Data Scraper extracts data out of HTML web pages and imports it into Microsoft Excel spreadsheets
- (2020-09-14) Lee Georgianna: As an entrepreneur without specific IT skills, its great to have a resource by which I can conduct market pricing surveys. The staff at Data Miner are terrific, accessible and helpful and I've got just what I need at a reasonable price.
- (2020-09-11) Marek Kopinski: The extension is exactly what I'm looking for; performs perfectly, easy to use and support is excellent. Highly recommended for anyone looking for web scraping software!
- (2020-09-07) Thim Evangelista: Server issue (not working)
- (2020-08-17) Ebenezer Ajayi: good
- (2020-08-14) Judd Trayling: Awesome! That is it. I would say it took a little work at first but I have been able to obtain the data I want for my business quickly and unbelievable easily. This is opening up all kinds of avenues to help our marketing team, sales team, and our data management team work more effectively. Plus, the support is incredible. I was on the free version and wanted to prove that it worked. Went to the open office hours on the web and in less than a minute I was talking with a support rep who helped me in less than 5 minutes. Based on the support alone I am a paid subscriber. Within a day of using it I am now on the Enterprise Plan.
- (2020-08-02) TestFirst TestLast: You would use this extension in order to save time, right? But it's interface is so complex that it actually wastes a lot of time. Here are the top pain points with this extension: 1) It uses JQuery selectors. - very few people use that. You need to learn JQuery selectors to use this. XPath would have been a better choice. 2) Extracting - let's say you want to extract URL / Text. I've fiddled around with this tool at various occasions and it's extremely difficult to define what exactly you want to extract. is it in the columns field? Or while selecting rows? Or some other place? I've tried columns and it keeps extracting from page#1 while pagination has scrolled to page# 10. 3) You spend about 20 minutes of the time trying to configure the script than actually extracting data. In that much time I could have just extracted the data on my own. This addon's idea is very good. but the UI is horrible and the JQuery selectors are a poor design choice.
- (2020-08-02) Lokesh Srini: Initially took a bit of time to get a hold of how the tool works. When the initial learning is done, the process is fairly simple and quick. The tool works really well and I am able to scrape the required data in no time. This is the first web scraping tool I have ever used and it is really good.
- (2020-07-24) Vincent Wu: The experience with Data Miner is absolutely great! Zach has done a wonderful job in introducing the processes, answered all questions I had, and jumped on Go-to meetings as I requested. The website content is also very helpful, the app plug in has good UI, easy to use. I highly recommend their service!
- (2020-07-21) Laure Ellsbury: No public recipes for Facebook.
- (2020-07-15) Zanita Y: Great product, works well. You do have to play with it because every website is built differently. But once you understand how it works, its easy breezy from there. I highly recommend watching the tutorial first, don't try to wing it!
- (2020-07-15) Kalman Kiss: Great Product and Customer Service, what else do you need. Cheers.
- (2020-04-13) Raphael Ferreira: Best scrap tool you can ever find!
- (2020-04-05) lawal ayobami: work as expected
- (2020-03-30) inno: Really good beginner tool! Is a bit hard to figure out how to use, definitely watch the tutorial video before you start. After you get used to it Data scrapper is really handy and helpful!!!
- (2020-03-28) Pavel Reshetnik: Misleading description. It's stated that free version has only 500-page limitation but after installation it's turned out that it doesn't work for the popular websites like Zillow so you can't completely check the data execration quality. It should have been clearly mentioned in description.
- (2020-03-23) Nathan Ganser: Huge fan of Data Miner! They do office hours every week where you can just chat and discuss with their team! Great way to learn from pros!
- (2020-03-18) Cenny Wenner: Would not bother. Can barely perform the most trivial tasks. In order to anything useful, you have to pay for a plan, and if you do, the rate limits are laughably bad. Worse, the jobs always get stuck (even with the advice) and have to be rerun several times. Be lucky if you just waste an hour unnecessarily on this and pay $20 to scrape a tenth of a site. Decent and reactive support.
- (2020-03-14) said chakri: Tel que c'est présenté il vaut la peine.
- (2020-03-02) Justin Wheatley: A really simple but powerful tool for marketers looking to prospect and generate leads. Combine a great product with superb customer service (prompt and helpful) and you have a great combination!
- (2020-03-02) Spencer Allen: Perfect App. I've given these guys a lot of my money. the GUI of this scraper is top notch and the owners of the company have really amazing customer service.
- (2020-02-27) Chad Camacho: I used the service for a little over a year and it proved to be invaluable and freed up so much of my time that had otherwise been spent manually importing data every day. I did actually use it for the opposite of what it is built for - to upload data into a database via a webform - but the team were able to quickly build a custom solution for this and the support was excellent and fast. Highly recommend.
- (2020-02-25) Samir Ghosh: Great tool! I've tried a couple other tools like Octoparse. This is WAY easier. It doesn't handle the most difficult cases, but I've found nothing that does. DataMiner is one of the easier to use and still very powerful. Great support too!
- (2020-02-24) Charles Matthews: One of the best tools to save time & organise & download data! The free help session really helped me to figure out some things I couldn't understand. Compared to other tools like this, I rate this one the best!
- (2020-02-24) Stephen Pratley: Very easy to use, but with a lot of flexibility as you dig deeper. Paid plan needed for serious work, but the support was far better than I'd expected and saved me having to find a developer for a task I was working on.