Enter dashes, accents, Greek letters, or alias in general—quickly!
A custom, all-purpose, word aliaser! You can now create your own aliases in addition to en and em dashes! Moreover, the extension comes with built-in alias packs, including Greek, accents, and math symbols! Simply enter two dashes (hyphens) for an en–dash, and three for an em–dash! This can be changed, as can all other aliases you make! This works nearly anywhere, in google, hangouts, messenger, facebook, etc. If it doesn't work on a site that you use, be sure to report a bug, or contact us! Feel free to send feedback or issues, or ask for increased dash functionality! Thanks so much for your support!
- (2020-10-27) aSky: Great. Thank you so much, makes it so much easier
- (2020-08-28) Hannah Freedman: Doesn't work at all for me. Very disappointing EDIT: A day after installing it, it suddenly started working out of the blue! Not sure what changed, but I'm glad it works as intended.
- (2020-07-14) Amber Riddler: AMAZING! I downloaded this after tumblr discontinued native support for -- and ---. This is the single ONLY solution I found for this problem (after a week of searching and trying multiple others). So far it works as expected and I hope that continues.
- (2020-02-05) Brian Chia: When it works it's great. But after the initial install, I found that it only works sporadically. Sometimes turning it on and off will help, and other times it's useless. Love the concept, so if the bugs / QC can be improved this would be an amazing extension.
- (2019-07-13) I. M. Cuesta: Doesn't work with writerduet. Please, fix it.
- (2019-04-27) Mike Arst: Alas, won't work with my Chromebook. Tried several times turned it on and off, added/removed/re-added "packs". Nope. Just the luck of the draw, I guess. It might be great in other situations, though.
- (2017-12-04) Pierre Rivard: The best, for French accents
- (2020-07-14, v:2.0.5) Amber Riddler: Limited Success
Hi! I'm not sure if this plugin is still being updated or maintained but just in case the developer sees this: It looks like it only actually works in the first sentence / on the first line, and on any other line it will break. I was confused as to why it only worked SOMETIMES on tumblr but then figured out where and when it was breaking! Not sure if there's a solution to this. I recommended this extension to a few friends and we're all having the same issue, unfortunately! I tried this on tumblr and on Facebook; I actually also trued it in this form but it's not working here at ALL.
- (2017-11-30, v:2.0.5) Pierre Rivard: french symbol
Hi Ofek, it appears that the French symbol and alias combination of ,c aliasing to ç does not work. Could you help? All other French symbols work fine. Keep up the good work, I really like the extension that you developed. Thank you,
- (2017-06-14, v:2.0.5) Matt: keyboard shortcut
how about a keyboard shortcut to enable/disable the plugin? And maybe an option to activate the plugin just for your next special character? thanks
- (2017-04-11, v:2.0.5) Chris Bidmead: Am I missing something?
Can't get this to work at all in Gmail, or---it seems---here. -- Chris
- (2016-12-12, v:2.0.4) Lauren Carter: Google docs
It doesn't appear to work for google docs? It worked in my browser but nothing happens when I type it into a document.
- (2016-10-04, v:2.0.1) Argothiel: Gmail support
Thanks for the extension, I was looking for something like that! I cannot get this working for Gmail. :( Could you help?