This extension disables the annoying zoom shortcut Ctrl + Mousewheel on Chrome.
NoMouseWheelZoom ================ Installation Instructions 1. Install the extension 2. Go to extension settings. Make sure that "allow access to file url's" is checked 3. Refresh Your tabs v 1.1 Changelog Fixed JQuery conflict bug. This extension disables the annoying zoom shortcut Ctrl + Mousewheel. People who heavily use the Control key for changing tabs, opening links in new Tabs etc, the sudden zooming/unzooming of the page gets very irritating. This extension disables the shortcut in Chrome. You can still use other extensions or settings for changing the zoom level. Compatibility: It works only with Chrome. It fails in the Chromium-browser.
- (2020-12-14) Philippe Lefebvre: It doesn't work
- (2020-03-14) Scot Ranney: Does nothing to stop the ctrl-mouse wheel zoom issue. Maybe it worked in the past, but it's completely useless now.
- (2020-03-07) Parkle Lee: This extension no longer works with the latest version of Chrome. Use "Disable Scroll Wheel Zoom" instead: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/disable-scroll-wheel-zoom/mdpfkohgfpidohkakdbpmnngaocglmhl
- (2020-01-31) Rob Ca: As many others have said, it doesn't work anymore
- (2019-12-19) Nomentsoa Andrian.: As of December 19th 2019, this doesn't work anymore (Chrome Version 79.0.3945.88)
- (2019-11-23) Chris H.: If it used to work it no longer does, I just downloaded this followed all instructions to the letter and it does not work. I have no Idea why Chrome wont let us unmap or remap zoom when other popular browsers do, esp when so many other functions are tied to ctrl, I end up acidently zooming in multiple times a day!!!
- (2019-11-11) Jessica - JedderDi_322: Doesn't seem to work anymore. If it ever gets fixed... It would be great if it had an on/off option. Sometimes I like to use Ctrl+Mouse Wheel. Other times, I don't like it. So if this extension could be toggle-able somehow, that would be wonderful.
- (2019-08-28) Aaron: Doesn't work. Chrome 76.0.3809.100
- (2019-08-28) Georgi Kirilov: Stopped working
- (2019-07-19) Nomentsoa Andrian.: I once messed up a client's banner ad because I didn't notice my window was zoomed. This helped me not to worry about window zoom anymore. Thanks
- (2019-06-05) micky steiner: this used to work but no longer does
- (2019-06-03) Trasi Fisher: doesnt work for me. it constantly zooms in while im in the middle of things, very frustrating
- (2019-05-02) James T Kelley: Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to work anymore with the latest Chrome. I enabled File URLs. I refreshed the tabs. I even tried restarting Chrome altogether. But scrolling still occurs. Luckily. I have NoSquint Plus installed, so I can just refresh the page if I accidentally scroll, and it will reset back to the NoSquint default. (NoSquint also tried to disable Ctrl-Mousewheel, but that no longer works, either.)
- (2019-04-27) Plasma: doesn't work as of 27-Apr-19
- (2019-04-23) Wulf Solter: Great when it works (occasionally breaks due to Chrome updates)
- (2019-04-02) Branden Lee: Didn't accomplish anything. pages still randomly zoom in and out.
- (2019-04-02) Robbie Anderson: Not the hero we wanted, but the hero we needed 5 stars
- (2019-03-29) nathanebht: This was wonderful when it was working. Recently stopped working.
- (2019-03-23) Carlos M Prada A: No funciona.
- (2019-03-21) Tuur Lievens: No longer works for me (v73 on Windows 10)
- (2019-03-13) Fermin Marcano: does not work
- (2019-02-02) Taehl: Mostly works in Chromium too.
- (2019-01-31) Bruno DUYE: THANKS ! This works amazingly Chromium / Linux Debian stretch
- (2018-11-12) Jay G: Doesn't work anymore
- (2018-10-23) Hugo Monteiro: Thank You!! You're the best!
- (2018-07-03) Jean Hopp: Delightful.
- (2018-05-21) Edmond Siu: This extension has positively improved my life.
- (2018-05-19) Kari Ikonen: Mandatory for both Opera and Chrome. Too bad that doesn't work always. I.e. when doing scroll of page via touchpad and changing tab with CTRL+TAB, then occasionally still triggers zoom.
- (2018-05-09) Gabriel Medina: seems to work just how I hoped it would. it prevents the touchpad-pinch-zoom, but it still works for other things like zooming in on pdfs and on google maps.
- (2018-04-20) Alex Ayars: Doesn't work, text still zooms in and out uncontrollably.
- (2018-04-18) Celeste Williams: I wish it still worked ;-; is frustrating now that it doesn't work anymore
- (2018-04-14) Juan Pablo Verdugo: no funciona
- (2020-12-21, v:1.1) modi X: Unable to preventDefault inside passive event listener due to target being treated as passive.
NoMouseWheelZoom.min.js:1 [Intervention] Unable to preventDefault inside passive event listener due to target being treated as passive. See https://www.chromestatus.com/features/6662647093133312 when zooming using trackpad.
- (2020-04-24, v:1.1) Steve Adeff: extension appears to make the zoom issue worse?
Hi, I installed your extension and it appears to make the zoom issue worse, in that it seems like my pages are changing zoom levels more frequently, perhaps even potentially randomly. Obviously that is not how it's supposed to work, so I wanted to see if you had any ideas as to what might be going on, or maybe I've stumbled onto a magical combination of hardware and Chrome that breaks the extension? Anyway, any help would be appreciated, thanks for your time!
- (2019-03-31, v:1.1) Carl Walsh: Needs Chrome flag disabled in order to work
The extension causes the error in Chrome console: [Intervention] Unable to preventDefault inside passive event listener due to target being treated as passive. See https://www.chromestatus.com/features/6662647093133312 I disabled chrome://flags/#document-passive-wheel-event-listeners and the extension is working again! The extension Overview should probably include that!
- (2019-02-24, v:1.1) Doesn't function
Hi! Just installed. But no extension settings accessable! Screenshot: http://prntscr.com/mpf57r. The button "Settings" is faded, no way to click and open. Pls help.
- (2018-05-29, v:1.1) Benjamin Sanderson: No longer working?
Having previously used your extension with great success, it doesn't appear to be working anymore. I'm not alone in appreciating its benefits & would love it to be fixed!
- (2018-05-15, v:1.1) Eric B: No longer works
This extension used to be a life-saver. Now it no longer works. Refreshing pages doesn't fix it. I have "Allow access to file URLs" selected in the extension's settings, but it still doesn't work.
- (2018-04-13, v:1.1) Samuel Burt: Why read all my data?
Why does this extension need to read all my data from websites I visit? Due to all the current problems with voluntarily giving away privacy, this sounds really suspicious to me.
- (2018-04-04, v:1.1) No longer works
Hi, loved this extension, but now it now longer works. Like many, we are eagerly hoping you can make a new compatible version. Cheers, Russ
- (2018-03-31, v:1.1) Carl Walsh: Star the Chrome bug
Repeating what Dan said, if you need this extension you should star this Chrome bug to show you want an official fix: https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=253697
- (2018-03-29, v:1.1) Evan Berg: chrome update
chrome update seems to have broken this. any idea when you'll have an upated version?
- (2018-03-26, v:1.1) Just Stopped working today altogether
Just Stopped working today altogether on every website.
- (2018-03-26, v:1.1) Karina: Doesn't work with scrollable <iframe>
Extension doesn't work on certain websites with <iframe> scrollbars.