Disables autoplay of all HTML5 audio and video
- (2020-02-12) shozu vovu: This used to work great, but lately videos on YouTube and Yahoo have started to play immediately after the pages are opened. I recently added AutoplayStopper, which was recommended by others. So far, AutoplayStopper seems to be working great.
- (2020-01-29) Koks77740: Пока что тестирую! Все нравится! Как работает у меня: У меня доисторический пк 2005 года, не хватает мощи не то что видео обрабатывать а чисто интернет скоростной не тянет! Установил, изначально уже функция включена! Зашел на YouTube, запустил видео, и не чего нет, пусто по умолчанию должен запустится плеер HTML5 но он отключился, браузер грузил секунд 15 да очень долго! Но у меня пк очень слабый! Наконец видео пошло по умолчанию у меня 480 в первые без глюков пошло!!! Переключил на 720, пару раз тормознулось но потом разработалось и все супер! Короче то что раньше глючило и с трудом шло теперь работает великолепно!
- (2020-01-24) Oded Dror: It works with no problem.
- (2019-12-23) Искусство Лечит: Thanks it helped!
- (2019-12-03) Alberto Júnior: good!
- (2019-11-03) AD G: it works on youtube still, but there is one problem, it uses 71 megabytes of RAM just to stop autoplay
- (2019-10-22) Vadim Isakov: doesn't work
- (2019-10-15) Nestor: местами работает. выключил на одном сайте автоплей, но при этом перестало воспроизводится и то видео которое нажимаешь play - просто идет бесконечная его загрузка и не воспроизводит
- (2019-08-14) Steve Allen: 从知乎看到的推荐，希望可以解决掉某些网站自动播放HTML视频的麻烦。
- (2019-07-29) Forget It Brian: ...still working in 2019, I can't find a better one. Unless I build it myself.
- (2019-03-26) This was great!
- (2019-03-18) Alvin Brinson: Blocks youtube, but not CNN .. exactly the OPPOSITE of what's needed. CNN autoplay must die.
- (2019-01-03) Tran Hung: Thanks God, I found this. Nowadays, webs are crazy with auto run video, cost us a lot of time for stupid things
- (2018-12-06) Eric N: DO NOT USE!! Extension is out of date and CAUSES MAJOR BROWSER PROBLEMS on both PC and MAC systems. This used to work very well up until a few months ago. Now it will cause all browsers to lockup even after the extension is removed or deactivated. THIS NEEDS TO BE REMOVED FROM THE EXTENSION STORE BEFORE MORE DAMAGE IS CAUSED.
- (2018-11-23) Ethan M: "Disable HTML5 Autoplay Chrome Extension", where have you been all my life? All those years of muting my sound card because I had the foolish idea of opening two YouTube tabs. No more Charles Ives-like cacophony of dissonance!
- (2018-11-16) Md Shohel Rana: Works well and seems to block correctly.
- (2018-11-13) Jason Blank: works great for when you dont want something to play, and has an easy to use whitelist feature, but if you click play on a video on a non-whitelisted site there can be some issues where it kinda breaks the video, and you are forced to whitelist, watch, then unwhitelist
- (2018-11-02) Draco Naphobia: So far this works great. Blocks the annoying autoplay videos on the news sites. For this reason and this reason only I'm making Chrome my default browser!
- (2018-09-28) Oh So Mad: I remember when it was enough to have a Flash blocker. Now we have to block HTML5 as well. I've been using this extension for a couple of years and I LOVE what it does to websites. I have it turned off on websites where I want autoplay enabled, but for all the rest - extra-specially CNN and other news sites - it is a sanity saver and a lifesaver. Someone complained that it doesn't stop animated GIFs. That's because this extension is for HTML5, not GIFs!!!
- (2018-09-21) Haley: Still works in chrome canary for mac. Disabled the ad videos in F-ing cnet.
- (2018-08-31) Mister X: Doesn't always work (Youtube)
- (2018-08-30) E Sahlin: Does not work
- (2018-08-17) Hans Kloss: toll!!!
- (2018-08-16) Toshiaki Okumura: Yahooのテレビ番組ページ https://tv.yahoo.co.jp/ の頭にある動画の 自動再生が停止できました。
- (2018-08-09) Katherine A: Made Tumblr slightly faster, which is what I got it for, but didn't actually stop gifs from playing
- (2019-01-26, v:0.6.2) Alex: Extension is disabled by default and no longer works initially in the current version of Chrome
Chrome web store indicates that this extension is not maintained.
- (2018-12-06, v:0.6.2) Eric N: Browsers locking up frequently after installing extension
I've used this extension for about a year and a few months ago I began having problems with my home computer locking up when using browsers like Chrome and Firefox. Surfing webpages will make the entire computer unresponsive. I thought this was a localized problem with my computer until I downloaded this extension on my computer at work and instantly started having the same problems I've had on my home PC (win 7); work computer is a MAC. Disabling and removing the extension does not solve the problem. How can I restore functionality to my browsers?
- (2018-01-11, v:0.6.2) Wondering Raven: click bait embeded
Just an FYI, I was using this addon and for some reason I was googling some sites and when I go to a legit site was forwarded to a download site for an browser exploit that has been removed.
- (2017-12-14, v:0.6.2) Muzaffar Muz: Put machine learning on this extension pls
any data scientist willing to do this would be awesome !
- (2017-10-13, v:0.6.2) you tube buy move no play
- (2017-10-10, v:0.6.2) JW Player
Websites which use JW Player aren't affected
- (2017-09-21, v:0.6.2) Bruce Cross: Recently Stopped Working
The extension worked great until about a week ago, now it only works randomly.
- (2017-09-13, v:0.6.2) Steve Greene: jwplayer
Your plugin won't stop it autoplaying. It isn't detecting it as a media player. This is on salon.com
- (2017-08-29, v:0.6.2) Robert Weiner: Can't play GIFs
I don't want videos to autoplay on Facebook, but want GIFs to play on Facebook when I click on them. The only way I've been able to get a GIF to play on Facebook has been to turn off your add-in. Is there a way to enable certain content types, rather than enable or disable for a domain?
- (2017-08-26, v:0.6.2) Denise Lalonde: auto reloading of pages
when on yahoo web pages constantly reload. how do yo stop it?