English text-to-speech app with natural voice to read aloud, boost your productivity and improve pronunciation.
Tired of reading? Want to hear correct intonation? Would you like to speak like a native? Would love to improve your pronunciation? Best free online chrome browser extension for English text-to-speech reader and pronunciation improvement. Pronounce will read aloud the text you highlighted, record your speech and play your record. Listen, record, compare and repeat, improve your English pronunciation. You can read aloud words, phrases or articles on any web pages. Replenish your dictionary and don’t be shy speaking anymore. You can proofread your materials. The voice changes on question marks, to sound as if they have a question. The commas are read as commas, with a pause. Pronounce extension helps you to look up correct pronunciation most easily and efficiently. Even if you are a native speaker, you might encounter words, phrases and even sentences that you want to pronounce better without spending too much time. The app provides quick access to the reader and a voice record tool with a player. Usage Select the text you want to hear and read. Click on the app icon on the top right; pop-up starts reading automatically, showing you record and play buttons to work with your pronunciation afterward. Also available via context menu. Select text and right click to open the context menu with an option to pronounce the selection. Technology Pronounce utilize a text-to-speech (TTS) system that converts English language text into speech.
- (2020-07-26) Luis Torres Vásquez: it stopped working...why???
- (2020-07-14) Kevin Li: The voice sounds so natural
- (2020-07-10) Prof. Kelly Tavares: I loved it. But for some reason mine is not showing the "play / record"alternatives. What have I done wrong?
- (2020-07-09) israteneda: Interesante me sirve para lo que necesito.
- (2020-07-08) Liam Johannesson: Would be real nice if there were volume controls
- (2020-07-06) Edvaldo Perreira: I Love It. I have been studying english and this is the best app with the best pronunciation. Thank you guys! It would be amazing if you guys to make an extension for Anki as well.
- (2020-06-30) Derian Diaz: Perfect!
- (2020-06-30) Zoe Trenchuk: This extension is amazing and is so helpful!! I mostly use it for reading my essays out to me to help me memorize them and so far it has worked really well. I would have given this extension 5 stars but sometimes when reading the middle of a paragraph it will skip to another part of the document and start reading that instead. This is an easy fix but for anybody who doesn't want any flaws in the app at all, I just thought you should know. Overall this extension is amazing. I would definitely recommend this for anyone who is Dyslexic or just needs a little help memorizing something!! :)
- (2020-06-27) James: So great, finally open accessible TTS addon!
- (2020-02-29) Tamer b: It is cool but. it would be better if it has a keyboard shortcut.
- (2020-02-18) Natan Bandeira: I use it to read tutorials, so they look like video tutorials. I use it to practice my enlgish with my own writings on Google Docs (yeah! it works). For me it is just amazing. Useful and simple as it should be. The voice is natural.
- (2020-01-30) Anurag Yadav: that's absolutely a great tool but it can't easily start pronouncing large text.
- (2020-01-23) Oscar Castillo: The extension is wonderful. The only feature missing is recording download. I give a five stars rating because there must be a lot of work involved to produce a piece of software of such a good quality.
- (2020-01-22) Sarah Clark: Very good indeed, but has stopped working, it has done this before then just stared working again. this time its been refusing to work for a couple of days. If I select to much text when it is working, it never works. its as though I have selected too much text but it won't work even is I select one word. I have two computes with this reader on as it is so good but it just refuse to work on either one now. has the program been updated and is bugged?
- (2019-12-19) gmdftl gmdftl: There really are no options, aside from keyboard shortcuts. I must have a male voice. Plus, it would also help if we could adjust the speed of the voice.
- (2019-10-25) Artur Gudiev: Thanks for the app! But it pronounce only 1-2 sentences and then suddenly stops. Is it appropriate behavior?
- (2019-10-12) Tom Jamie: Very useful but would appreciate the option to listen to a male and female voice in a British English accent.
- (2019-08-07) Fred: Not multi-lingual
- (2019-08-03) I can see you: Every time I would highlight the text from a document in Google docs, the text would turn grey when I clicked on the icon. If I tried re-highlighting the text, the menu from the icon would disappear. To summarize, it isn't working for Google docs, unless you've had this issue before and there's a way I can fix it to correspond correctly.
- (2019-06-25) Shubham Shinde: some times works some times not...pathetic..
- (2019-06-02) Juan Alvarez: Perfect!
- (2019-05-20) Humanitaire Empathique: I couldn't get it to work. After selecting options it takes you to a page that requires you to give it access to your microphone. I didn't give it access, & nothing happened, no options.
- (2019-05-19) Basha Mech: very slow
- (2019-03-29) Rich: Didn't work for me at all. It just says 'Undefined' for every single block of text I highlight.
- (2019-03-26) Its nice but I can't download the audio, can someone help