Save CSS changes made in developer tools, directly to the Wordpress stylesheet.
Using chrome developer tools, you can inspect your theme styles and make modifications to the CSS. However, those changes are lost as soon as you refresh the page. With this extension, you can instantly save those CSS changes directly to your theme stylesheet, without editing any files, or using FTP programs. Notes: - Changes saved to the stylesheet happen in real-time, so proceed with caution. - Currently, the extension only works on the style.css file located in the themes root folder. New in 1.3.1: - added child theme support. New in 1.3: - Bug fixes. New in 1.2: - Revamped interface, switched to popup UI. - Added auto-save feature. Source code is available here: github.com/stri8ed/wordpress-style-editor-chrome-ext
- (2020-01-28) Jerzy Pieńkowski: I can only see this page: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/wordpress-style-editor/…
- (2019-12-13) John Timble: There's no help or documentation about what to do with this. It adds a single button to "Save style.css changes" but it doesn't offer any method to map edits to local files. I'll assume this plug-in is outdated and should be removed.
- (2019-09-07) David Jiménez Llanes: don't work
- (2018-04-28) seun odusote: doesnt work for the chrove version an using
- (2017-04-05) Shaun McFadyen: Use it daily.
- (2017-01-31) A1 Commercial Videos: Doesn't work for me.
- (2016-10-23) OSGFX COBAIN: Doesn't work
- (2016-05-19) Ignacio Duran: Doesn't work
- (2016-04-19) Brett Coleman: Why did I not hear about this until now?! Impressive and loving it. Worked for me first try. It stays out of the way and only there when you need it. I always test things in Dev Tools, but now I can make them happen with a click. Thank you SO much Ivecreate. I love you.
- (2016-02-13) campusboy: Очень удобно, ускоряет процесс разработки. Жаль только, что с другими css не работает. Только со style.css.
- (2016-01-24) Leland Sandberg: Works perfectly as described!! What a lifesaver for those who prefer testing/instantly making changes in chrome developer tools.
- (2016-01-02) Steve M: Funktioniert nicht.
- (2015-12-04) Chris Hoyt: Simply doesn't work.
- (2015-11-01) Cristian Cristiann: It doesnt work
- (2015-06-17) John Martin: Would have given it three stars if it only worked on all my wordpress sites. So far only worked on 1 of them. Was logged in as admin and everything also.
- (2015-05-13) Kusiima Aka Robson: it's ok
- (2015-04-14) Tone Capone: Great tool if it would have worked i guess. But I have a custom wpbootstrap template that I made. Still has the style.css but probably related to why it's not working at all. Keeps saying "No New Changes to Save".
- (2015-03-21) Xuân Lộc Trần: Sty đẹp -Hiển thị rõ ràng thanh taskbar
- (2014-10-30) George Tang: Inconsistent...not making the changes and only sometimes!
- (2014-02-24) Vijaya MR: Excellent editor.
- (2013-12-02) Ramon Torras: Great! It updates the CSS on my wordpress. Really useful
- (2020-04-18, v:1.3.3) Mohit Shahare: Plugin didn't save changes. Logged in as admin
Plugin didn't save changes. Logged in as admin
- (2018-12-02, v:1.3.3) Your style editor doesn't work
Won't save simple changes
- (2018-10-12, v:1.3.3) Jonathan Dewees: Does not update Wordpress
Hello Even when logged in the plugin will not save changes made
- (2018-02-23, v:1.3.3) Daniel Gil Santos: Failed to acquire Wordpress nonce.
Error: Failed to acquire Wordpress nonce. Como resolver? How to soluction?
- (2018-01-05, v:1.3.3) Abhishek Bhardwaj: whats the problem here?
Error: Failed to acquire Wordpress nonce.
- (2017-09-04, v:1.3.3) Mehdi Alikhani: not save any changes
Hi Thanks for this extension I use this and made my changes but not save! please help me. Thnks
- (2017-04-04, v:1.3.3) Jay Wasack: Does not show up in browser bar
When I have inspector open and make a change, I do not see it in my browser bar.
- (2016-09-16, v:1.3.3) Johan Halfon: It change my website
I installed the Wordpress Style Editor, login to my wordpress dashboard and did not do anything else, but my website is now all messed up: I manage to fix the computer version but my site is no more responsive. Please help
- (2016-07-30, v:1.3.3) Ext Guru: Partnership request
Hello! I represent the company EXT.GURU. I have reviewed your extension, and I would like to invite you to work with our company. I have analyzed, that your extension "Wordpress Style Editor" can bring you a guaranteed high income. You can get the maximum profit with our automatic service for monetizing browser extensions, while our advertising is not annoying or malicious, and does not prevent the extension of functionality. Our system optimizes traffic from around the world. We provide coordination of all the nuances and suggestions of webmasters. Payments are carried out upon request during one hour at a convenient system to you. We would also like to note that our system does not interfere with other systems of monetization, you can plug in our program as an additional method to generate an income. If you have any other extensions, we can discuss. We look forward to collaborating. Sincerely EXT.GURU team. Contacts ICQ: 654784658 Jabber: [email protected] Skype: extguru [email protected] [email protected]
- (2016-07-14, v:1.3.3) Martin Rudolph: Doesn't save changes
I've got the extension in and going, it see's my child theme correctly, but when I hit 'save style.css changes' nothing happens. Is there a configuration step that isn't setup? Not much in the way of a guide to get this working.
- (2016-05-18, v:1.3.3) Stéphane TALBOT: version 4.5.2
hi. is it still working with the last WP updates?
- (2016-04-25, v:1.3.3) Glenn Eaton: Child Theme
When I saved my changes the css header for the child theme was gone. It should not need to change the header area.