Collect, organize, annotate and cite your research papers in Chrome
- (2021-04-13) J B: This is simply the best piece of software out there.
- (2021-04-11) Ryan Zujic: It just works the way you expect it to, and fills a niche that otherwise takes several other disconnected systems to fill. Thank you!
- (2021-03-15) Juan Ignacio Enghelmayer: ES MUY BUENA, RAPIDA Y PRACTICA LA RECOMIENDO!!!!
- (2021-02-07) JoAnn McLaughlin: I just discovered this extension and I love it. It is very easy to use. It is definitely one I will share with my students.
- (2021-01-15) James: Best on the market - especially with the new android app for offline reading.
- (2020-12-19) Jimmy Li: love love love that it integrates with Chrome and Google Drive so you can search for papers, add them using the extension, and then insert into a google doc. Amazing!!!
- (2020-12-02) Dmitry Shcherbo: The best way to keep papers in order while citing easily in Google Docs.
- (2020-10-05) shoichi: It's a great extension. In the current version (10/5/2020), the paperpile link does not appear on the google search results page (previously, I could clip websites directly from the google search results page as shown in screenshot 3).
- (2020-07-29) Katy Benson: This really is the best money I've invested in pursuing my degree - particularly as someone with ADHD! It makes everything so easy and fluid. I don't understand why people are still using more remedial software for referencing/citing - or worse, doing it manually - when paperpile is available. It renders everything else obsolete. The library feature is just SUPERB and again, saves me so much time and energy. I don't need to worry about printing and highlighting and annotating and filing bits of paper or books anymore. I can access my library anywhere with an internet connection. All my reading and research is neatly organised, labelled with appropriate tags, filed and annotated. I can easily export the highlighting/annotating I've done into a clearly organised document. I can easily access, organise and find every relevant bit of reading, research and note taking I've ever done. This really is a game changer!!!
- (2020-04-16) Whitney Smith: Paperpile is the best citation manager! I pretty much use google docs exclusively as my word processor of choice, and, since I do research, this extension is extremely useful for me. It is easy to use and very reliable. I used to use endnote but this has pretty much replaced it.
- (2020-03-15) Vincent Barletta: There's really nothing better. I've used Endnote since 2002, but always somewhat grudgingly. And yet, nothing seemed much better. Paperpile is the only reference manager that I think beats Endnote by a lot. It's straightforward, lean, and flexible. It's also very easy to share bibliography with others. Backing up to Google Drive is similarly excellent, as Endnote all buts requires users to back up to its own web version (you can make a copy of the bibliography and save it to Google Drive or OneDrive, etc., but this isn't the same). I use a PC with WIN10 and a Chromebook, and Paperpile works perfectly on both. My only quibble is that I'd like to alter the UI (why are titles so large and authors so small?), but this is far from a dealbreaker, as I can use the Stylus Chrome extension to alter the CSS in my browser.
- (2019-10-17) Chris Robison: This extension works great - it's simple and straightforward. Unless you use multiple gmail accounts. Then it's a huge pain, because PaperPile will give you an authentication error whenever you try to format your references until you log off from all of your accounts and log in to only the account that you have PaperPile through. A little dialog asking for confirmation or a password would be nice.
- (2019-09-05) Siddharth Mehta: Just made my PhD ten times easier!!
- (2019-06-03) Emily Summerbell: I was looking for extensions that will perform automatic in-text citations for a scientific manuscript when I stumbled across Paperpile. I have been using a different automatic citation app for Microsoft Word, but it's way more tedious to collaborate with multiple authors on Word, whereas Google Docs is easy for collaborations but doesn't have any built-in tools for automatic citations. Turns out, Paperpile is EXACTLY what I needed! Easy to use (figured it out in just a couple minutes), and I love that it will automatically update all references in the style you want. I also love being able to search for papers while writing and that there's a Chrome extension to add papers you searched online. So far so good, now to convince my co-authors to jump on board too.
- (2019-05-22) Tristan Cleveland: Wow, this is efficient and seamless. After trying to use Zotero's slow, buggy plugin for Google Docs, I am more than happy to pay $3 a month for something that actually works. In the short time I've been using it, they've even made it better, such as by adding a "edit this citation" button. Thank you for the great product.
- (2019-04-08) Michael Miller: Paperpile is all the citation manager you will ever need and the Chrome Plugin works perfectly!
- (2019-03-26) A citation manager for the millennial/gen Z grad student. Unbelievably smooth and integrates seamlessly into google docs and syncs over all computers, as it's attached to your email. As someone who does most of their writing on a chromebook, this is ESSENTIAL software. Like... I'm constantly in awe that this software works so well and is so EASY to use. Absolutely worth the price point when you factor in time saved & headaches avoided.
- (2019-02-13) Excellente application. Rapide à appréhender, très puissante, plutôt rapide à utiliser. Un vrai plus pour gérer sa biblio !
- (2019-01-27) Nivaldo A P de Vasconcelos: Excelent !!
- (2018-11-09) Apoorva Lal: Excellent, but usually takes a couple of refreshes for the extension to detect a pdf. Not sure why that is. Any fixes?
- (2018-09-25) Abby Christie: I've used this to write many many papers, grants, and now my masters thesis. I recommend this software to my friends when I see them manually inputting citations (like CAVE PEOPLE). You should charge more for this software, I would pay it. Thank you.
- (2018-09-22) Paperpile works the way I always imagined a cloud based literature management tool should. I've tried Mendeley and Zotero. I wanted to love Zotero in particular, but both of those apps just introduce too much friction when working with multiple devices. Paperpile allows me to flag papers while at work and then read them later on my e-reader, personal laptops, phone etc.
- (2018-07-15) Eric Lau: i don't need to say anymore, except that it's SO GOOD. it makes paper writing so much easier
- (2018-05-16) Nasiphi Ntshanga: Where do I even begin!!! BEST BEST BEST. Used it for the 30 days and I am definitely going to subscribed. Mendeley is great neh, but this 100x better!!! An intelligent system! Thank you to everyone who has been part of developing Paperpile, it has truly improved my thesis writing experience by A LOT! Only gripe is the lack offline functionality: or perhaps the paid version has this, but it would be great to insert references from my library even when online!!
- (2018-04-21) Deepika Fernando: Love how intelleigent paperpile is. All the other Ref management softwares that I have used need to be fed manually or they did not have Google Docs intergration. You can simply click the browser button and Paperpile does all the hardwork of downloading the pdf and updating the reference with correct data. The other cool thing is that you can search for papers while you are writing a document. I have never seen that anywhere! Awesome product and awesome support team - they helped to solve two of the problems I had very quickly. THis is the first Google Chrome app that I paid for and I never regret that money.
- (2018-03-18) Jared Lumpe: In my first year of a PhD and PaperPile has been incredibly useful. 1. great organizational system with nested folders, user-defined tags/labels with colors, good search function, etc. 2. Viewer with easy annotation functions like highlighting and comments 3. Great integration with Chrome, typically 1 click auto-downloads PDF with all the correct metadata 4. Integration /w Google Docs makes reference management incredibly easy 5. They make all your data readily available in generic formats so there is no vendor lock-in. Very rarely am I this satisfied with a product.
- (2018-02-09) Md. Shahinur Alam: Just love it better than any other referencing add on. It does the work perfectly. Besides their customer service is just awesome. I was in a trouble using this, they help me out. Appreciated!!
- (2018-01-06) Matthew Robertson: Absolutely superb. Better than Endnote and whatever else is out there. (PS: Full offline support please!!!!)
- (2018-01-05) Artin Majdi: its amazing. with lots of capabilities
- (2017-11-26) Nalaka Gooneratne: This has been a very useful reference manager for our team; we have stopped using other products. It includes the ability to format documents using the NIH PMCID field. The support is outstanding also--I had a problem over Thanksgiving break and they answered within 24 hours. We now write all our research manuscripts and grants using Google Docs and Paperpile, and I ask all my students, pre-docs and post-docs to use it.
- (2017-11-25) Boris Feniouk: Perfect, so far.
- (2017-11-02) Zviad Aburjania: Started having some "Whoops — something went wrong while formatting your document" problems and wasted my one day's work.
- (2017-10-30) Kamry Smiley: Paperpile is very useful. I got it because google docs doesn't have a references tab like MS Word. Will I still get some of the services after the free trial or will I have to pay to use it at all? I'm working on 3 research papers at the moment and my trial ends in 11 days so I better either get them done, or pay if I don't want to lose all my stuff.
- (2017-10-12) Luciano Chaves: Tem potencial, mas muito o que melhorar ainda.
- (2017-09-07) Christopher Goatley: Not functional. None of the buttons work on the extension. Disappointing as the Paperpile reference manager system is excellent.
- (2017-08-31) Amy Rogers: This is the best reference manager I have used (prev tried endnote and mendeley). So intuitive and works most of the time. The one problem I had was dealt with quickly by support.Integration with google docs is excellent and cloud-based library means I can work on any device straight away. I just wish my colleagues would switch over to google docs too as it doesn't always play nicely with MS Office.
- (2021-02-28, v:1.5.230) Ayşe Şiva Acar: Citation problems
ı can add my citations but they are not adding to my references they became just links.Also the portal that i add my links is changed too i cannot add them please help me
- (2021-01-11, v:1.5.225) Eden Parnell - Student: Paperpile won't install on my macbook
When I try to install the paperpile extension it will not let me do this on my mac - it says image decode failed. Please help!
- (2020-11-15, v:1.5.216) Gaurav Sonik: My Account
Hi, I was trying to check what is Paperpile, but I did not know that installing its chrome-extension will automatically start my free trial of 30 days. (I am using the trial period, isn't it?) Actually, I do not need this trial right now and will need it later. Is it possible to cancel this trial right now so that I can use it later? Thanks Gaurav Sonik
- (2020-04-02, v:1.5.137) Karina Aliaga: Problems to see references
Hi, I have an account but when I do click on the citation always see this message "You cannot view or change the references of this document" . Can I do something?
- (2020-02-27, v:1.5.122) Benjamin Xie: Extension has permissions issues w/ multiple Google accounts signed in
When I have am signed into my Paperpile Chrome extension with GoogleAccount1 and then sign into GoogleAccount2, the Paperpile Chrome extension has issues. Issues I've experienced include user authentication issues with the Google Docs extension (can't access my Paperpile) as well as with Paperpile.com/app (keeps asking me to install the Chrome plugin even though the plugin is activated and show I'm signed into GoogleAccount1, can't add new papers to Paperpile). I really like Paperpile and its Chrome plugin, but I also frequently have multiple Google Accounts active on Chrome (e.g. academic and personal).
- (2019-11-19, v:1.5.104) Jose Cerdan: tools google doc
I can not insert bibliography in my document, it was via tools paperpil insert biliography. Now that menu is gone, where do I find it again?
- (2019-06-27, v:1.5.89) NORA ANGELICA FUENTES: This item has been disabled in Chrome.
When I press Enable this item appears: A button that says remove from Chrome. Whats can I do?
- (2019-01-07, v:1.5.54) Suggested improvements: PDF annotation and better offline sorting
Hello, I love using Paperpile, but a few improvements would make it all the more user-friendly and productive. First being able to annotate, such as highlight and underline, the PDFs within Paperpile would make a great improvement. Secondly, being able to see your tags, folders and notes connected to the papers offline would be very helpful. Whether it be an app, or you could view papers in your google drive in the different categories rather than only being able to see them alphabetically. Please consider these improvements. Thank you Rachel
- (2018-09-20, v:1.5.27) Peter Hessbrueggen: Inhaltsverzeichnis in Word neu erstellen
Hallo, ich habe meine Dissertation zunächst in Google Docs geschrieben und alle Referenzen über paperpile eingefügt. Zunächst habe ich für jedes Kapitel ein eigenes Dokument erstellt, um eine angemessene Systemperformance zu haben. Als ich dann am Ende mit dem Abbildungs/Tabellenverzeichnis doch mit Word bessere Ergebnisse erzielt habe, musste ich alle Dokumente in Word überführen. Zunächst habe ich die Literaturverzeichnisse am Ende jedes Kapitels angefügt. Jedoch verlangen meine Gutachter, dass ich ein komplettes Verzeichnis am Ende erstellen muss. Wenn ich nun die jeweiligen Verzeichnisse per copy und hintereinander kopiere gibt es keine alphabetische Reihenfolge mehr und zusätzlich Dubletten. Meine Frage: Gibt es eine Möglichkeit aus einem Word Dokument (400 Seiten mit rd 400 Referenzen) ein paperpile Verzeichnis zu erstellen? Welcher alternativer Lösungsweg könnte noch gewählt werden? Vielen Dank für eure Unterstützung. Herzliche Grüße Peter
- (2018-09-06, v:1.5.27) Lynda Hounshell: Permissions Unnecessarily Broad
The permissions for this extension are extremely broad: > Permissions > - Read and change all your data on the websites you visit > - Modify data you copy and paste Can you please upload a version that *isn't* able to see my banking information?
- (2018-07-06, v:1.4.375) Rachel Brekhus: Zotero, Endnote, Mendeley
Does Paperpile communicate with other bibliographic management software? Can it import/export libraries/collections to and from these other products? This can be important if the rest of one's team is working with one of these products.
- (2018-06-14, v:1.0.356) Can't directly import a PDF from Chrome
Bizarrely, the extension is unable to import a PDF directly from a Chrome tab. When I click on a linked PDF, and it is loaded into chrome, selecting he extension results in a message that it cannot detect a PDF in the tab, even though a PDF is all that is in the tab.
- (2018-06-02, v:1.0.356) John McKeown: buttons
All the buttons at top e.g. highlight etc have gone.
- (2018-05-14, v:1.0.356) Can I attach PDFs through the extension?
Paperpile never pulls the HeinOnline and HathiTrust PDFs for me, which I can live with. I usually download the PDF, then click the extension to add the citation. However, I can't just then drag the PDF to the extension box, and instead have to open the Paperpile app each time, and then attach it there, which takes more clicking than I'd prefer. Is there a quicker way to do this, or do I have to keep going to the app?
- (2018-04-23, v:1.0.355) justine newport: lables
I cannot get the coloured labels to work.I click( they are not coloured and nothing happens