Search, preview, jump across, and close tabs quickly in your chrome browser.
Do you have a lot of tabs opened in your browser and find it cumbersome to manage them? well here is the solution. Some points: * Use Alt+Space (Option+Space for mac) to get a list of all the tabs from all the windows. * Search in the title & url to quickly get the tab you want. * Preview a tab on mouse hover or on click. * Jump across between tabs quickly, even in different windows. * Close unnecessary tabs quickly. This extension's source code is available here: https://github.com/pramjeet/peek-a-tab
- (2020-11-19) Pridify Gaming: Simply an invaluable extension to solve my messy tab clutter with 200+ tabs spanning several windows. Great job :D!
- (2020-03-03) Ye L: i like it, but 'alt+space' does not work.
- (2020-02-19) Artem Usov: Прекрасно, то что нужно для ориентирования в большом количестве вкладок!
- (2019-05-21) Joey Tai: excellent plugin.
- (2019-05-15) Ben Zuckier: Pretty good general functionality, mainly being able to see the titles of each tab and where and in which window that tab exists. However the list spawns in super wonky places and on the wrong monitor of dual multi monitor setups (I have 2 displays currently) basically no matter what I try. Just posted this as an issue on the support page. Please fix.
- (2019-04-09) Anna Douglas: this app is amazing except recently it has started not being open on the window im currently in. for example i will click on the logo and the app will appear on the chrome window behind the current one, meaning i have to minimise my current window to see it. pls fix its very good
- (2019-03-27) Great idea. Doesn't work but great idea.
- (2019-01-26) Ruben: cool !!!
- (2019-01-17) Para Uday Kiran: AWESOME EXTENSION Would like to see a feature in settings where one can change how the tabs are ordered by default. Like ordering the tabs by last visited date and time, title, etc.,
- (2018-12-05) Bill Rubin: Extremely useful! I have one problem with it but just reported it in the support section.
- (2018-11-22) Acer Aspire: Уважаемый разработчик ! ОГРОМНЕЙШАЯ ПРОСЬБА : СДЕЛАЙ, ПОЖАЛУЙСТА, числовое отображение открытых вкладок на значке расширения! А так вообще ОЧЕНЬ-ОЧЕНЬ VERY GOOD !!!!!
- (2018-09-21) Travis Saw: Hover but unable to preview.
- (2018-09-02) giovibar: Every time a tab is deleted the list switches to the bottom! :( Is not possible to edit tabs position. By the way, thank you
- (2018-08-13) QUI SA: Almost perfect, this is more perfect: when you close the list directly (the mouse only hovered without clicking this list), it can switch to the original tab. 几乎完美，这更完美：当您直接关闭列表(鼠标只悬停未点击此列表)时，它可以切换到原来的标签页。
- (2018-07-11) Harrison Fortier: This has pretty much changed my life when it comes to working with Chrome. It's not uncommon for me to have a hundred or so Chrome tabs across several instances open. I can now quickly and efficiently find the window I am looking for. Massive increase in productivity.
- (2018-06-27) Anshul Sushil: Saves helluva time especially when you have more than 20 tabs opened
- (2018-06-11) Jacen Shu: can't reorganize/move tabs around? :(
- (2018-03-23) Levente Nagy: Simple cut. Excellent. And Search is just awesome.
- (2018-03-17) 23534646124`1234: Suggestion: Add a folder option for tabs so people can better organise tabs in terms of content.
- (2018-03-16) 山姆小子: Nice！
- (2018-02-23) Charles Glasgow: When I left t click on my icon, it comes up and then when I go somewhere on the browser screen and click another spot it disappears. WAZZUP??
- (2018-01-23) Miriana de Caro: wow ! I found many duplicates in my open windows.. and easy found specific ones ..Yay !
- (2018-01-06) His Royalness: EXCELLENT manager as it uses a NEW WINDOW to show info making the font easy to read and it doesn't cut off any info. I often have 50 open and need to jump to the others. I've noticed also it shows a different icon for YouTube channels if they are on the list as an OLDER addition, and shows the newest in the YT PLAY button image. That's SO HANDY for music fans loading a ton of tabs with videos on YouTube.
- (2017-12-16) Durian Zheitk: Funciona apenas, no me deja mover/arrastrar mis pestañas y tarda en abrirse (comparado con tabman)
- (2017-11-30) Doris & Claude Thomassin: Good idea but poor implementation : the tabs window is put in front of the Chrome window, when it should reduce the size of the Chrome window et appear beside it, or, if opening a new window as it does now, it should present the tabs af the different Chrome windows in columns. Also no way of reorganizing the tabs within a Crome window, or between Chrome windows.
- (2020-08-20, v:1.5.6) Rob Hutchings: A few suggestions for improvement
I switched to hover mode and had several youtube videos start up as I rolled over them. It would be handy if the list had an indicator to show which tabs were playing audio. Would also be useful if a there was a toggle/filter button to only show tabs within the actively selected window. Thanks for everything! Last one, any chance of supporting Chrome's native grouping, as a minimum to show the groups that have been setup but if possible to use the list as a means to define and organise.
- (2019-09-30, v:1.5.6) James Araali-Kabyanga: Alt+Space hotkey in Windows no longer works
Alt+Space hotkey in Windows no longer brings up the Peek-a-tab window, it now gives the standard Windows menu. Suspect the latest Chrome version has broken your code. Am using Google Chrome Version 77.0.3865.90 (Official Build) (64-bit).
- (2019-06-25, v:1.5.6) Matt Alford: Option to show duplicate tabs
It would be nice if there was an option to show duplicate tabs.
- (2019-06-25, v:1.5.6) Matt Alford: Window closes when closing tabs
I love peek-a-tab to manage my large number of open tabs. The only problem that I have is when I want to close a large number of tabs that match a search it will allow me to click and close tabs until I get to the last one or two that match the search and it will close the peek-a-tab window and it makes it necessary to open the window again.
- (2019-05-15, v:1.5.6) Ben Zuckier: Dual Monitor: List Opens on Wrong Monitor and in Random Locations
(I made this post and then edited it with some parenthesis containing comments from the future where I had more information and realized I was incorrect in a few places.) While allegedly multi display list positioning has been fixed, it still comes up on the wrong display in my situation (and also all over the place, apparently)!!! My exact setup is as follows: Two monitors side by side. Let's call them m1 and m2. It happens to be that m1 is ultrawide 1080p (2560x1080) and m2 is 4k (3840x2160) but I do not think that is relevant. From left to right, the order is m1 then m2. On m1 is a (fullscreen) chrome window. When I trigger the extension from m1, it opens instead on the leftmost edge of m2. Fail. Here is what I have tested, the results and my (initial) conclusion. For this bug to happen it doesn't matter if there is another instance of chrome open or not, whether on m1 or m2. For this bug to happen it doesn't matter if chrome is fullscreen or "minimized and horizontally right aligned" (aligned to rightmost edge) on m1 when I trigger the extension, but it does not happen when chrome is "minimized and horizontally left aligned" (aligned to leftmost edge) on m1. The same bug does not occur on m2 (although as we'll see it has a weirder issue). (bad and dumb)Conclusion: If there is not enough space for the entire "peek a tab" list to fit horizontally between the rightmost edge of chrome and the rightmost edge of the monitor from which PAT is triggered, if there is another display available to the right of chrome, the PAT list will go to that other display instead of being "constrained" and "bumped" by the end/edge of the monitor like it should - therefore, instead of opening on top of the chrome window on the monitor from where it is triggered, it opens next to it on the right which is a different monitor [and bad]. [I surmise that the] Conditions for a fail (where the list doesn't open on top of the rightmost side of chrome,) are the following: the extension being called from a chrome window where the distance from the rightmost edge of chrome to the rightmost edge of the display is smaller than the width of the "peek a tab" list AND there is another monitor to the right of this current window/monitor. If I were a betting man (I take this back! The weird behavior ahead doesn't follow this pattern of reasoning!), I would guess that the fix is to change the reference point of where the list spawns, such that if there indeed isn't room between the browser's right edge and the display's right edge, have the list anchored from its top right corner referenced to the browser's top right corner (and then it'll open inward to the browser window and monitor). (edit) YIKES! I kept fiddling with this extension in my setup and noticed more bizarre behavior. When I trigger the extension from chrome in any configuration (maximized, right align, left align, really thin in the middle, etc etc) on m2, the list appears approximately in the center of m2. WHYYYY. Now I have no idea what the problem is. Plz fix, thanks. (Also just posted as a response to a review)
- (2019-04-18, v:1.5.5) James Araali-Kabyanga: FIXED - With Chrome 73 update Peek-a-Tab opened behind the active Chrome window
This was very annoying as it required closing or shrinking the Chrome window and retrieving the Peek-a-Tab window as Alt-Tab didn't bring it forward. I can see that Peek-a-Tab was updated on 13 April 2019: thanks for the fix.
- (2019-04-15, v:1.5.5) Renato Guimaraes: Stopped working as desired
The plugin still technically works, but whenever it is activated, the Peek a Tab window goes behind the current Chrome browser window and has to be manually activated (ALT+TAB or click from taskbar).
- (2019-04-12, v:1.5.4) John Ciccone: Won't Load
Great extension but recently won't stay open. Just flashes.
- (2019-04-01, v:1.5.4) Not working anymore
HI, as I'm sure you're aware your extension is having issues lately. Do you foresee these being fixed? I love your extension! I wish you luck. thanks!
- (2019-03-29, v:1.5.4) Harrison Fortier: Peek-A-Tab is hidden behind active Chrome window
Peek-a-tab is currently automatically being sent behind the active Chrome window when using the shortcut to bring it up. This makes it unusable unless you ALT-TAB to Peek-a-tab or actively select it on the taskbar. Info: Win 10 x64 Chrome Version 73.0.3683.86 (Official Build) (64-bit)
- (2019-03-28, v:1.5.4) Michael Huculak: Disappearing Tab
Hello, just thought I'd let you know that Peek-a-tab is currently automatically being sent behind the active Chrome window. It's still functional perse, but it's very annoying to click down to the taskbar every time you want to scroll through your tabs. As this is (according to a user in the Reviews section) an issue with Chrome 73, I'd look into either coding a workaround or contacting Google directly. Hope this is helpful, and I absolutely love your task manager, thank you!