks!
- (2019-03-23) André Lange: i wish i could give more stars, but the font and color of it, is really not good.. Would be awesome if there were fonts available to chose from and a couple of colors, in both modes. And ofc it should be able to save that setting. That might make it a 4 or 5 star extension.
- (2019-02-14) Enno E. Peter: Perfect little helper for focused reading! Thank you!
- (2018-12-09) vovx21: Works great, small size
- (2018-11-08) Emily Smirle: This extension does not ask for extensive permissions. It does not require the page to be reloaded in order to reformat it for reading-mode. The layout is similar to Reading Mode in Firefox, which is exactly what I was looking for. It handles websites that are trying to do layout with tables pretty well (which is good, they're endemic). I'm very pleased with this extension.
- (2018-10-24) Gersivan Oliveira: Deu ruim.
- (2018-10-21) Dragos Sol: works great! :)
- (2018-06-20) Maria Casas Deu: Very simple to use with a single click and much faster than anything else. Love it!