Chrome Tab Manager, Limit the number of active tabs opens, keep unused tabs off screen
Stack tab is a simple tab manager for chrome. Quickly and conveniently close unused tabs, retrieve them when needed. - Get rid of the clutter and focus on required tabs only. - Effortlessly close used tabs. Functionality: - filter search tabs - set limit for number of tabs opened per session - Automatically close and save tab when limit is reached - Close oldest tab on limit reach - Close left-most tab on limit reach ** NEW UPDATE *** - Option to close page anywhere, option is available on context menu (right click on page to view) - clicking stack tab in context menu closes the page and adds it to the stack. - Context menu fixed **UPDATE VERSION 1.6** - settings persist between sessions - disregard pinned and active tabs due to close
- (2021-05-25) MrGhostMark: New chrome update prevents extensions from automatically reopening old tabs. Manually opening from the stack still works.
- (2020-11-17) Elian King: I am definitely the type of person that likes to be hyper-organized. So having 18 tabs open on my computer can drive me a little insane sometimes, even though its necessary. This extension is a life-saver. It's so helpful when I'm doing my school work or just working on my personal writing projects at home. It made me do that little happy dance when I first started using it because I was so excited. Could it be improved? Of course. But everything can be improved somehow, and that shouldn't take away from this extension's capabilities. I absolutely love it, and will be using it every day. I highly recommend it for anyone who can be a little disorganized or likes to be a little too organized.
- (2019-10-23) Utku Garip: Turkish language support..
- (2018-12-20) Karsten Johansson: What I like: It really lightens the load on my Raspberry Pi. I'm a habitual multi-tab then eventually read kinda guy. It appears a whole lot of people out there are. I like the plugin enough that I started using it on my server as well, which has way more than enough memory and cpu speed without it. What I really *really* want: Why can't I right-click on a URL and send the link directly to stack-tab? It seems like a most obvious feature given what it does already. That's the one and only feature that I see as a glaring omission in this otherwise productive tool.
- (2018-03-11) zac giotto: nice extension. But I find two imperfections could be improved. 1.This extension doesn't really "stack" the tabs. When I click and want to open the "stacked tab", the page loads again. It seems that the extension just remember the link of the "stacked tabs", like a bookmark application. It doesn't matter usually, but a little inconvenient in bad network. 2.When I close enough pages, even there is only one tab, the stacked tabs cannot reappear automatically to fulfill the limit number. A switch of the auto-appear function will be awesome. I need this function while others may don't.
- (2018-02-14) Felix Schlegel: Once you close chrome, all tabs inside StackTab disappear. Also too tedious to switch to tabs in the stacktab, you have to drag them back into chrome first. very unintuitive.
- (2017-12-28) ВАСЯ пупкин: Please, add autorestore tab(s) from saved list, when other tab(s) are closed by user (add it as option). Thank you. Very useful thing! *****
- (2017-12-12) Michael Obeng: Really helps to keep track of what I have open. Highly recommend
- (2017-12-11) Vannesa Antwi Nuamah: Fantastic!!! Simple yet useful. I don't have to bookmark anymore Thanks developer xx
- (2017-12-10) Amir Šaran: Nice and handy extension for messy people.
- (2018-07-03, v:1.7) Arun B: Stack Tab option not showing on context menu
I have stack tab enabled and was working previously. I think after chrome update, the menu entry is not shown in right click menu of page. Other extensions like last pass and ublock has their entries in the menu.
- (2018-02-13, v:1.5) mikael persson: Pinned tabs
Hello, I've recently started using your handy little tool. I have a suggestion on how you could make it even more useful. Simply disregard pinned tabs. As I keep a couple of pinned tabs like mail etc it's disturbing when they are closed and you'd rather see other tabs getting closed down. Thanks! Mikael
- (2018-01-14, v:1.4) M: Reverts back to default 'close the left-most tab'
Every time I open chrome I have to change the setting back to 'close the oldest', as it reverts back to 'close the left-most tab' whenever I open chrome