Filters out obscene words on webpages and optionally mutes profanity on Netflix.
This "Naughty Language Filter" filters out obscene text on webpages and even has the additional feature of muting profanity in Netflix (by utilizing Netflix's subtitles). Essentially, a profanity filter that purifies your window into the internet, one word at a time! ● Designed to have virtually no negative impact on performance. ● The built-in bad word list contains most all words that would be considered as "bad words". ● The Netflix video muting works by processing Netflix's subtitles (subtitles must be turned on within Netflix for this to work, but the extension will hide the subtitles via magic!). The Netflix video muting will not be perfect because it is directly dependent on the subtitles being accurate and timely. ● Words can be added or deleted from the profanity word list as desired. ● Profanity filtering can be turned off on a per-website basis. ● Customize how words will be filtered (e.g. will it look like *****, or l----, or FILTERED). You choose! The obscene text filtering works with essentially any webpage: Reddit, Youtube, Soundcloud, Google, Facebook, ... basically any website!
- (2021-04-02) *Tulip: actually works. i hate hearing and seeing swears, so this is really nice. the only reason i give it 4 stars is because im still afraid that it will steal my data. probably not but i'm kinda worried (im a cautious person in general so take my worries with a grain of salt). works great, would recommend. EDIT: Please read my reply down below ⬇️. Has my updated thoughts after using this add on for a while. (also, this review used to be 4 stars but I changed it to 5)
- (2020-08-23) Cheyla Alexander: Works really well! Maybe the last review was actually fake. Either that, or that person didn't have the filter correctly turned on. If you're looking for a good filter that filters out bad language on websites and also filters out bad language on Netflix, I suggest you give this one a try and judge for yourselves. When comparing features of this filter to others, this one stands out as one of the best. And it's free!
- (2019-12-02) Krunchy: worst out there the other review is fake i tried it went on a website and saw a nice juicy F-bomb.
- (2019-07-21) Mike Alexander: Awesome - best filter out there!
- (2019-10-20, v:1.07) E H: Doesn't filter amazon videos
I rented an Amazon Video but the filter will take the word off the subtitles but say the word out loud in the movie.
- (2019-06-11, v:1.07) skip field: Support for other streaming video
This is the best extension I have found for filtering text- it's fantastic! I don't use netflix so I cannot comment on that. I would love to see support added for YouTube. I haven't found anything that works to filter YouTube videos