Tile your windows with a single click.
Adds a button to automatically tile all your browser windows to occupy all your screen with no overlap. *This extension helps you manage several windows, it does *not* expand tabs to windows or collapse windows into tabs.* Expect some glitches in Linux especially if you have panels on your screen (the window sizes may not be exactly right). See website for bugs, suggestions, patches. --------------------------- Change log: * 0.51: Fix a measuring bug where tiled windows were a little too large. * 0.5: Support for multiple monitors. * 0.30: Adapted to version 2 of the Chrome extension manifest. Fixed a bug where clicking on the tiling button twice was sometimes necessary. * 0.20: Fixed issue with maximized windows, they now all get un-maximized before tiling. Minimized windows are ignored from the tiling process and kept as-is. * 0.10: First version.
- (2020-04-09) No pe: I'm using 4k screen and it would be very useful if the app could try doing 3:1 with 3 windows instead of doing 1/2 + 2/4
- (2020-02-28) David Moore: It has ceased to work correctly on Pixelbook. It randomly tosses windows about in overlapping clusters. It was nice once though! Thanks for the good times Manu. It was a 5* extension once upon a time.
- (2019-06-19) Thomas Gregersen: Did a great jo with four windows on a 16:9 screen. Not so goo with three windows on a ultrawide.
- (2018-11-16) Robin Pasley: It does what I expected with no surprises. It would be nice to be able to specify what window goes where somehow but I can't think of what the UI would look like so maybe not practical. It is very useful as is. Nice simple extension that requires only browsing history privileges.
- (2018-06-13) Ransom Ron: Since the latest Google Chrome update, the app doesn't align the windows properly. Plus there is a red outline around the window afterwards. Help?
- (2018-02-18) AKULA SANTOSH KUMAR: not working
- (2018-02-07) John Ngui: great add-on for chrome. i routinely use multiple windows for multitasking. is there a chance to add which tiles i want to be on the right/left?. for example i prefer my youtube windows on the right and my email/etc window on the left. when you click the tiling button it seems to be random where each window is placed
- (2017-08-30) Sean Condon: Does exactly what it's supposed to. One comment - on Ubuntu I found it left some gaps around the edges of windows (when I tiled 4 windows).
- (2017-06-19) Roman Mak: gułpota
- (2016-10-22) Janet Jakeman: dOESNT WORK
- (2015-10-29) Joseph Trombetta: Works as it should. Make sure the windows you want to tile are open (not minimized). Click button. Profit.
- (2015-09-16) WD T: First off you need to have all windows open not minimized. I have five monitors and opened different amounts of windows in each monitor and hit the tile button on one windows and it tiled the number of windows that were open in each monitor. Here is a great hint. open new tabs, make your window a smaller window but not minimized, now drag each tab off the window and it will open in a new window of the same size. Move each tab to other monitors and it will open on that monitor. Have fun Chrome is ChOOL
- (2015-03-30) Armando baeta: muito bom e simples de usar
- (2015-03-25) Thomas Smith: Does exactly as advertised.
- (2015-03-08) Beto 8: Para hacerla funcionar hay que desenganchar las pestañas y luego cliquear el botón de la extensión. automáticamente encajará las ventanas en pantalla dividida. Es ideal para trabajar con 2 a 4 pestañas, más de eso se vuelve molesto. La gran crítica que debo hacerle es que no en todas las ventanas coloca la barra para desplazarse horizontalmente. Fuera de eso está bastante interesante. De todas maneras, le falta. Pero por ahora está bien.
- (2015-02-05) Danny Hope: Does nothing
- (2014-11-29) Nancy: This is fantastic, it serves my needs perfectly! :)
- (2014-11-19) Bardocz István: Why this app is installed itself?
- (2014-11-13) eros god: 안됨.
- (2014-11-05) T MN: From what I can tell, does nothing. Useless.
- (2014-10-04) Andrew Malcolmson: Works fine on my Chromebook though it really isn't needed anymore because the Chromebook now has this feature built in. It would be even more useful with an option to tile two windows horizontally. For all the people saying it doesn't work: it's called 'Window Tiler'. It won't do anything if you have only one window open!
- (2014-07-31) David Taylor: Seems to work with windows, not tabs. If all your open pages are in tabs in one window, it only maximizes it (at least on mac). A few more features would be appreciated, like custom sizing. Works as described.
- (2014-07-21) theedgeofoblivious: This extension works really well except for one thing. I regularly use it to tile multiple windows, but sometimes I'll hit the tile button when I only have one window open, and it fills the full screen. When only one window is open I would prefer if the button presented a dialog to ask how many tiled windows I'd like to open. Just maximizing the window is functionality that's already available in most operating systems, and if the user says "Yes, tile just the one window," then sure, maximize it to fill the full screen, but it would be nicer to have an option to say "I'd like to have two tiled windows."
- (2014-06-20) Wile E Coyote: Doesn't work on my Mac running Mavericks. Running latest Chrome. A waste of time
- (2014-04-14) Suzanne Raphael: This would be much more useful if it did the tiling on the display from which it was launched. Instead, it jumps to the main display.
- (2014-03-23) Craig Lister: Didn't work in my Windows 8 system.
- (2014-02-23) k: I need an option to set size of window A and window B. Is there a way to do that? Or even better, for example if i have more windows, first i need it to be 2/3 of the screen and the rest in the 1/3 of the screen space.
- (2019-08-28, v:0.51) Nathan Herring: Window tiler includes windows that are in different Mac OS X spaces
I often have three main Chrome windows, and two Mac OS X spaces, with remotedesktop running full screen in the 2nd space. When I am on the 1st space and click the tiler, it tiles the screen as if all three windows were there, but then doesn't show the remote desktop window. If I go to the window menu and choose it explicitly, then it'll show up in the hole left for it. Is there an option to only include windows on the current space, and treat the other spaces as equivalent to being minimized, i.e., excluded from consideration? Mac OS X 10.14.6 (18G87) Chrome Version 76.0.3809.100 (Official Build) (64-bit)
- (2018-05-08, v:0.51) Nathan Herring: Mac OS X stopped working
Chrome Version 66.0.3359.139 after upgrading to MacOS X High Sierra 10.13.4 (17E202), this appears to have stopped changing window sizes. Not sure whether it was the OS update or the Chrome update (or both) which triggered it. Rebooting has not addressed it.
- (2018-02-06, v:0.51) Ciprian Amarandei: 10 pixels gap
It used to work ok in win 7 but in win 10 I get a gap of around 7-8 pixels around each windows
- (2017-11-05, v:0.51) Joseph Chaulklin: Cascade windows
Cascade open web pages all op the to 15 ea
- (2017-04-05, v:0.51) How to use Windows Tiler for 3 monitors
I'd like to use Windows Tiler for 3 monitors so all the windows don't go to one monitor. How can I sent this up?
- (2017-02-13, v:0.51) Hello Dev!
Love your extension, today I was trying to compare cars and I was wondering if there would be a way to scroll two tiled windows at the same time in a future addition?
- (2016-01-24, v:0.51) Александр Шинкунс: make money
Earn from $7000 per month from every 100k users. Get in touch! skype: extension.monetizer email: [email protected]
- (2016-01-14, v:0.51) Joe Staton: Tiler
Installed a few minutes ago, when clicked it does nothing. Rebooted and tested again to make sure.
- (2015-11-30, v:0.51) jerryjosh Loveless: tiler
does not work in Chrome
- (2015-10-19, v:0.51) Marcelo Castro: NÃO ESTÁ FUNCIONANDO
Não está funcionando no Chrome para Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10.5 O que fazer ? [email protected]
- (2014-10-23, v:0.51) Charles Cushen: latest chrome update broke this plugin
latest chrome update broke this plugin