Easily erase unwanted elements from web pages.
Page Eraser is a Chome extension that lets you erase elements on a page. Use it to remove sidebars, distracting content and even Flash banner ads, all while maintaining the layout of the page. Simply click the button (or press Ctrl+Shift+E) to enable it, and click the element you want to erase; It couldn't be easier. If you want to get the content back, just refresh the browser. Page Eraser can even be configured to NOT maintain layout, allowing the page to reorganize itself when elements are erased. 2.2: Incognito support added. Be sure to check the Options to see how incognito pages are stored and can be removed! 2.1: Chrome 20 is now the minimum browser version Page Eraser can support. This should solve many of the issues with the extension not working on certain version on OSX. 2.0: MAJOR UPDATE! - Page Eraser now persists erasers even between visits and page refreshes! - Erasers can be removed from individual pages from the options page. - https:// sites such as Twitter and Facebook are now supported - Fewer permissions needed, resulting in less ambiguous warnings during installation - Eraser fade out time can be configured in the options page NOTE: Please remember to refresh any open tabs the first time you install Page Eraser.
- (2020-02-27) Ranjit Kumar: Awesome plugin and very useful. Please implement for login based to see the erasers. So anywhere I can login and use my erasers. Great work. Thanks for your support.
- (2019-12-08) Liam Nidiffer: It makes sites that are saturated with ads actually usable. If a regular adblocker won't function I suggest using this to make websites like Citation Machine more tolerable.
- (2019-09-22) Charity Reed: Does absolutely nothing when the icon is clicked. Even after reloading pages. Edit: If reloading doesn't work try closing Chrome completely and reopening. However this doesn't allow me to remove the huge amount of white space to the right of a Google search so it doesn't help with what I need.
- (2019-09-03) Renan da Silva Cesar: Nice extension. Very useful. Love it ;-)
- (2019-04-17) Dj Funtik: Включается через раз, а то и через 10 раз, но если выключаешь, то выключается сразу, практически никогда не запоминает стёртые блоки и в результате никакой полезной деятельности! А задумка классная, реализация выбора стираемого элемента мне тоже понравилась, жалко что в итоге ничего не работает
- (2019-03-26) Rosu-Gutman Daniel: It did what it said it does but it lacks a lot of features that would make it actually useful in day to day use. Right now it could be useful if you need to take a screenshot of something and want to hide elements but even so, the lack of an undo button makes the task rather assiduous.  i keep trying to use it but without an undo option it's just frustrating. [/edit] If intended for browsing the extension would really benefit a modifier that could erase the whole class of that type on pages from that domain (very useful on forums for example to remove all avatars from the page).
- (2019-01-25) Does not work with the latest version of Chrome.
- (2018-11-01) Kenneth Stauffer: Needs a "undo" feature. Need to have the "Remove Selected" on the top of page Needs to have a hot key binding. Needs to work in more situations
- (2018-09-25) Owen McGregor: What's the point? The content is there when you refresh. You don't need an extension to do this. Hit F12 then CTRL + SHIFT + C, then delete the content you don't want.
- (2018-09-19) AimayMasai wameAbanu: OOOOOMMMMMMOOOOOO
- (2018-09-04) Kris Schreiber: It appears that this is not being updated, but it still works great! There are a few improvements that I would like to see though: - undo - allow page structure to be maintained or not on a page-by-page basis - hide elements globally for a website (e.g. Facebook, news sites, etc.)
- (2018-09-04) イヴ: Installed it to remove intrusive and annoying elements from a page. After reloading the page, it worked instantly. Two necessary features: 1) doesn't work in iFrames! 2) option to NOT remember "erasers"
- (2018-08-28) Bình Trịnh Xuân: good
- (2018-06-17) Clayton Alvarez: Funciona, mas quando recarrega a página, ainda vê por um momento o que removeu.
- (2018-05-28) Antti Brax: Seems like this gets rid of those GDPE click through panels quite effectively.
- (2018-05-12) 大畑乃之: オプションからの設定変更が出来ねェンだが。
- (2018-05-07) Atharva Chavan: Not WORKING!!!!!!!!
- (2018-04-21) Kiteh Kawasaki: You have to be smart enough to use the settings page for each page you edit: chrome-extension://ekofpchjmoalonajopdeegdappocgcmj/options.html.
- (2018-04-07) Шабанов Максим: Запоминает стертое для каждой страницы отдельно
- (2018-04-06) Anonyme: Super utile, je peut maitenant profiter de TextNow sans publicité !
- (2018-04-03) Petko Ditchev: Perfect.
- (2018-03-24) Wayne Head: This is just fishing for your personal info, doesn't work at all
- (2018-03-13) Roland Studer: Not working on my machine. Clicking the eraser button does not turn it on.
- (2018-03-08) Bagha Shams: Only works on particular pages, and doesn't work site-wide. So you can't clean up Amazon product pages, only one particular product page
- (2018-03-03) Ta Ta: Freaking best extension ever. Simple, easy, direct. Never fails. If only there was one for Firefox as well.
- (2020-06-11, v:2.2.1) Ev K: doesnt work
click on app icon doesn't do anything, I have not any custom mouse cursors or selected DIVs. Ctrl + Shift + E also doesn't make any difference
- (2019-08-31, v:2.2.1) lisa wong: doesn't work!
whenever I erase an element on the webpage and refresh the page the erased element comes back.
- (2019-07-01, v:2.2.1) Rebecca Allen: How to make the eraser persist?
I can't seem to make the change persist after page is refreshed/visited again
- (2019-05-16, v:2.2.1) Miles Baltrusaitis: Drift chatbots
hiya, Can Page Eraser be used to remove the Drift chatbot windows in the bottom right corner of software websites? They are a huge distraction!
- (2018-07-08, v:2.2.1) Escape delete mode
When done deleting I would like to press ESC key to turn off eraser mode.
- (2018-05-22, v:2.2.1) Edit Removed Code from PAGE MANUALLY.
It would be REALLY great if we could Click >EDIT> in options.html , so we can add Code Manually that we want to DELETE... BECAUSE Taking EXEMPLE of : Tiny chat, When you are in a room. You cant Select under the Body because the BODY does the whole page, Making it Impossible to select Elements Under it.
- (2018-05-07, v:2.2.1) Atharva Chavan: Not working!!!
Not able to do anything
- (2018-04-21, v:2.2.1) Kiteh Kawasaki: Reloading
On pages I surf the eraser fails to erase unless the page is reloaded. You might find a way to auto-reload when an erased page is loaded so peeps won't complain it isn't working. Do you have a donate page? I love this code.
- (2018-02-19, v:2.2.1) Amerigo3000 amerigo: save
please implement saving option
- (2017-12-01, v:2.2.1) 6447686C49474E686132556761584D675953427361575575: Wildcards yo
Renders Page Eraser's function on many sites useless as you store by ABSOLUTE URL instead of DOMAIN. See uBlock Origin for a working model. Say I wanted to modify google search results page. Well there is no way for your extension to use wildcards as far as I'm aware of. The benefit of this would be able for me to block elements on any search result page ( https://www.google.com/search?&q=* ) whereas now you would have to make a custom filter for each search result page. ( https://www.google.com/search?&q=foo ) ( https://www.google.com/search?&q=bar )
- (2017-11-23, v:2.2.1) How can I cancel an "erase"
Bonjour, Comment faire pour annuler une "suppression"? J'ai effacé trop d'information et je ne sais pas annuler mon action.