Add, edit, remove, export and import local storage and session storage data
Source code and bug tracker are available at https://github.com/gabrielbarros/localstorage-manager ——————————————————— Add, edit, remove, export and import local storage and session storage data. ---------------------------------------- According to Wikipedia, web storage offers two different storage areas — local storage and session storage — which differ in scope and lifetime. Data placed in local storage is per origin (the combination of protocol, hostname, and port number as defined in the same-origin policy) (the data is available to all scripts loaded from pages from the same origin that previously stored the data) and persists after the browser is closed. Session storage is per-origin-per-window-or-tab and is limited to the lifetime of the window. Session storage is intended to allow separate instances of the same web application to run in different windows without interfering with each other, a use case that's not well supported by cookies.
- (2021-06-23) Florian Cargouet: Impossible d'importer. L'export reste disponible.
- (2021-04-29) Ival Lavi: bugs on chrome newest version
- (2021-02-13) Can: really useful extension. could you add cookies too? thanks
- (2020-12-06) Gwyn: Well, maybe it's browser fault but it previously worked. Vivaldi 3.0.1874.38 (Stable channel) (64-bit) Error message: "Could not read data from this page" I tried to reload but it didn't work. Any suggestions how to fix it? Thanks.
- (2019-09-07) Kha Nguyên Hoàng: Khó sửa
- (2019-09-01) Lippa: I can see a few older revoews saying this wasnt working properly - however I have had no problems importing/exporting large amounts of localStorage and session data. Real time saver.
- (2019-07-23) Jacob Gryn: Can only import a single key at a time, not the entire JSON file. Too input box doesn't allow long strings.
- (2019-06-24) Adam Pine: Makes my life as a developer 10x easier when I need to transfer a token from our dev environment to my local environment! Really helpful!
- (2019-04-24) Eric Schmidt: I'm developing an app and am using the LocalStorage for the early prototype development. With a lot of old content laying around this tool makes it easy to delete old content and clean things up.
- (2019-03-10) Olivier Bouchoms: I use it when I am developing web apps. With this extension I can easily monitor the values in my LocalStorage which is exactly what I needed.
- (2019-01-20) Curly: Great little extension. Working fine with Chrome 72
- (2018-12-02) Sami Laine: The extension doesn't allow importing with recent versions of Chrome or Chromium anymore. Adding, removing, and modifying individual local storage entries is something just as easily done without an extension; so, in its current state this extension is not especially useful.
- (2018-05-25) Emmanuel Teodoro: No funciona el import
- (2018-05-21) Bill Beers: Exactly what I needed to transfer data originally stored in local storage to a cached js.
- (2018-05-02) Elie Abi-Saad: Very Good extensions but not working with chrome Version 68.0.3409.2 (Official Build) dev (64-bit) and Version 66.03359.139 In the seconde version I can only read and download the localStorage, I can't import neither add key. In the first version, I can't either read the localStorage. I got this message: Could not read data from this page
- (2018-03-08) Remington Steed: Nice. Simple, lightweight. One bug however. Exporting a single setting (via the export icon on the far right) should give me the correct format for importing (with escaped quotes), but instead gives the simpler, human-readable JSON notation. Exported settings should be importable. Note: The "Copy all" feature exports correctly for importing. Thanks for a great extension.
- (2018-03-03) Gary Mute: Epic, saved so much headache. The one thing I am missing is a default download location. I want it to go straight to dropbox and not download folder.
- (2017-08-17) Ho Kuen Leung: It works. I know DevTools have local storage editing too, but that takes several steps.
- (2017-07-12) Ömer Bircan: import not working
- (2017-05-22) Michael Richardson: "Could not read data from this page" on all pages and domains I've tried using Chrome 60, Windows 10. For that matter, I just remembered that DevTools has Local Storage editing now anyway.
- (2017-04-11) ChanSoo Kim: 편하게 관리할 수 있도록 잘 만들었어요.
- (2017-04-03) I needed an extension to manage the local storage data, so I created a simple one.