Keyboard shortcuts for navigation and control. Vim like bindings.
keyboard shortcuts for navigation and control. Vim keybindings extension. No ads, no spyware. v9.3 Deprecate and Remove KeyboardEvent.keyIdenfitier (Chrome 54) v9.2 execute scripts alias mode (localstorage -> bookmarks) v8.8 bugfix (scrolling) v8.3 multi link opener v8.0 added some commands v7.0 smooth scroll screen capture v6.1 added show clock v5.0 added get text v4.3 added extension manager **********NOTE********** Google does not allow extensions to run on built-in Chrome pages. (Setting page and New Tab page) ---hit a hint--- Hit-a-Hint Hit-a-Hint -newtab Hit-a-Hint -continuous ---scroll--- scroll up scroll down scroll left scroll right scroll to top scroll to bottom scroll down full page scroll up full page scroll up half page scroll up half page ---select tab--- select first tab select last tab select left tab select right tab select next window ---history--- forward in history back in history ---search web--- search web search web in new tab ---tab list--- show tabList ---open--- open bookmark open bookmark in new tab open history entry open history entry in new tab open URL open URL in new tab open URL in new tab background ---focus--- focus first text input blur focus focus next editable element focus previous editable element ---close/restore--- close current tab close left tabs close right tabs close other tabs close current window restore closed tab ---pin/unpin--- pin/unpin tab ---create--- create new tab create new tab background create new window ---to clipboard--- copy current URL copy url and title copy url and title as a tag URL Shortener ---link label--- follow link labeled next follow link labeled previous ---go to--- go to parent dir go to root ---mark--- set mark jump to mark ---split window--- split window vertically split window horizontally ---reload--- reload cacheless reload reload all tabs ---search text--- search mode forward search mode backward ---URL Alias--- URL alias mode ---sort tab--- sort tab (title) sort tab (URL) sort tab (id) ---screenshot--- full page screen visible part of the page ---etc---- duplicate tab store/load tabs save as MHTML options page
- (2020-02-03) Doug Brewer: The most flexible keyboard shortcut for Chrome. It defaults to VIM like shortcuts, but you can customize. Unexpectedly powerful - if a bit nerdy. But you don't have to be a VIM enthusiast to figure out how to make this useful. Another unexpected feature is that every link on the page has a shortcut - just hit the space bar to see it. You don't even need a mouse once this is up an running! Great for news junkies.
- (2019-08-12) Romain Racamier-Lafon: Great, lot of features, easy to configure, thanks !
- (2019-06-07) Chris Vydas: Does not work at all, in addition, this is not at all what i was expecting. had the impression this would allow me to control/edit Chromes shortcut keys and create new one but this is nothing like that. i created some custom actions and nothing happened. uninstalled
- (2018-07-13) blue: want to adjust the size of the clock!!
- (2018-06-04) Arty Taylor: This extension was unecpectedly feature rich, it has the ability to type a word quickly and have that word you type literally act as a shortcut, i type "bm" and it adds a shortcut directly to my favourites, or i can type "copyurl" anywhere on chrome to copy the url to my clipboard, you can also assign several different keywords or shortcuts to the same action if you struggle to remember exactly what the spelling for the specified shortcut was like me hahaa, eventually you remember it and stick to one thing and can delete the others to save space and declutter your shortcuts settings. I'm surprised it works at all considering it's only got 25 reviews and a thousand users, but that sure to change if the word gets out. One thing i don't exactly understand is what these (hints / scrolling) features are? "this extensions isn't very innovative in its explanations, it seems like the creator is on a little but of a tight budget" but never the less, this is an unexpectedly powerful tool, however it's been day one so ill review soon with any cons i've found!
- (2018-05-11) Toshi M: I prefer this than Shortkeys. I use this with Emacs like keybind. To enable key customization, you need tab reloading after configuration. 設定変更したあと，タブをリロードしないと変更あ有効にならないのに注意が必要． キーバインドではCtrlもAltもShiftも使えるようです。スクロールする長さもカスタマイズ可能。 自分はEmacs風キーバインドに設定して使ってます。 Gmailなどデフォルトのキー設定があるものについては、衝突を回避するために「このURLについては全キー設定を無効」な設定にするのがオススメ。
- (2018-04-05) Darion Leigh: Doesn't turn on - simply does nothing
- (2018-02-15) Naseeruddin Vn: love it. the scroll isnt working thought.
- (2017-04-18) Ccgreen: Could not get it to work. The "scroll down" (or whatever I was trying) - showed in bottom left, but nothing happened with any of the keyboard shortcuts. Clearly based on the prior reviews - I must be doing something wrong??
- (2017-01-06) Matteo Valerio Falessi: This is the most promising app to implement emacs keybindings in Chrome. Anyway it is of fundamental importance that it becomes Open Source.
- (2016-10-24) Hen Engel: Very powerful tool. Still needs some work, but huge potential...
- (2016-10-08) Uwe Kögel: Better performence then Vimium
- (2016-08-23) Jeir Lee: where are the previous and next page hotkeys??
- (2016-06-20) Abdelrahman Sahmoud: I have no idea how was I using my browser without this extension. Kunihiro Andou THANK YOU!
- (2016-03-04) Shiqi Cao: Amazing tool, now I can control my browser just using mouse. That's tool I was looking for years!
- (2016-01-21) あかつき: 機能していないです
- (2015-11-06) Alex Ivasi: This extension forced me to jump from Firefox to Google Chrome :) p.s. it is like Vimium on steroids - but looks much more powerful - please, keep it updated! 5 start! Excellent job.
- (2014-10-25) Brian White: ummmm no help or how to get started...
- (2014-07-29) Acer Chang: Better than other similar extensions!
- (2014-06-19) Alessandro Stoppato: Great work!! it's like being in vim while browsing the web! cool! :D UPDATE: interfere with input field on a banned site. need to disable or access the banned site via private session :/
- (2014-05-30) Excellent! Good job baby!
- (2020-01-28, v:9.4) U Y: on/off hard-coded keyboard shortcut
the on/off keyboard shortcut for this extension is shift+esc - this is hard-coded and cannot be changed. this keyboard shortcut also happens to be the same for bringing up chrome browser's task manager. you have to change yours to a modifiable shortcut
- (2019-10-27, v:9.4) M D: "search web in new tab" bar focus
the "search web in new tab" function works but after pressing the hotkey the search bar isn't focused so you have to use the mouse to focus the bar which makes it useless(
- (2019-05-28, v:9.4) muhammad zain: not turnon
how to turn on please reply
- (2019-05-21, v:9.4) Nagaraj: start controlling only by voice
i love this app but only one drawback is i have to click the icon to give new input each and every time, any option is there to give new input through voice only instead of clicking mic icon or ALT & TAB.
- (2019-03-24, v:9.4) M D: Scrolling
all the scrolling options (down, up, to top..etc) don't seem to work
- (2018-09-25, v:9.4) Harsh Pareek: Open source?
A lot of people who are interested in your extensions are developers, and given that you ask for permission to access our data on all websites we visit, which my company may have a problem with. One way to deal with this is to open source your extension, so we can go through it and check that nothing malicious is happening (it is not a certainty that you can quickly find a security flaw, but it atleast makes it harder for the developer to exploit the extension)
- (2018-04-12, v:9.4) Rafael Junqueira: How to use
- (2018-02-09, v:9.3) 王博生: scroll bug
Hi, When I zoom to 110% or 125% scroll functions is not working.
- (2017-11-11, v:9.3) Clemens Ratte-Polle: Ctrl+F1 safe?
Will it change/overwrite key existing commands in Ctrl+F1 ?
- (2017-02-25, v:9.3) jeir Lee: how to go back and go forward?
how to go back and go forward? as title. It confus me for a long time, now I click Ctrl+ left & Ctrl +right, but I wish someway more easily.
- (2017-01-15, v:9.3) Matteo Valerio Falessi: Ctrl-n and Ctrl-w keybindings cannot be overwritten in chromeos
Ctrl-n and Ctrl-w keybindings cannot be overwritten in chromeos