Save and restore windows.
Simple Window Saver makes it super easy to save and restore windows. Keep one window for work tabs, one for Gmail and Facebook, and one for your vacation planning or the research on that new TV you want to buy. As the title reveals, simplicity is the name of the game. Unlike other session managers, Simple Window Saver remembers when you've saved a window and keeps track of changes. It's not full of features you don't need – it does what you want and it does it well. Go ahead, give it a try! If you have feedback or suggestions, do not hesitate to contact me at [email protected] And if you like this extension, remember to give it a good rating! - - Data collection - - Simple Window Saver uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous usage data, such as how many saved windows users have and how often a new window is saved. This helps me improve the extension. I DO NOT track the urls or titles of the windows/tabs you save, or the names of the saved windows. If you have any concerns about this, you are welcome to inspect the source code (github link below, or use Chrome's web inspector). - - Contributors - - Please join me in thanking Timo Reimann for his contributions to this project. Timo has submitted several patches that improve the reliability and performance of the extension. - - Changes - - Version 1.4: * retina icons * display tab count in badge * under the hood changes for manifest 2.0 Version 1.3: * made most recently opened windows appear at the top of the list * fixed click-to-focus * added support pinned tabs * Google Analytics Version 1.2: improvements in reliability Version 1.1: click an open window to focus it Version 1.0: initial release
- (2019-11-18) 곽성재: - simple is best -
- (2019-10-01) David Suen: It often gets them mixed up and doesn't save the correct windows....
- (2019-08-15) Chuck Lauer Vose: So beautifully simple. Thank you!
- (2019-06-20) Juan Carlos Gutiérrez: F you man, I lost all tabs I had saved
- (2019-05-20) (株)グローバライン土居: セッションバディと比較してよい点は、登録したタブのグループでさらにタブを増やしたり、減らしたりしたときに自動で更新される。セッションバディは登録したタブしか開けないので、タブを増やした場合は再登録が必要になる。この点について、こちらの拡張は優れている。ザッピングしているテーマでタブを保存する場合は、こちらの方が使いやすい。ただ、拡張性の部分では、今後に期待という感じ
- (2019-03-06) Regis Sá: i had tried many other related extesions, but this one is the best. It organizes all tabs same positions as they were closed, really helpful, it's simple and easy, low memory consumption. Hope the author could update it, since it has been long time with no updates, though still working as it suppose to. I looked for a way to make a donation, but couldn't find any. Great job. Tks
- (2019-01-22) Laszlo Lieszkovszky: Exactly what I was looking for. I tried out half a dozen other tab/session manager addons and for some reason none of them are able to just automatically save my windows as they were when I close them. "Simple Window Saver" seems to be doing just that, and it's working fine so far. The only other plugin I found that was able to do so was "Tabs Outliner" - but that's just overkill for what I want. Do you have a way to donate to the project? I can spare a few bucks for something that simplifies my tab-infested life.
- (2019-01-11) Kim Ladin: I LOVE LOVE LOVE this extension. My browser tabs and windows multiply like bunnies, and this really helps me keep them organized.
- (2019-01-10) Pit: Did not save instance (url+data). Only url and tab. Too simple!!! not worth it at all. Amature extension
- (2018-12-04) Robert Lumens: I like it very much. It has allowed me to have items available with one click while not having them open and running and slowing down my computer. Instead of having 37 things open in drop downs, I can retrieve them with a click. I wish there were some simple instructions available for it.
- (2018-12-03) KoT Tr: すごく便利に使っているが欲を言うならexport / import機能が欲しい 新しいPCにもウィンドウの移行ができたり、何か不具合でchromeの入れ直しをする際にもバックアップできるとすごいいいのですが
- (2018-11-23) blueskyoveryou: good
- (2018-11-23) 조영훈: good
- (2018-11-04) Takuya Iwamoto: very good!!
- (2018-10-01) Naeem Barrett: A vital extension for any million-tab lover.
- (2018-09-13) suraj bonagiri: You are a life saver. Thank you for the simple and yet intutive and powerful design.
- (2018-08-29) Jerome Farnan: this is great for saving a large number of open windows. Especially useful for research on specific topics, the windows can be saved for later review
- (2018-08-11) Wojciech Spychała: Great app!!! This is what i was looking for! But please add keyboard shortcuts to switch between windows!
- (2018-07-25) JM Chavarria: No sirve de nada
- (2018-07-21) Eduardo Lorandi: Pretty good until now, simple solution for what I was looking for
- (2018-07-13) Mikhail Naganov: I love minimalist extensions. This one does it job and does not annoy me.
- (2018-06-23) Анискевич Ирэна: удаляет все сохраненные сессии при обновлении.
- (2018-06-22) Dan Andrew: Certainly simple, but just what I needed! I wanted to be able to get home, or to the office and select a 'Business' bunch of tabs, or 'Personal' bunch of tabs and this has achieved exactly that. Thanks for the app!
- (2018-06-07) Žarko Ajdinović: Good idea, but horribly unstable, Ive lost count of how many times it has lost my SAVED sessions...its like, YOU HAD ONE JOB
- (2018-06-01) j0n b0n: Never knew how much I needed this. Super useful! Especially as a developer who works on many projects at the same time.
- (2019-10-06, v:1.4) Michael Sylvester: Lost all of my tabs
Giving up on this extension and going back to a more reliable one.
- (2019-07-01, v:1.4) Pablo Román: Saved windows disappeared
What happened!!?? With the last update all my saved windows disappeared.
- (2019-01-16, v:1.4) Ulrik Käppler: backup copy
In which file are the settings saved in a Linux/Ubuntu or a MS Windows system? I would like to make a backup copy before i loose all saved websites.
- (2018-12-02, v:1.4) Panos Salteas: Lost saved windows
After the app updated, I lost all of my saved windows! Is there any way to retrieve them?
- (2018-11-02, v:1.4) Peter Bender: Update Loses Saved Windows
This extension has been very stable and highly useful. However, the latest update wiped out all of my saved windows.
- (2018-10-08, v:1.4) Eva Černi: I really wanted to like it
I've lost an important tab set twice now. I think it could have something to do with with two sets that containing the same word? They seem to merge in one occasionally. Instead of having set 1 and set 2, I open the browser and there is set 2 and set 2. So I close and reopen the browser and there is set 1 and set 2 again, but the content from set 1 is lost and replaced with a copy from set 2. It made me feel very frustrated today when I got to work and had no tabs that I needed again, but I figured I should contact you rather than leave a review.
- (2018-09-06, v:1.4) FEATURE REQUEST: Could you add shortcuts?
I love your extension!! Could you add keyboard shortcuts to open each saved window? That would even help me more!
- (2018-08-11, v:1.4) Wojciech Spychała: Keyboard shortcuts
Please add keyboard shortcuts to switch between windows!
- (2018-06-11, v:1.4) Peter Bender: export/import/migrate
As a professional using my browser all day every day, this app is essential. The ability to migrate the saved windows from one device to another would be really useful. If it also acted as an exportable/importable backup/restore features, even better.
- (2018-05-12, v:1.4) Lawrence Vandervoort: Carry over the tabs
As mentioned a few times in the past, it would be great if we carry over the windows from previous devices.