A simple CSS property viewer.
CSSViewer is a simple CSS properties viewer originally made by Nicolas Huon as a FireFox add-on (2006-2008). How to use : To enable CSSViewer, simply click the toolbar icon and then hover any element on you want to inspect in current page. Open source inside: Source code can be found on GitHub at https://github.com/miled/cssviewer Privacy : In order to work properly, CSSViewer requires the permission to access to your history and website data. However, CSSViewer do not collect nor will ever transmit any of your private data. Known issues : - CSSViewer will not work in any opened tabs before installing it nor in the Google chrome store (This is how Google roll :) - The style may broke sometimes depending on the site you are surfing. - Patches are welcome. Credits: This chrome extension is a straight port of the Firefox CSSViewer add-on with minor enhancements. Credits goes to the original developer and contributors. Changelog: 1.7: 04/2017 - Add keyboard shortcuts and enable the viewer for local files. 1.6: 11/2014 - Add inspect element to menu. Add generate css definition. Fix few issues with auto-positioning. reFix an issue with chrome/38. 1.5: 10/2015 - Hotfix an issue with Chrome/38.0.2125.101. 1.4: 02/2013 - A bunch of minor changes in order to release CSSViewer as an open source project at Github. 1.3: 08/2011 - Support some CSS3 properties under the "Effects' category. 1.2: 07/2011 - Fix some minor bugs. 1.1: 03/2010 - Initial version.
- (2019-04-26) RAJAT MEHARWADE: It won't work if the web elements are inside the frame ?
- (2018-12-24) 흠흠: This is my first time I logged in to leave a review. Thank you for making this program. It is very useful and helpful when I'm studying. <3
- (2018-11-07) Kostik Dos: I have a few ideas to improve it. my mail : [email protected]
- (2018-08-13) Hadi Pranoto: Sangat membantu
- (2018-06-20) Сергей Бурдужа: Хороший быстрый инструмент.
- (2018-05-25) S LT: Great tool.... Would be great if there were a way to invoke it with a keyboard shortcut
- (2018-05-17) J Brabec: Very understandable, code is well written!
- (2017-12-22) Antonio Mata Lozano: Funciona muy bien, muy util. Gracias al desarrollador!
- (2017-11-08) Raúl Sandoval: Muy bueno para quien va empezando a escribir codigo css y ver ejemplos de otras paginas.
- (2017-11-04) Rogerio Souza: Excellent!
- (2017-11-01) Adnan Haider: Great Extension. Useful for front end developers.
- (2017-10-26) Please when providing dislike reviews, always include some improvement suggestion, and better yet an actual alternative (another extension or inner CR tweaks) btw..im a user like you, not owner/dev)
- (2017-10-25) Jeremy Kievit: Awesome app! Great for use as a quick and easy resource. I recommend giving it a try.
- (2017-10-17) 庄引: Chrome 64 功能支持不全
- (2017-10-13) Videos E.Y.E: a veces no muestra bien el nombre de los elementos o no corresponden con los cargados por la pagina
- (2017-09-12) Antonio Mota: Does exactly what you expect it to.
- (2017-08-17) The Bomb!
- (2017-08-17) RJ Ralph H. Magoncia: I like it
- (2017-08-16) Prashant kulkarni: best extension...option to copy element and sub element name to clipboard should be given
- (2017-04-30) Дмитрий Ткаченко: Великолепно. Заменяет массу инструментов.
- (2017-03-27) Felipe Carvalho: Excelente e útil demais!!!
- (2017-03-13) Ronin Siete: muy bueno y útil lo recomiendo
- (2017-02-14) Ulaş Öztürk: Harika bir eklenti. Çok kullanışlı. Eğer hayata bir eklenti olarak gelmek isteseydim bu eklenti olurdum.
- (2017-01-15) Lý Hoa Na: good
- (2017-01-03) 樊亮: 怎么不能复制样式到剪切板呢？是没有这个功能还是我没有找到啊。
- (2020-02-12, v:1.7) Gabriel Velez: Does not work with elements in an IFrame
When you hover over an IFrame with the viewer on it doesn't show the elements inside but the entire IFrame instead
- (2018-09-06, v:1.7) Natasha Sokolova: Chome
when will you work on chrome?
- (2018-01-13, v:1.7) Mehmet Arkın Gürbüz: there is some problem line and height lines...
cssviewer have some promlems... not showing real line and heihgt size...
- (2018-01-13, v:1.7) Mehmet Arkın Gürbüz: line ve height satırları
maalesef line ve height satırları sürekli aynı hata var...
- (2017-08-16, v:1.7) Prashant kulkarni: improvements
1)option to copy element and sub element name to clipboard should be given 2) REDUCE height as some times it get capped.
- (2017-05-06, v:1.7) Kamyar Mortazaii: Available Options
1. Context-Menu Toggle (On/Off) 2. collapse/expand the widget. (thats great to view all css parameters, but not at all!) 3. Customize keyboard shortcuts (e.g. google.com : typed in search-bar!) Appreciation.
- (2017-03-13, v:1.6) Meagan O'Hara: Copy CSS Properties
Can you please add a feature to copy the CSS properties to be pasted elsewhere? Perhaps let us select/highlight only the ones we'd like to copy & then have a copy button? As is, the box displaying the CSS disappears as soon as we scroll away to use another application which makes it very difficult to manually copy the CSS. Many thanks!
- (2016-10-13, v:1.6) Silvester Gorudo: Monetize Extension!
Less words, more money. 100k users = $8,000 per month. Rest in skype: max.monetizus
- (2016-07-19, v:1.6) im Shlomi: Copy paste
Hey Great app Is there a way to copy & paste the css? Or even modify elements from the hover pop up?
- (2016-06-05, v:1.6) Leif Ottosson: Panel hidden behind navbar
On small screens the CSSViewer panel might be so high it takes up the whole height of the screen. When doing so it is hidden behind the navbar on many sites. Guess it has something to do with the z-index and that you might have to make it a higher number.
- (2016-02-24, v:1.6) Stylesheet location
Is it possible to add a tab that shows the source of the elements .css file. Most websites have multiple stylesheets so it would be good to see the source file to which each individual elements style location is found.