Disable autoplay and preloading of HTML5 video and audio players.
- (2020-04-16) Jason Gurtz-Cayla: Works ok for preventing youtube autoplay but fails to block autoplay on some news sites like the washington post. Whitelist functionality is clunky: you must do it it on a site by site basis, while visiting each site. There is no way to keep and manually edit a list all at one time. 3 stars and still looking
- (2020-04-15) Veronica K. Berglyd Olsen: Works fine on most sites, but even when disabled on a site, it still interrupts functionality and breaks them. In other words: disabled isn't disabled. Since it breaks sites I need for work, I cannot use it.
- (2020-04-10) Mauro Corti: Cannot find a support email to write to, so I am going to post here. The extension works fine, but on the website "whereby" (formerly appear.in) my video and audio feed does not work unless I completely disable the extension in chrome (whitelisting the website is not enough).
- (2020-04-01) Дикобраз Колючий: Для меня отключение ненавистного автоповтора на Ютубе стало приятным бонусом! И в целом лучше пусть будут некоторые мелкие заморочки, но ни одно видео не откроется без моего ведома)) *злорадный смех*
- (2020-03-26) Saket Goel: I added this yesterday as an upgrade to a similar previous extension that is no longer supported. This has an intuitive interface. It works okay if the default is not to disable Autoplay/Preloading. My preference is to do opposite, disable by default, and enable for specific sites. Doing so it blocks incoming audio in google hangout conversation. If it is by design then okay otherwise please fix it.
- (2020-03-25) Пересвет: С недавних пор видео на Ютубе перестали загружаться. Выбивает ошибку с указанием идентификатора. Несколько дней назад в Вивальди, сегодня - в Слимджет. Отключил это расширение - видео запустилось.
- (2020-03-18) Zyn Lrm: Almost perfect. Disable HTML5 Autoplay (Reloaded) is one of the few extensions that works to properly stop videos from playing (so that you can see each video's thumbnail) instead of letting the video start to play and then just 'pausing' it on its first frame (which often results in black video player window with no discernible preview image). Also, unlike some other autoplay stoppers, it does NOT cause any lag or buffering delay when you click on the video to start playing it, nor does it require two clicks to get the video to play. It's also great that you can adjust settings on a site-by-site basis and that the interface is clean, unintrusive and doesn't clutter your browser or get in your face. The only downside is that it does not handle Structured Page Fragments page loading on YouTube. This means that videos still autoplay whenever you use your web browser's Back or Forward buttons to navigate pages on YouTube. The 'Improve YouTube!' extension DOES handle SPF (so autoplay is blocked when using forward/back browser buttons) but it only works on one that one web site, whereas Disable HTML5 Autoplay (Reloaded) works for all web sites. If this YouTube SPF issue could be fixed, then this would be the perfect autoplay stopper for me.
- (2020-03-17) redwolfe98: it works! thanks
- (2020-03-12) χ̶я̶ι̶м̶ѕ̶σ̶η̶_̶у̶σ̶η̶α̶в̶α̶: So far, I really need this and the extension is good. I just want the "disable preloading" to work accurately in order to save more internet data. Disable Preloading is not working properly on some websites like the "Recommended Videos" below on this site: https://www.topgear.com.ph/features/feature-articles/lto-drivers-license-application-costs-a4354-20191017 It blocks the auto-play though. Is it possible to have an option to specifically block auto-playing videos on a YouTube Channel's Home? Like this here: https://www.youtube.com/user/AmericasGotTalent This extension blocks the whole YouTube website. I only want to block those auto-playing videos on the Home YouTube Channel.
- (2020-03-09) Stanton McCandlish: The only one I can find so far that still works on YouTube as of March 2020 (all the others I've tried allow at least a bit of the YT video to start (often loudly). This one puts a dead stop to it. Good job.
- (2020-03-09) Smga: Только это расширение и работает, остальные намного хуже.
- (2020-02-20) Lachlan Stewart: Well, I just installed it, reloaded the page I didn't want html5 vids auto-playing on annnnd. Nothing. Video auto played. So... hated it.
- (2020-02-19) Count Dracula: Pretty good extension. It does what it says, but it will break the Insert Image dialog for Google Sheets for some reason. Other than that, this extension should be packaged with Chrome.
- (2020-02-16) Robert Holland: I've got a bug report, and I can't find a link to submit it anywhere except here. On some pages, like this one, https://factorio.com/blog/post/fff-334 , autoplay is always disabled no matter what the extension is set to do. I can whitelist the site, I can uncheck "Disable Autoplay", but the animations always start paused. The only way to prevent it is to go to Chrome extension settings and disable the extension completely.
- (2020-02-12) Jacob Smith | Fueled: Can't uncheck "disable preload" which breaks Google Hangouts/Meet (this broke somewhat recently).
- (2020-02-03) TheFate Defeater: This works Good extension
- (2020-02-01) T Harper: So far so good. I've had this for about a week, and its one of the only extensions that actually stopped autoplay on just about everything and thank god for the option to disable pre-loading. I run fairly close to my monthly data cap, and it made me nuts to see a video I didn't want to watch load 3/4 of it anyhow. Wish there were more users. I like extensions with thousands+ downloads so more people are using it and finding things. Especially after the Avast shenanigans, something with access to every page and its contents can be concerning.
- (2020-01-31) Sam Crawford: Excellent add-on. Just wish it was a part of Chrome itself, autoplay is the worst!
- (2020-01-30) Simon Hughes: Used to work, but stopped working a few days ago. It was brilliant when it worked.
- (2020-01-27) Serge Shevchik: Ломает некоторые сайты, как будто не подгружаются CSS стили. Придётся искать что-то другое.
- (2020-01-22) Dawn: Works perfectly to block autoplay of Youtube videos.
- (2020-01-20) Enmukee Enmukee: OMG! This works and the most annoying Netflix Autoplay cannot bother me anymore. Highly Recommended!
- (2020-01-19) Doug Colt: It says what it does and it does what it says. How this is not an option in Chrome settings is beyond me but this extension is the perfect solution for the unbelievably fu***ng annoying autoplay videos that plague us on the Internet. Well done.
- (2020-01-05) Simon Tamás: Tökéletesen blokkolja a Netflix idegesítő automatikus lejátszásait.
- (2020-01-05) Jed S: WOULD BE FAR BETTER IF OPTION TO RUN ON ALL SITES EXCEPT EXCLUDED SITES Right now it's the reverse, must include sites one-by-one The other options (always running or "on click") aren't good for some people Though no complaints if all the above options were there