Use 2 finger swipes to control your browser. Supports 8 directions with configurable actions. Tablet optimized.
A device with a multi-touch screen (such as a tablet) is required. Supported actions include: - open a new tab - close current tab - go to left tab - go to right tab - go back in current page - go forward in current page - duplicate current tab - reload current tab The default configuration is: - open new tab on "up" gesture - close current tab on "down" gesture - focus left tab on diagonal "top-left" gesture or diagonal "bottom-left" gesture - focus right tab on diagonal "bottom-right" gesture or diagonal "top-right" gesture The gesture is only recognized if your fingers move in parallel in the same direction. If you do "pinches", it will not respond, because the pinch is reserved for zooming the page. You can also configure how many fingers are required to perform gestures in case 2 fingers is too easy to accidentally activate. You can also configure how long the fingers need to travel (in pixels) before a gesture is recognized. The default is 110 pixels which is suitable for medium-sized devices. You don't need to lift your fingers at the end for the gesture to recognize. Just keep moving them in the desired direction and once it reaches the threshold the gesture will activate automatically.
- (2021-04-25) Rami Magdi: decrease the sensitivity
- (2020-12-27) John Mauney: The demo screen works perfectly fine for me. I would probably love it if it worked. Unfortunately, outside the demo screen (in any other tab) it never registers any input at all. I have tried opening a new Chrome Window since installed the plugin, but still nothing works excepts the Tablet Gestures demo website only.
- (2020-08-10) Davide Ferrandini: Perfetta, complimenti! Su tablet funziona molto bene e il fatto di dover tenere le dita parallele evita anche errori di pressione. Magari va leggermente migliorato il riconoscimento ma va gia molto bene. Purtroppo manca il supporto per TouchPad. Non funziona sui portatili con TouchPad ma solo su tablet ho visto. Potreste aggiungere la funzione anche per TouchPad?
- (2020-03-12) Mario Nicolas de Martinis: No funciona, esperaba que me ayudara a resolver el maldito gesto de overscroll history navigation.
- (2020-03-01) Sushi Bushi: I really want this extension to improve because it's everything I am looking for, but as of now it's usable and that's it. Main problem is that activating it is so gimmicky. To begin with, the way the gestures work don't really make sense at all. It should first detect that you are *attempting* a gesture, and only go through with the gesture once you complete it. As of now the extension awkwardly completes the gesture a quarter of the way through the motion which is jarring. In addition, it seems as if this would just give less data to work with for determining which gesture I'm actually trying to execute. I know this setting is customizable, but no matter what the issue will persist. I'm going to tack on here as well that websites scroll as you are attempting a gesture, making it harder to begin gestures. I don't know how this could be easily fixed, maybe tap+hold and then scroll or something? Just to differentiate the initial input from scrolling. A second, smaller issue is the lack of visual feedback. Other extensions have visible lines drawn on the screen while drawing out a gesture, and this not only helps you execute the gesture more accurately but also lets you know you are actually executing a gesture! As of now, I have no idea whether I'm simply failing to input the gestures correctly, or if they aren't even beginning detection in the first place. Overall, I can't recommend anyone use this extension because it's harder than the current methods of executing these functions on touchscreen. But I wish it was better because I've been looking for something like this ever since I got my 2-in-1 device. Browsing in the touchscreen only modes is so unoptimized it's absurd.
- (2019-12-23) Simon Dee: I only use it for 2 fingers down - close tab. It would be nice to have 2 fingers down - recover last closed tab. And it would be nice to have as option - "When close last tab, close window", because in that case currently nothing happens.
- (2019-11-20) Chris Vydas: Difficult to trigger but not too bad. Problem is the settings page is unresponsive so user cannot customize gestures and forced to use defaults. Drop down boxes do nothing
- (2019-09-19) Óscar: Doesn't work.
- (2019-03-20) Ethan M: Okay, but again --- fingers never ever parallel. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
- (2019-01-30) Andrey Gritsay: Doesn't work
- (2018-12-27) Esti Lubovitch: Doesn't work (Asus Zenbook on Windows 10)
- (2018-08-26) Uzi Forex: Doesn't work
- (2018-01-26) Matthew Miner: Unique, helpful extension, but hard to keep fingers sufficiently parallel.
- (2017-11-09) Bogdan Wróbel: Difficult to use. Waaaaay too sensitive to "fingers not parallel".
- (2020-08-10, v:0.1.1) Davide Ferrandini: Aggiunta della funziona per TouchPad per i PC portatili.
Salve, apprezzo tantissimo questo strumento e vorrei che inseriste le stesse funzioni anche per TocuhPad con possibilità di replicare i gesti salvati per lo schermo o di personalizzarli a piacimento.
- (2019-01-30, v:0.1.1) Razvan Bolohan: Option to open link \ video... to new tab
Option to open link \ video... to new tab. I use to open few tabs of youtube videos at once and watch them one by one.
- (2018-06-22, v:0.1.1) Santiago Rojas Ricaurte: it stopped working!
no gesture is recognized
- (2017-11-14, v:0.1.1) help
i do not want it and i do not know how to delet it