Disable autoplay and preloading of HTML5 video and audio players.
- (2020-02-16) Robert Holland: I've got a bug report, and I can't find a link to submit it anywhere except here. On some pages, like this one, https://factorio.com/blog/post/fff-334 , autoplay is always disabled no matter what the extension is set to do. I can whitelist the site, I can uncheck "Disable Autoplay", but the animations always start paused. The only way to prevent it is to go to Chrome extension settings and disable the extension completely.
- (2020-02-12) Jacob Smith | Fueled: Can't uncheck "disable preload" which breaks Google Hangouts/Meet (this broke somewhat recently).
- (2020-02-03) TheFate Defeater: This works Good extension
- (2020-02-01) cfb cfb: So far so good. I've had this for about a week, and its one of the only extensions that actually stopped autoplay on just about everything and thank god for the option to disable pre-loading. I run fairly close to my monthly data cap, and it made me nuts to see a video I didn't want to watch load 3/4 of it anyhow. Wish there were more users. I like extensions with thousands+ downloads so more people are using it and finding things. Especially after the Avast shenanigans, something with access to every page and its contents can be concerning.
- (2020-01-31) Sam Crawford: Excellent add-on. Just wish it was a part of Chrome itself, autoplay is the worst!
- (2020-01-30) Simon Hughes: Used to work, but stopped working a few days ago. It was brilliant when it worked.
- (2020-01-27) Serge Shevchik: Ломает некоторые сайты, как будто не подгружаются CSS стили. Придётся искать что-то другое.
- (2020-01-22) Dawn: Works perfectly to block autoplay of Youtube videos.
- (2020-01-20) Enmukee Enmukee: OMG! This works and the most annoying Netflix Autoplay cannot bother me anymore. Highly Recommended!
- (2020-01-19) Doug Colt: It says what it does and it does what it says. How this is not an option in Chrome settings is beyond me but this extension is the perfect solution for the unbelievably fu***ng annoying autoplay videos that plague us on the Internet. Well done.
- (2020-01-05) Simon Tamás: Tökéletesen blokkolja a Netflix idegesítő automatikus lejátszásait.
- (2020-01-05) Jed S: WOULD BE FAR BETTER IF OPTION TO RUN ON ALL SITES EXCEPT EXCLUDED SITES Right now it's the reverse, must include sites one-by-one The other options (always running or "on click") aren't good for some people Though no complaints if all the above options were there
- (2019-12-29) WebDev: Doesn't quite work with MPEG Dash or HLS. Both Twitter and Reddit still preload the videos and eat up all of my mobile data plan. The concept is good, though.
- (2019-12-23) Bo Wells: The older Disable HTML5 wasn't doing its job so I gave this a try. It seems to work a little better. But, as far as I can tell it includes adware. After installing the extension I frequently get r.srvtrck.com redirect tabs opening. A little googling shows this is adware/malware. Pretty common on Windows systems when installing software. I'm a Linux user, only way this is getting on the system is the browser extension. After disabling the extension and removing it the r.srvtrck.com go away. If I reinstall it they come back. So, I'm removing it for good after posting this review. Good extension, bad idea including adware.
- (2019-12-22) Ondrej Byrtus: Completely useless - it breaks legit site and does not stop autoplay on any 'spam' ones.
- (2019-12-20) Amit Chaudhary: It seem to show hidden ads in background tabs when enabled.
- (2019-12-09) Geoff Infield: Installed from a recommendation on the google support site where we were crying about the state of autoplay and this extension saved my sanity! I'd been scrolling down www.stuff.co.nz to get to comments and it started FOUR videos playing over my movie :( That's all I wanted from this extension so when I did my usual 'drag a youtube tab to the TV' thing I almost cried with joy when the tab that got the focus on the PC DIDN'T start playing over the one now on the tv... it works on every site that I use INCLUDING ESPN AND CNN which others have found issues with, maybe cos I have adblock pro, dunno. Also as someone else commented, in addition to the left-click checkbox options, you can select 'options' and ensure that both loading and playing are disabled for ALL sites by default with only the listed sites having custom configuration. It's PERFECT in my experience (touch wood!)
- (2019-12-01) billyhatcher643: i love this addon but recently on youtube i have been seeing it not pause vids when i refresh pages when im on a video and its annoying as hell can u update please
- (2019-11-29) Jan D: After a while, the videos in background tabs start by themselves ....
- (2019-11-28) Alan Thompson: Adware and spam injected in pages
- (2019-11-25) Dima[ツ]: Чудово виконує свою функцію
- (2019-11-02) James McTaggart: I have to dsiable in settings it for some websites, but worth it to stop those ****ing auto-play videos
- (2019-10-14) Piotr Zborowski: This extension redirects browser (in new tab) to srvtrck website (!!!), where 5 second countdown starts and closes srvtrck website. With this extension it happened very often (usually after clicking at links, for example at google search) - it was very frustrating. After uninstalling this extension, the redirects are gone. So: the main idea (disabling autoplay) is very good, but the redirects are unacceptable.
- (2019-09-18) Joachim De Coninck: It just works!